Catholics won't back initiative sayin...

Catholics won't back initiative saying life begins at conception

There are 33 comments on the Great Falls Tribune story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Catholics won't back initiative saying life begins at conception. In it, Great Falls Tribune reports that:

“Since it affects such a wide range of laws with very little definition, I just don't think it would ever stand up (in court).”

HELENA - Supporters of an anti-abortion ballot initiative that would establish conception as the beginning of life won't receive campaign help from the Catholic Church in Montana. via Great Falls Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Great Falls Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#21 Apr 8, 2008
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Mary, that is very helpful. You are right we do need to pray for our Church.
absolutely, and our priest are human, and the devil would like nothing more than scatter the sheep, by taking out the shepherd.
Ocean56

AOL

#22 Apr 9, 2008
Minnesota Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle and Kate, remember that Judas was one of the Twelve. Today we can expect that we will have Judases amongst our clergy, and we can also expect to have cowards amongst our clergy too. The Church is divine as she was instituted by Jesus Christ, but her membership is human, and wherever you have humans, you have corruption to varying degrees. Pray for the Church. When Jesus told Peter that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church, He made a promise. And Jesus always keeps His promises.
Dominus vobiscum. Mary
I'll just keep hoping that this monument to cruelty, oppression, bigotry and homophobia will eventually be forced to close its doors due to bankruptcy. That is exactly what it deserves.

S.I.N.= Self Inflicted NONSENSE

“Saw 'em April 15th 1977”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#23 Apr 9, 2008
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll just keep hoping that this monument to cruelty, oppression, bigotry and homophobia will eventually be forced to close its doors due to bankruptcy. That is exactly what it deserves.
S.I.N.= Self Inflicted NONSENSE
Indeed. Well said.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#24 Apr 9, 2008
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Mary, that is very helpful. You are right we do need to pray for our Church.
Don't forget to pray for the children raped by your church's priests, who were protected by your church's pimps.

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#25 Apr 9, 2008
They aren't backing the bill because it is meaningless. It establishes nothing, won't stop a single abortion, and if they try to apply it to abortion it will be overturned so fast the legislators won't know what hit them.

People are already makign noise about ending tax-exempt status of churches that violate the tax codes concerning political activity; I doubt the RCC wants this used as an example of their influence.
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>I really do not understand it either. They need to back their beliefs. They just make Catholics look like half-wits with this.
Kate

Toronto, Canada

#26 Apr 9, 2008
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to pray for the children raped by your church's priests, who were protected by your church's pimps.
ok PBFA, will do.(pss't thanks for the tip)

“"Education costs money, but ”

Since: Feb 08

then so does ignorance."

#27 Apr 9, 2008
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
dont bother pbfa...kate just doesnt get it. sad lil turd she is.
Kate

Toronto, Canada

#28 Apr 9, 2008
polgara wrote:
<quoted text>
dont bother pbfa...kate just doesnt get it. sad lil turd she is.
demonic little freak you are

CCS

“How do we make peace?”

Since: Mar 08

Hanover Park, IL

#29 Apr 9, 2008
The church is trying to defend life, period. Drawing a line somewhere will diminish that argument. That will open the door for the morning after pill and other items used to prevent conception.

And before we start blasting the faults of the Catholic church, we should take a look at our own faults as well.

Anyone without sin in here?(No, Ocean56. You are not either. So don't try it...)

“"Education costs money, but ”

Since: Feb 08

then so does ignorance."

#30 Apr 9, 2008
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>demonic little freak you are
there are no demons lil girl. fictional stories from your coloring book.
Kate

Toronto, Canada

#31 Apr 9, 2008
polgara wrote:
<quoted text>
there are no demons lil girl. fictional stories from your coloring book.
more like from your satanic bible

Cpetr13

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#32 Apr 10, 2008
As an atheist, I have no sins.
CCS wrote:
The church is trying to defend life, period. Drawing a line somewhere will diminish that argument. That will open the door for the morning after pill and other items used to prevent conception.
And before we start blasting the faults of the Catholic church, we should take a look at our own faults as well.
Anyone without sin in here?(No, Ocean56. You are not either. So don't try it...)

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#33 Apr 10, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
What you conveniently forget to mention is that women die in childbirth.
And at a much higher rate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Montana (D... (Oct '10) May '17 Amazenblue 77
News STD numbers continue to climb on the Rez (Mar '14) Apr '15 healthr 2
church convention at Ronan MT..Corcoran farm (Mar '15) Mar '15 chevess 1
News Tribal Health seeking naming suggestions for th... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Nancy Clark 1
Review: White's Wholesale Meats (Jun '14) Jun '14 ELYG 1
Cyrus Glastetter (Aug '13) Aug '13 Jackson Missouri 1
Looking for old friend from polson (Jun '13) Jun '13 cobra13 1

Ronan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ronan Mortgages