Boil water advisory

Posted in the Ronceverte Forum

Concerned

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Can a month go by without the city of Ronceverte having a boil water advisory?? It is so annoying! And I love finding out about it the NEXT day. Gross!!
wondering

Dunbar, WV

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I do NOT drink water when I am in Ronceverte. Carry my own water in a bottle.
Annoyed

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Yeah their notification system leaves much to be desired. Shouldn't be surprised. I don't drink the water either but I do brush my teeth in it. They charge enough for it that I would expect to at least have decent water that I don't have to boil to use it all the time.
Has been lifted

Yawkey, WV

#4 Feb 1, 2013
The boil water advisory has been lifted.
Pychonaut

Bellevue, WA

#5 Feb 25, 2013
Yes, they really need to do better no notify people of the advisories, instead of putting it it the WV Daily News a day or 2 AFTER it goes in effect! I believe I got sick from it a few years ago & didn't find out for about 2 days there was a boil advisory. Someone could get really sick & end up suing over that.
sac

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Feb 26, 2013
well you have access to a computer and im sure your a FB fan join their page and get notafictions from" GC HS EM" thats Greenbrier County Homeland Security and Emergency Management FB page and Ronceverte WV" FB page..also our water comes from lewisburg now, since a few years ago. and the only reason they tell you to boil it is because a line has broken and some dirt has probably gotten into the line so as a precaution they advise you to boil it, you breathe in more dirt than you'll ever drink
Resident

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Feb 26, 2013
sac wrote:
well you have access to a computer and im sure your a FB fan join their page and get notafictions from" GC HS EM" thats Greenbrier County Homeland Security and Emergency Management FB page and Ronceverte WV" FB page..also our water comes from lewisburg now, since a few years ago. and the only reason they tell you to boil it is because a line has broken and some dirt has probably gotten into the line so as a precaution they advise you to boil it, you breathe in more dirt than you'll ever drink
Great suggestion Sac!! You sound like one of the ever so helpful people in the water office. But guess what? The emer mgmt message didn't go out until two days after the last boil water advisory started. Now that's ridiculous. Also you may not mind drinking dirt and brushing your teeth with dirt or showering in dirt but I do.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 26, 2013
hey everyone has to eat a pound of dirt before we die, get use to it
Anonymous

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 27, 2013
It really happens too often.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronceverte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boswell-Vanderpool 15 min somebody 5
chemtrails (Jan '14) 3 hr The Dude 37
black chevy truck 6 hr Tiffany 4
$10,000 reward for info on missing Greenbrier C... 7 hr Concerned Citizen 1
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 hr Dalai Lama 58,912
lynol tincher 9 hr mee 2
Lake Lewisburg 9 hr Scam artists 17

Ronceverte Jobs

Ronceverte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ronceverte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ronceverte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]