lrt

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Any one see one sinceTuesday? Whats up? Romeoville usually does a decent enough job.
Terrible service

Romeoville, IL

#2 Jan 5, 2014
I agree! They are terrible, I don't know what happened with Romeoville Public Works. They haven't been to my subdivision yet, come on already. I don't want to hear accuses either, because there are none!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 5, 2014
What's not to accuse?
Professor Dickhead

Downers Grove, IL

#4 Jan 5, 2014
Al Gore said too much emission from those plows, we must wait for global warming to melt the snow.
Terrible service

Romeoville, IL

#5 Jan 5, 2014
Excuses, but I am sure you got the point!!
lrt

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2014
Does anyone know why? Budget? Taking up slack of Will county workers strike... if theyre on strike still. There must be a reason. Overtime arguements?
scale buster

Romeoville, IL

#7 Jan 5, 2014
lrt wrote:
Does anyone know why? Budget? Taking up slack of Will county workers strike... if theyre on strike still. There must be a reason. Overtime arguements?


How about your an idiot. They are doing a great job as usual. Maybe your just a disgruntled former employee with a gripe. Way better than most communities around us. Or maybe you don't understand the concept of a prolonged winter storm event? Mandatory off shifts per federal regulations. Or maybe your just another Topic troll? No matter which one it is you are still an idiot.
scale buster

Romeoville, IL

#8 Jan 5, 2014
Terrible service wrote:
I agree! They are terrible, I don't know what happened with Romeoville Public Works. They haven't been to my subdivision yet, come on already. I don't want to hear accuses either, because there are none!
Probably another idiot on a residential side street that thinks they should be first. Sorry there isn't concierge plowing service nut bag. Nothing has changed but the length, severity and timing of the worst weather in OH 20YRS!
lrt

United States

#9 Jan 6, 2014
scale buster wrote:
<quoted text>
How about your an idiot. They are doing a great job as usual. Maybe your just a disgruntled former employee with a gripe. Way better than most communities around us. Or maybe you don't understand the concept of a prolonged winter storm event? Mandatory off shifts per federal regulations. Or maybe your just another Topic troll? No matter which one it is you are still an idiot.


Thank you for your inciteful input. You, sir, and your ilk, are the main reason this site is left to the antisocial rejects. I did not disparage the workers or the city, I merely commented then asked, rather reasonably, for explaination. You, on the other hand, displayed the ranting style ofthe typical intellectial abilities of what is described as a troll on the internet. Or an azzhole in the real world.
Resident

Bolingbrook, IL

#10 Jan 8, 2014
I have to agree with Irt and Terrible Service. Sounds like we hit a nerve with you scale buster. The Romeoville roads use to be better than anyone around here (Lockport, Bolingbrook, Lemont, Crest Hill and so forth). Our roads were better than the state. You can't say that ANYMORE! Who dropped the ball. We all realize the storm was a terrible one however your criticism isn't needed!!!
Why Whine

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Jan 8, 2014
Main arterials are kept open the further you live from one the later you get plowed. You live in a cul du sac you get it even later. Its simple math equation of time and equipment. It takes much more time to do the side streets and is less important than keeping main roads open. Let the snow stop stay home for awhile and let the plows guys do their thing. Plus they could not put down a salt mix because of the severe temperatures. Solution BUY a four wheel drive and not worry about it unless we get like 20 inches
lrt

United States

#12 Jan 10, 2014
Why Whine wrote:
Main arterials are kept open the further you live from one the later you get plowed. You live in a cul du sac you get it even later. Its simple math equation of time and equipment. It takes much more time to do the side streets and is less important than keeping main roads open. Let the snow stop stay home for awhile and let the plows guys do their thing. Plus they could not put down a salt mix because of the severe temperatures. Solution BUY a four wheel drive and not worry about it unless we get like 20 inches
Thank you. It makes sense when properly explained. I understood the amount and frequency of the snowfall but not the problem of temperature vs salt. And for the criticizers, I deal with winter roads like everyone else. Stay home or buckle up and get where I need to go. No whinning involved.
Snow Plows

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 20, 2014
I have been thinking about getting a snow plow for this upcoming winter. I live in Utah and we get a lot of snow! It would be super convenient and make winters more enjoyable.
Holly James | http://www.vitalpartsinc.net/
Locksmith

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 20, 2014
I got locked out of my car a couple weeks ago in the middle of the night! I was able to call a locksmith to come help me! I now have a spare key with me at all times! What other services are offered by locksmiths?
Holly James | http://www.burnsidelocksmiths.com.au/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alternates 8 min Appalled 6
Proud of Steve Ballich 14 min Just DO it 89
Firemen are overpaid (Mar '11) 19 min Try2Comprehend 340
How low can Donald go 30 min Commando 20
AHCA Post 1 hr Mr Ripley 5
Spending your tax dollars 3 hr Floridaze 12
Drew Peterson What Did He Do With Stacy? (Feb '15) 4 hr Ray 51

Romeoville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Romeoville Mortgages