Irene King Elementary School

Irene King Elementary School

Posted in the Romeoville Forum

King Parent

Plainfield, IL

#1 Mar 9, 2010
Can I just give kudos to the staff and administration at Irene King? That school has done a complete 180 since last year. It is such a friendly place to visit, the staff is hard working, and the administration is wonderful!
mysty

Lombard, IL

#2 Mar 9, 2010
King Parent wrote:
Can I just give kudos to the staff and administration at Irene King? That school has done a complete 180 since last year. It is such a friendly place to visit, the staff is hard working, and the administration is wonderful!
Thank you soooo much... I am an IHK staffer!=)
RVMOM

United States

#3 Mar 9, 2010
I do believe the school did do a 360 this year. Even with the budget cuts going on they still have a good steer to the right direction for change!

Since: Oct 09

Romeoville, IL

#4 Mar 10, 2010
Shouldn't they have been doing this in the first place? This is kind of like congratulating a father who hasn't been there for 10 years of the kids life, but shows up recommitted to being a father. Glad you're on the right track, but shouldn't you have been doing this in the first place?
southsidesally

Romeoville, IL

#5 Mar 10, 2010
Cappa wrote:
Shouldn't they have been doing this in the first place? This is kind of like congratulating a father who hasn't been there for 10 years of the kids life, but shows up recommitted to being a father. Glad you're on the right track, but shouldn't you have been doing this in the first place?
I think they are finally working because they are one the state's watch list for a couple of years now. If you're on the list long enough, with no improvements, the state shuts the school down and they lose their jobs. It has happened to many a Chicago Public Schools, although the suburbs are not immune. You are right. They should have been doing this all along. Not impressed.
southsidesally

Romeoville, IL

#6 Mar 10, 2010
oops. Located a typo- 'on the states watch list'.
Parent

Plainfield, IL

#7 Mar 10, 2010
southsidesally wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are finally working because they are one the state's watch list for a couple of years now. If you're on the list long enough, with no improvements, the state shuts the school down and they lose their jobs. It has happened to many a Chicago Public Schools, although the suburbs are not immune. You are right. They should have been doing this all along. Not impressed.
No...they have new administration and that makes all the difference with the tone they set.
RVille Baseball Mom

Ottawa, IL

#8 Mar 11, 2010
I never thought they were that bad to begin with. My daughter had learning problems in some areas and it was caught right away. Her teachers were willing to help and now she's at AVM and on the honor roll. Teachers do the best they can with what the district gives them to work with. They deserve "kudos" more often than they get. Everyone wants to blame the schools and the teachers, but parents are also to blame. Parents these days don't want to take the time to help their children at home. Remember parents these are YOUR children. It aggravates me to hear bashing going around when I don't see many parents getting involved. I'm a coach in Romeoville and I've really taken notice that parents are registering their children for sports but not volunteering "FOR ANYTHING!!!". Get involved with your children people.
parent

Naperville, IL

#9 Mar 22, 2010
everyone is big on the school anyone ever see what the teachers that make on average 55,000 a yr do on recess they sit in one corner of the lot and talk while kids are not being watched kids running down the hill read the letters the school sends home not to long ago someone tried picking a kid up what not a better time then during recess when teachers are on one side of the lot and kids on the other shouldnt the teachers talk on there own time and watch these kids .spread out and keep an eye on them 3-4 classes at a time out there teachers talking no where near the kids. so when someones kid ends up missing from school come back read this post again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Romeoville Project Receives Illinois Economic D... 1 hr Truth 7
News Joliet Junior College to Hold Groundbreaking Ce... 1 hr Truth 4
reader beware of crazy trolls! 1 hr Truth 3
Car Show at RHS today 1 hr Driving the Ville 3
Noak - Friends with money 1 hr Pocket full of TR... 25
Recall Mayor John Noak NOW! 2 hr Pocket full of TR... 11
Take Back Romeoville from Mad King John 2 hr Pocket full of TR... 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Romeoville Mortgages