Man led cops on two county chase at 110 mph

Full story: Newsday

When he passed the Nassau County Police Department Highway Patrol officer on the Long Island Expressway during the Tuesday night rush hour in Woodbury, police said Paul Fazio was going 110 mph.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 196 of196
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gramps

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Bro Hughes wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.$1500 bail? He could have easily killed multiple people. He won't show up for court. What is wrong with these judges?
They are lawyers with I.Q.s of 50.
Dick Cheney

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Nailed To Gold wrote:
I think its great that he eluded the cops (until the heli spotted him), cops need some humility once in a while.
I'm sure you'll change your tune when this reckless moron runs into your mom, wife, sister, or daughter.
But since drivers are a priviledged class in this state, I'm sure he'll be back on the road soon, with full priviledges to drive however he wants.

“Sqaud Up”

Since: Dec 06

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
No Wonder we're Losing !
LOL
I hope he realizes the LOUD difference from dirt roads and paved ones, and camels and cars.
nun4utoo

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

the cop's did'nt have to chase him & put other people lives in danger.all they had to do was grab his plate # & arrest him another day.a sad reason for the cop's to play hero & be just as immature i think.they endangered other lives too.
male subject 35

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

what's wrong with 115 mph?i continually drive my van on the LIE at 80 -85 mph.
male subject 35

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

a patriot wrote:
When I served my country in Iraq, I worked convoy security. WE didnt have a problem with people driving recklessly or trying to outmanuever our convoys. We had signs in english and arabic on our vehicles which clearly stated that deadly force will be used against you if you attempted to alude our convoy. Our motto was "cruel intentions". EVERYONE knew what that ment. This thing on long Island about showing people mercy with a little fine and slap on the wrist is beyond rediculous. No wonder americans are known as "papertigers". My men would have solved this pursuit very quickly with a well placed headshot. Now THATS what I'm talking about.
Thats not patriotic,thats communist.Is that what they teach you in the armed forces,no wonder your all getting your asses blown away.God is obviously on the other side.
male subject 35

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

Bring back the Dukes of Hazzards
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2007

male subject 35 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not patriotic,thats communist.Is that what they teach you in the armed forces,no wonder your all getting your asses blown away.God is obviously on the other side.
Then go live over there you jerk! This country's IQ would go up 10 fold the moment you left.
male subject 35

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2007

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Then go live over there you jerk! This country's IQ would go up 10 fold the moment you left.
I'd rather stay here and insult dumb asses like yourself JoeJoe.As for IQ,take a long good look in the mirror.My 4 year old has a peg board you might learn something from...
An Old Frienemy

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Hahahaha, this guy Paul is the biggest DUCHEBAG. I know him personally. I know this is an old thread but I couldn't help but laugh and post something. I hope he's still in jail. He has an old motto, "I never met a friend I wouldn't steal from."
Rot in jail scumbag. We all face tough times and choices, you chose to screw people, now you lose.
Drug addict: 0
Public interest: 1
Cool hand luke

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Where the hell is America?
paul fazio

Bloomsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

An Old Frienemy wrote:
Hahahaha, this guy Paul is the biggest DUCHEBAG. I know him personally. I know this is an old thread but I couldn't help but laugh and post something. I hope he's still in jail. He has an old motto, "I never met a friend I wouldn't steal from."
Rot in jail scumbag. We all face tough times and choices, you chose to screw people, now you lose.
Drug addict: 0
Public interest: 1
i happen to know paul as well and i can say that if he screwed u over, u deserved it. and im sure its safe to bet that he never considered u a friend. ps. if ur going to bad mouth someone, at least have the balls to not hide behind an alias.#coward
paul fazio

Bloomsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

tami wrote:
I've known Paul since he was 5.He's had a rough life.His father died when he was very young and his mother & 3 year old brother were killed in a house fire. Give him a break he's had a very hard life.
just noticed this article and the mostly idiotic comments spewing so much hate towards me for a minor pursuit that (more then likely) i would or could of only hurt myself in. these people think i should get the death penalty. jeez! oh well. F em! anyway, the only "Tami" that ive known since 5 yrs old that i can think of that is the one that from copaigue that now or (last i knew) lives in bayshore..? thank u for the kind words and for future referance, pls pay no attention to these types of idiots and their nasty comments and judgments. im going to try getting in touch w ya. take care tami
Paul Fazio

Bloomsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Here is a more honest portrayal of the incident by the NY post. its funny how people can be so easily swayed to give praise or to be so harshly judgmental, simply by how a certain price of news is portrayed. Well, here it is.--
A guy on a R 1 gave cops a good run for the money but after running from the Nassau border then into Suffolk county gave up. Why he could not lose the two helicopters that where tailing him. The guys has style though and the cops quote at the end says it all.
IT'S SUPERCHASE!
140-MPH BIKER'S WILD RIDE
April 5, 2007 -- A Long Island motorcyclist, sporting a Superman emblem on his bike, coolly puffed on a cigarette and awaited his arrest after a 140-mph, six-highway chase that left a phalanx of police cruisers in his dust.
The pursuit came to a cli max worthy of a Steve McQueen movie Tuesday night when Paul Fazio, 37, mistakenly turned down a dead-end street as two police helicopters hovered overhead.
Resigned to his capture after the 40-minute chase, Fazio dumped his 2003 Yamaha, calmly walked 200 yards into a wooded area, and fired up a ciga rette. Alerted to his location by the helicopters, pursuing cops found him stretched out on the ground in mid-puff as cool as a leading man.
The chase began as Fazio blew by a Nassau County Highway Patrol car at 110 mph on the Long Island Expressway in Woodbury at 6 p.m. Tuesday.
He was allegedly operating his bike - which has a Superman logo on the windscreen - with a suspended driver's license and without any motorcycle license.
The officer began a pursuit of the bike as it wove across several lanes, but was unable to gain any ground. He radioed backup units as Fazio crossed into Suffolk County and was eventually joined by another cruiser.
The two units began to lose sight of Fazio as he merged onto the Sagtikos Parkway and then onto the Southern State Parkway. They quickly called for helicopter assistance and were ordered by superiors to ease up on the risky pursuit. The breakneck speeds put other motorists in imminent danger, cops said.
"This isn't L.A.," Sgt. Michael Mehr of the Suffolk Highway Patrol said. "We don't chase motorcycles at high speeds like that. It's just too dangerous."
Instead, the pursuing officers alerted two additional Suffolk County cruisers that Fazio, who has a rap sheet dating back to the early 1990s, was headed in their direction on Montauk Highway in Yaphank. But instead of pulling over as the lights and sirens blared, Fazio twisted the throttle even harder and hit speeds above 140 mph, police said.
Without any visible police presence to his rear at this point, Fazio apparently made a break for his home in Shirley. But he soon noticed the pursuing eyes in the sky and reversed course, heading west on Montauk Highway back toward Patchogue.
Noting that he was now swerving into oncoming lanes, Sgt. Mehr again ordered patrol cars to abandon their chase to avoid hurting other drivers. But the helicopters were relentless.
Finally, Fazio turned down Ohls Street in Patchogue and was confronted by a dead end. Realizing that beating the helicopters was impossible, police said, he abandoned his trusty steed and relaxed as the howl of police sirens grew closer. He was arrested without incident. Fazio, who was sober, will be hit with a long list of traffic-related charges. "I guess he didn't want a ticket," Mehr said.
Paul Fazio

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

And btw, how u doing Kevin Genco? Dam right I screwed u over. And I'd do it again!! All mad cause I spurned ur homosexual advances. Keep it real.
John

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2014

jeff wrote:
Too bad he didnt hit a bridge abutment, we would all be done with this clown
Too bad I can't find you and blow your brains out. Retard

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 196 of196
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ronkonkoma Discussions

Search the Ronkonkoma Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Goode 1 hr Stanley R Sogg 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Lucifer 114,613
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr positronium 6,323
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 6 hr positronium 6,324
Giant Garage Sale 15 hr John 8
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Thu Tony 1,293
Mastic Beach man charged in wife's fatal stabbing (Dec '08) Thu pat 30
•••
•••

Ronkonkoma News Video

•••
Ronkonkoma Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ronkonkoma Jobs