Frontier or WildBlue Internet

Frontier or WildBlue Internet

Posted in the Ronceverte Forum

needingtoknow

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Just curious to which internet is better in ronceverte-kinda rural area.I live on a back road a few miles outta town.Just don't know which to go with. I've heard from a couple ppl that frontier sucks and wild blue is better and vise versa. kinda between a rock and a hard place at the moment.I have a U.S Cellular internet modem and i've had nothing but trouble with it.I just know I "HAVE" to do away with that.Com ments appreciated!:)
No Net

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Frontier if you can get it at your location.
Informed

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2012
Wild Blue is like HughesNet, there are restrictions on your download capacity. HughesNet was 450 MB/24 hours, and recently mine was bumped to 950 MB/24 hours. Should you exceed this, they will cut your speed down to much slower than dialup. Of course with $$ you can buy access for 24 hours till your Fair Access Policy amount has been restored. Typically playing online yahoo games, and doing simple emails without a lot of streaming video is okay, but any intensive online gaming (XBOX) or YouTube, will kill the internet. I have no other option where I live and this costs me approximately $80 a month!! I would love to have any other option!
Informed

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2012
Also, no VoIP for phone. Bandwidth is not strong enough.
One

United States

#5 Oct 9, 2012
Frontier..i just recently got it after having us cellular tethering and i like it..With the new equipment and lines the internet is outstanding.
really

Rosemount, MN

#6 Oct 13, 2012
Just went with Wild Blue, which is now Excede and love it. Had Hughes Net before and they have very poor customer service.
needingtoknow

United States

#7 Oct 17, 2012
Thank you all for your suggestions.guess im stuck with wildblue. I don't get frontier in my area,Thanks a bunch though :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronceverte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit filed against West Virginia DHHR relate... (Oct '08) 8 min Wrongly accused 66
tunnel at fair ground 7 hr Drivers Ed 33
the incestuous cousins are back 17 hr cracked up 4
Old Butch 18 hr Carol 1
need fenceing staples 19 hr farmer in need of... 2
Crime Rates in West Virginia 20 hr graipfroot 2
Coupons 20 hr Need one 1
More from around the web

Ronceverte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Ronceverte Mortgages