Catholics won't back initiative saying life begins at conception

Mar 4, 2008 Full story: Great Falls Tribune 33

“Since it affects such a wide range of laws with very little definition, I just don't think it would ever stand up (in court).”

HELENA - Supporters of an anti-abortion ballot initiative that would establish conception as the beginning of life won't receive campaign help from the Catholic Church in Montana. via Great Falls Tribune

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kaylorie

Thompson Falls, MT

#1 Apr 6, 2008
Allyson Hagen, Executive Director of Montana NARAL Pro-Choice organization said, "We see this as a good sign that more and more organizations are realizing how bad this amendment is for women's health and medical privacy."

Hagen's statement is a fallacy. There are serious to severe medical disadvantages and risks involved in any abortion. You can die on the table. It's been reported in some parts of the country the abortion clinic staff won't even call 911.

A woman can end up wearing a colostomy bag (Sack for collecting excrement) on her hip for the rest of her life.

A woman can also not carry a baby in later years, if the process of rapidly, manually opening the cervix is used. Usually the hormonal change eases it open slowly.

The cervix is a muscle, but cannot be strengthened through exercise. It can become too weak to hold the baby in, and miscarriages result.

The founder of Planned Parenthood had the goal of reducing the African American population through abortions. Make sure you don't let them also use it to rid themselves of Native Americans.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 6, 2008
Well if the Catholic Church says life begins at conception, then why won't it back this amendment?? I really don't get it.
Dewhickey

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Apr 6, 2008
Kaylorie wrote:
Allyson Hagen, Executive Director of Montana NARAL Pro-Choice organization said, "We see this as a good sign that more and more organizations are realizing how bad this amendment is for women's health and medical privacy."
Hagen's statement is a fallacy. There are serious to severe medical disadvantages and risks involved in any abortion. You can die on the table. It's been reported in some parts of the country the abortion clinic staff won't even call 911.
A woman can end up wearing a colostomy bag (Sack for collecting excrement) on her hip for the rest of her life.
A woman can also not carry a baby in later years, if the process of rapidly, manually opening the cervix is used. Usually the hormonal change eases it open slowly.
The cervix is a muscle, but cannot be strengthened through exercise. It can become too weak to hold the baby in, and miscarriages result.
The founder of Planned Parenthood had the goal of reducing the African American population through abortions. Make sure you don't let them also use it to rid themselves of Native Americans.
Prove these statements are true. Post a link to an unbiased source.
Dewhickey

Gaithersburg, MD

#4 Apr 6, 2008
What you conveniently forget to mention is that women die in childbirth.

“we do sarcasm and irony here”

Since: Aug 07

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Apr 6, 2008
This is the part I liked.

"Martin disagrees. He said the measure was carefully crafted with the help of the Thomas More Law Center, a Christian-based public interest law firm."

You just know that the Bill is a winner. Nothing says lame like TMLC.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#6 Apr 6, 2008
Dewhickey wrote:
What you conveniently forget to mention is that women die in childbirth.
IIRC, more often than due to abortion.::sigh:: They just repeat the same lies over & over & over...

“Saw 'em April 15th 1977”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Apr 6, 2008
pbfa wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, more often than due to abortion.::sigh:: They just repeat the same lies over & over & over...
Hitler did the same thing. Amazing who the fundies want to be like, isn't it?

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 Apr 6, 2008
Kaylorie wrote:
Reference please?
Kate

Tilbury, Canada

#9 Apr 6, 2008
MichelleMC wrote:
Well if the Catholic Church says life begins at conception, then why won't it back this amendment?? I really don't get it.
MichelleMc
This is precisely why others hate us Catholics. Like, how can we wrap our brain around this?
It's like they are talking out both sides of their mouth. I wonder if they still have collections at Mass though?(in that certain area that won't back it)
Oh, this is maddening.

“"Education costs money, but ”

Since: Feb 08

then so does ignorance."

#10 Apr 6, 2008
your a dreamer C Hamilton :) like this nutbag is gonna have a source other then a "Pro-choice" site.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#11 Apr 6, 2008
Well, it's one reason, I suppose...

Maybe after Frank "pimp in a dress" Pavone's old outfit & various other churches have gotten dinged by the IRS for political activity, the RCC there may have simply placed following the law & keeping its freeloading tax exemption going mattered above this silly amendment.
DC law dog

Mclean, VA

#12 Apr 7, 2008
<<Hagen's statement is a fallacy. There are serious to severe medical disadvantages and risks involved in any abortion.>>

there are more women who die from childbirth, goober..

<<You can die on the table.>>

You can die more easily from giving birth...

<<It's been reported in some parts of the country the abortion clinic staff won't even call 911.>>

proof???

<<A woman can end up wearing a colostomy bag (Sack for collecting excrement) on her hip for the rest of her life.>>

My grandmother had that when she had a perforated hernia of the large bowel.. it was not related to any abortions...

<<A woman can also not carry a baby in later years, if the process of rapidly, manually opening the cervix is used. Usually the hormonal change eases it open slowly.>>

proof..

<<The cervix is a muscle, but cannot be strengthened through exercise. It can become too weak to hold the baby in, and miscarriages result.>>

NO medical proof of this whatsoever...

<<<The founder of Planned Parenthood had the goal of reducing the African American population through abortions.>>

No they didn't.. doesn't your jesus say something about not bearing false witness???

<<Make sure you don't let them also use it to rid themselves of Native Americans.>>

ROFLMFAOPIMPMOY&YJ!

it was crummy christian hypocrites who led the slaughter of the native people.. some of your crappy ancestors are probably responsible for the butchery of my grandfather's people...

“Reality is better than truth”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#13 Apr 7, 2008
1) No medical procedure is absolutely safe, but time and time again, clinical abortions have been proven to be safer than pregnancies or births.
2) "It's been reported" that women are abducted by UFO's and have little alien babies. Jut because something is "reported" doesn't mean it happened. Proof?
3) I have found exactly ONE case of an abrtion patient needing a colostomy, and that was due to a bizarre set of circumstances.
4) Most women who have abortions can and do carry pregnancies to term later on. Part of the problem with this point is that there is no proof that, had they not had the abortion, they would have been able to carry that pregnancy to term either.
5) PP isn't being run by Margaret Sanger anymore; she died decades ago. How could they exterminate any group, since they only deal with people who seek out their services? And which native americans are being dragged into PP's to be forced to have abortions? One would think any such occurrence might have been picked up on by the media.
Kaylorie wrote:

“Reality is better than truth”

Indianapolis

#14 Apr 7, 2008
"This initiative creates no laws, it legislates nothing, it outlaws nothing," Martin said."

I imagine the church would prefer to give its resources to something that would have real meaning. Everybody knows where it stands on abortion; this legislation will do nothing and establish nothing; the second they try to base any legislation on it, the SCOTUS will toss it aside like a used diaper.
MichelleMC wrote:

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#15 Apr 7, 2008
MichelleMC wrote:
Because they know it won't make any difference. Because no one has the right to life if it means forcing someone else to use their body for life support. No one.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#16 Apr 7, 2008
Ah, that should have read, no one has the right to life if it means forcing someone else to use their body for that other's life support.

“Jesus, my Lord and my God.”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#17 Apr 8, 2008
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>MichelleMc
This is precisely why others hate us Catholics. Like, how can we wrap our brain around this?
It's like they are talking out both sides of their mouth. I wonder if they still have collections at Mass though?(in that certain area that won't back it)
Oh, this is maddening.
Kate, I still don't get why the Church won't back the amendment.
Kate

Tilbury, Canada

#18 Apr 8, 2008
MichelleMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Kate, I still don't get why the Church won't back the amendment.
I really do not understand it either. They need to back their beliefs. They just make Catholics look like half-wits with this.
Minnesota Mary

Mankato, MN

#19 Apr 8, 2008
Kate wrote:
<quoted text>I really do not understand it either. They need to back their beliefs. They just make Catholics look like half-wits with this.
Michelle and Kate, remember that Judas was one of the Twelve. Today we can expect that we will have Judases amongst our clergy, and we can also expect to have cowards amongst our clergy too. The Church is divine as she was instituted by Jesus Christ, but her membership is human, and wherever you have humans, you have corruption to varying degrees. Pray for the Church. When Jesus told Peter that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church, He made a promise. And Jesus always keeps His promises.

Dominus vobiscum. Mary
Kate

Tilbury, Canada

#20 Apr 8, 2008
Minnesota Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle and Kate, remember that Judas was one of the Twelve. Today we can expect that we will have Judases amongst our clergy, and we can also expect to have cowards amongst our clergy too. The Church is divine as she was instituted by Jesus Christ, but her membership is human, and wherever you have humans, you have corruption to varying degrees. Pray for the Church. When Jesus told Peter that the gates of Hell would not prevail against His Church, He made a promise. And Jesus always keeps His promises.
Dominus vobiscum. Mary
Thank you Mary, that is very helpful. You are right we do need to pray for our Church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ronan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public lands sale comment deadline extended (Apr '06) Dec 3 soo harny 3
Tribal Health seeking naming suggestions for th... Jun '14 Nancy Clark 1
Review: White's Wholesale Meats (Jun '14) Jun '14 ELYG 1
STD numbers continue to climb on the Rez (Mar '14) Mar '14 SeanGatlin 1
New Brewery Sets Sights on Downtown Libby (Jan '14) Feb '14 truth seeker 4
locating old friend (Jan '14) Jan '14 cobra13 2
CSKT Flathead Transit partners with Montana DOT... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Darrel Armstrong 1

Winter Storm Watch for Lake County was issued at December 26 at 1:53PM MST

Ronan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ronan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ronan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ronan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST