“A horse equals freedom”

Since: Jan 07

welch

#1 Jan 22, 2007
Does anyone remember when he worked on the Roncerverte Police force and if so, why he was dimissed?
tuscany

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#2 Feb 1, 2007
well i live in ronceverte and we've had so many police officers come and go hes probably just like most a bad cop. i have never seen any place on earth where all you need is a hs dip or ged and your handed a gun with no training whats so ever i keep saying things need to change or something bad will happen

“A horse equals freedom”

Since: Jan 07

welch

#3 Feb 1, 2007
hmmmm they deleted all the posts prior to mine. hmmmm.

“Ronceverte,WV”

Since: Feb 07

Ronceverte,WV

#4 Feb 4, 2007
why were there more i only seen this 1
i know

United States

#5 Oct 23, 2007
he's in welch...mcdowell county
Buford_T_Justice

Hartsville, SC

#6 Nov 8, 2007
Does McKinney really have a bunch of trash in his yard? Where does he live? I gotta see this place.
Mr_H

Bluefield, WV

#7 Nov 29, 2007
he lived in wyoming county but lives outside of Keystone in McDowell he got several crusiers parked in his drive no trash there
Clean

Humble, TX

#8 Oct 3, 2008
Actually tuscany.....check your facts...ALL Law Enforcement officers in the State of West Virginia are required to attend the West Virginia State Police academy in Institute, West Virginia....some officers work a short time before they are able to attend the academy however, there are time limits on how long that can be....so they are required to have more than a High School education as training, know the facts before you decide to act as though you know everything.

Since: Oct 08

Lerona, WV

#9 Dec 11, 2008
He also works for Keystone Police...He did at one time work for Ronceverte PD in the mid 90's.I don't think he was dismissed, he was named "acting Chief of Police",then later named Chief of Police, when the then Chief, Bill Rose was demoted under the then city commissioners, after a legal battle in circuit court, the previous Chief of Police, Bill Rose was reinstated back to Chief of Police. Then they had two(2) Chiefs of Police...If memory serves me correctly, Pat resigned in mid to late 1995.

Since: Oct 08

Lerona, WV

#10 Dec 11, 2008
tuscany wrote:
well i live in ronceverte and we've had so many police officers come and go hes probably just like most a bad cop. i have never seen any place on earth where all you need is a hs dip or ged and your handed a gun with no training whats so ever i keep saying things need to change or something bad will happen
You can go to the west virginia state police site, and view the academy requirements! After your hire date, you must make application to the academy within 90 days, after taking the required physical,hearing,vision tests,criminal history check through the FBI and passing the physical agility test,and when a date and slot is opened up, then you are sent a letter to report on that date for 15-16 weeks of training, that is through the LETC for the state.LETC stands for Law Enforcement Training Committee,who sets the requirements and standards for certified l/e officers for the state.Upon completetion of the academy, you are a state certified l/e officer, which our cert. is good in many states for a lateral transfer if they desire! Unfortunately, small communities have to work "uncertified officers" until they complete the academy..sometimes they have no choice, b/c they are required to provide municipal services to the town or city per code. Just FYI!
Just Wondering

United States

#11 Dec 11, 2008
That would require alot of dedication to the job.
I for one would like to say Thank You, to the officers, for making this little piece of earth a safe place to work and raise my family.
Agreeable

Lewisburg, WV

#12 Dec 11, 2008
AMEN
supporter

United States

#13 Mar 23, 2009
I agree with the fact that we should and need to say thak you to all the police officers in greenbrier county. They work very hard to keep this county from becoming a shit hole like other places in this state and other states. Great job to all Police officers and keep up the good work that you do for the poeple of greenbrier county!!
confused

Thurmond, WV

#14 Mar 23, 2009
supporter wrote:
I agree with the fact that we should and need to say thak you to all the police officers in greenbrier county. They work very hard to keep this county from becoming a shit hole like other places in this state and other states. Great job to all Police officers and keep up the good work that you do for the poeple of greenbrier county!!
agree totally.
happy1

United States

#15 Mar 23, 2009
R Honaker you are right about what you said in your post's. And agreeable, supporter and confused are all in agreement with me.
Thank you to all policemen (and women) who serve and protect.
take a notice

United States

#16 Dec 6, 2009
actually i know he worked for lewisburg and what a laugh he was accused of messing with young girls is that a surprise to anyone for real isnt that what cops are for i know it isnt 2 protect and serve
McGyver

Cyclone, WV

#17 Jan 15, 2015
No surprise

Oakvale, WV

#18 Jan 16, 2015
McGyver wrote:
Just imagine if you weren't a law enforcement officer what the fines and jail time would be and any idiot out there knows this is just one of many illegal practices this guy has done while supposedly upholding the laws. And when he gets off with a slap on the wrist after only being caught up in doing one of many illegal things it's very understandable why the public gets so outraged with law enforcement and the courts and the shady people who work in them and get away with being scumbags and doing shady things. Could you even imagine what it'd be like to be stalked by a man with a gun? Now add a badge to it and the gull to do something like that in front of a child. Yeah now give em a slap on the hand and wonder why that child is going to grow up fearing officers instead of knowing they are there to help and fearing the people who work the system cause they help guys like him get away with stunts like that. If I was in law enforcement, I wouldn't even want this guy as a partner nor a team member.
Dean

United States

#19 Dec 25, 2015
RHonaker29 wrote:
He also works for Keystone Police...He did at one time work for Ronceverte PD in the mid 90's.I don't think he was dismissed, he was named "acting Chief of Police",then later named Chief of Police, when the then Chief, Bill Rose was demoted under the then city commissioners, after a legal battle in circuit court, the previous Chief of Police, Bill Rose was reinstated back to Chief of Police. Then they had two(2) Chiefs of Police...If memory serves me correctly, Pat resigned in mid to late 1995.
Pat also worked for the Greenbrier County Sheriff's Department that is why he left the Roncevete Police Department
Curious

United States

#20 Aug 27, 2017
RHonaker29 wrote:
<quoted text>

You can go to the west virginia state police site, and view the academy requirements! After your hire date, you must make application to the academy within 90 days, after taking the required physical,hearing,vision tests,criminal history check through the FBI and passing the physical agility test,and when a date and slot is opened up, then you are sent a letter to report on that date for 15-16 weeks of training, that is through the LETC for the state.LETC stands for Law Enforcement Training Committee,who sets the requirements and standards for certified l/e officers for the state.Upon completetion of the academy, you are a state certified l/e officer, which our cert. is good in many states for a lateral transfer if they desire! Unfortunately, small communities have to work "uncertified officers" until they complete the academy..sometimes they have no choice, b/c they are required to provide municipal services to the town or city per code. Just FYI!
. Has McKinney Patrick underwent the wv law enforcement review process where he was found guilty on greenbrier county also it is against the law to run for political office while in a law enforcement capacity. Anything on this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronceverte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remarried again smh 54 min Samantha Barnett 4
Free FIFA 18 coins 3 hr qiji 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Alright Already 4,269
I'm a RUSSIAN ! the Russians never colluded wit... 5 hr Sergio Kirskoph 1
Topix Trolls 2 Cents add up to nothing but Non ... 5 hr Sergio Kirskoph 10
Jimmy Starrett (Mar '17) 5 hr Thoughts 13
92 shootings October 7th 2017 6 hr Waiting In The Sh... 13

Ronceverte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance