Mongo putting out fake newspaper full of lies!

Posted in the Romeoville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Breaking News

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Mongo is losing in the polls so now he is paying people to put out a fake newspaper full of lies! Nice Mongo. Some tough guy playing the victim. You are a sad sad big man. Go away with your negative campaigning.
voteapril

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Online mewspaperr? Post a link..i wanna laugh.....
Breaking News

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

voteapril wrote:
Online mewspaperr? Post a link..i wanna laugh.....
No he hired some out of town group to put them on people's doors. Very sad.
Vote for Mongo

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

No he didn't. Another lie. Really a fake newspaper? No one would be that stupid.
whattheheck

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Vote for Mongo wrote:
No he didn't. Another lie. Really a fake newspaper? No one would be that stupid.
yes he is involved with mr gabriel now
No-showMongo

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I am going to assume Mr. Gabriel is referring to John Gabriel, the guy who use to run the Romeoville Register (the paper that flopped after he went after St. Andrews)?

Oh, yeah. A real winner, that one.
rick buscemi

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Anyone know how many registered voters in Romeoville ?
whattheheck

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

No-showMongo wrote:
I am going to assume Mr. Gabriel is referring to John Gabriel, the guy who use to run the Romeoville Register (the paper that flopped after he went after St. Andrews)?
Oh, yeah. A real winner, that one.
thhat would be be him
truth finder

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Yup found one on my door. It is a campaign paper. Is what he wrote about griffin true? If not that's liable.
rick buscemi

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

truth finder wrote:
Yup found one on my door. It is a campaign paper. Is what he wrote about griffin true? If not that's liable.
The trouble with people who don't research much of anything is that in elections things are said that distort the truth but , it's difficult to do much legally ( slander ) because it isn't written.....harder to fight and easy to defend. But, something that is written ( libel ) opens up many issues as to lawsuits. This type of issue is easily fought and harder to defend. I would think that at least some of what was is my garbage wrap delivered tonight was in fact lies.....not even a stretch of real events. I hope whoever is behind this besides McMichael gets a call from an attorney.... remember whoever wants to file a lawsuit needs only to go after one person behind this trash. You don't have to go after McMichael you can ( my opinion should ) go after the lowest person associated with this issue....best chance of winning . As the people of Romeoville are seeing what is unfolding now before election....what is it we have to look forward if McMichaels wins election. Do us all a favor ; vote Noak for Mayor.
IHK MOM

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Mango was at the roller rink this evening for the IHK school event. He spoke briefly and solidified my vote for Mayor Noak. I was not impressed by him at all. He is not a good speaker which may explain why he hasn't participated in a debate with Mr Noak. But more than that he was just another typical trying to be something he is not. Not impressed Mr McMichael, not at all!
agree with ihk mom

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

IHK MOM wrote:
Mango was at the roller rink this evening for the IHK school event. He spoke briefly and solidified my vote for Mayor Noak. I was not impressed by him at all. He is not a good speaker which may explain why he hasn't participated in a debate with Mr Noak. But more than that he was just another typical trying to be something he is not. Not impressed Mr McMichael, not at all!
I was there too. He was not a good speaker at all. I couldn't understand half of what he said. It sounded like he was talking with something in his mouth.
rick buscemi

Watertown, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Just got a chance to read entire news letter dropped off at my home today. Man , this guy has got to be running scared if he thinks people will believe what is in it. A couple of things....I need to take your word that you know the Mayor will approve the expansion of the quarry......what did you go to fortune telling school ? Next , you talk grocery store....the Jewel that was there closed because they had a better opportunity to make more money on Weber Road.....they could have built a big store there , if they thought it would be profitable. Sorry to say , the money was to go Weber Road. Another Independent store moved in shortly after Jewel closed ( oh ya you don't know that because you didn't live here until last year.....and don't you live off of Weber Road ?) stayed a while , I think less than a year , but they too closed. Why because they needed to invest a significant amount of money to upgrade their business because it was not making any money as it was an old building that had out lived its usefulness. A grocery store , even a small 30,000 to 40,000 sf would require about 3 million dollars minimum to get up and running. No Chain Store will ever go back to that location without something to draw people to the area. Simply put....a grocery store other than a 7/11 or maybe Aldi's will not survive with just local downtown people shopping it. A good Independent like Berkot's ( one in Lockport and they own 10 or 11 others) would make great sense but they too would be investing millions and without something to bring people to area.....they wouldn't even attempt it. Change takes time and the "downtown" area is beginning to come together.....Vote for Noak and keep Romeoville moving forward !
me

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

About the water?
he man

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

You guys are mad because mongo has a shot at this, you can't stand something new in this hick village. Scared of change!
Barn Dance Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Everyone talks as if they know why grocery store won't build downtown. I along with everyone else have their suspicions but perhaps someone should get Sterks take on why it doesn't work. They made an attempt after Jewel left. Was it the building? Was it location? Was it foot traffic?
Horse

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Jewel left because the POS that owned the building would not upgrade the roof and the electrical. Jewel tried to work with the owner. Then, Jewel had an offer to build (a new building) on Weber. What would you have done? Second. Sterks. Same issues. After Sterks remodeled the inside it looked great. Then the rain came. The roof leaked again. Again, the POS owner would not replace the roof as it needed to be. Then the electrical blow and Sterk had a whole row of freezer go out and lost $1000ís of dollars in food. So they moved out. Again the owner would not work with the tenants to do the upgrades they needed to be done. The village fought many years to get the owner to improve the building but he would not. So, they bought it. Great job Romeoville for stepping in to begin the renovations that need to be down to get the Downtown area going.
villagelifer

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

So,I am just going to throw this out there for the hell of it. When Mongo loses this Mayoral vote, what town will he move to next and stir up a political attempt? and will his dumb ass followers move with him to support his stupidity!!!
Since they do not approve of our GREAT MAYOR NOAK's work and all that he has town for the Ville.

Tuesday cant get here soon enough, so we can move on without Mongo.
resident

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

villagelifer wrote:
So,I am just going to throw this out there for the hell of it. When Mongo loses this Mayoral vote, what town will he move to next and stir up a political attempt? and will his dumb ass followers move with him to support his stupidity!!!
Since they do not approve of our GREAT MAYOR NOAK's work and all that he has town for the Ville.
Tuesday cant get here soon enough, so we can move on without Mongo.
he is going to run for secretary of state
rick buscemi

Romeoville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

he man wrote:
You guys are mad because mongo has a shot at this, you can't stand something new in this hick village. Scared of change!
You really think , especially after that " newspaper " , he has a chance ? He makes himself look like Roosevelt and has the "new deal". All info in that paper is misleading. It's all the same lies that have been going around on these discussions. A report on Community Center which was an original draft that used different criteria and was apparently stolen from village hall. The issue with Griffen.....he did file a proper complaint , but as is with many filings, it came to a point of spending a large amount of money to move it forward...Griffen's money , not Romeoville's money , so he dropped it.....the campaign issue , to me , was a stretch.....but this is America and he did what he thought he thought he had to do.The quarry expansion is purely McMichaels guess and the way he states issue it appears he is " underestimating the intelligence of the Romeoville residents.....what ? And of course ego , again , comes into play with....of course he was recognized and had to sign autographs.....that's all this race is to McMichael staying in limelight.....just had to get in a little ego boost since you were spending so much on this "newspaper". People of Romeoville , use that paper as I did.....to wrap garbage. Vote Noak for Mayor.

That water issue came up in prior board meetings.....Romeoville has some customers on this line and are banding together

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Romeoville Forum right now

Search the Romeoville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 3 min help 4,257
Should we give 100 million dollars for an Obama... 10 min why not 3
Lockport council delays decision on police dog 13 min Culver 58
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 47,056
2014 Triple Play....Who's it going to be this y... 1 hr Triple Play Lover 87
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Thu jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
•••
•••
•••
•••

Romeoville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Romeoville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance