Posted in the Romeoville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
about time

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2012
It looks like the little spartans organization is finally on track
after getting some new coaches, it seems that this program really wants to change the way people have been viewing them.
They are actually listening to the parents concerns and not blowing them off.

Do not stop now keep up the good work.

intheknow

Mokena, IL

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Seems like they got rid of the people that were in it for the money, instead of the kids. Keep up the good work!
veryinteresting

Romeoville, IL

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Too bad it took so long. Wish it would have happened when my boy was in the program. He never did want to play football again after that horrible experience. So much money and time wasted. I hope that the kids enjoy it this time around.
Jerry Springer

Romeoville, IL

#4 Sep 4, 2012
intheknow wrote:
Seems like they got rid of the people that were in it for the money, instead of the kids. Keep up the good work!
Money?
intheknow

Mokena, IL

#5 Sep 5, 2012
Jerry Springer wrote:
<quoted text>
Money?
Yes, money that the old cheerleading coach imbezzled.
BS Alert

Romeoville, IL

#6 Sep 6, 2012
intheknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, money that the old cheerleading coach imbezzled.
Nobody has ever embezzled money, I know. Someone attempted to delay payment on an order from a vendor and they were swarmed immediately. This was 10 years ago roughly and that person returned the money and cancelled the order. Its documented in court records if you cared about the truth, but you just continue after all these years to bring this up and are not the least bit interested in the truth. Not sure what axe you've had to grind, but you've ground it for so long, the steel is gone. Focus on the fact that RYFC has given over $15,000.00 in scholarships to h.s. grads who are ryfc alums over the years, focus on the fact that the kids have won 2 super bowls, a conference championship and a couple runners up over recent years, focus on the fact that the flag program has boomed to more kids than tackle and cheer combined bringing total membership to over 350 kids, focus on the fact that ryfc gives its current members awards and recognition for scholastic performance, focus on giving your time to offer programs for kids instead of hanging on to false negativity for 10 plus years, precious time is passing you by and your negativity is giving you wrinkles and putting a few pounds on you. RYFC is able to do all these things while keeping its registration fees one of the lowest in the area. We're not perfect but we try to do a decent job. Geez, put the guns away.
Mike

Bolingbrook, IL

#7 Sep 6, 2012
Not all this again.
laughing.out.lou d

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2012
about time wrote:
It looks like the little spartans organization is finally on track
after getting some new coaches, it seems that this program really wants to change the way people have been viewing them.
They are actually listening to the parents concerns and not blowing them off.

Do not stop now keep up the good work.
Who'd like to place bets on which board member started this thread? Just keepin it real. I'm all for improvements, especially because this is the only youth football program in town; but this organization will never become truly respected, or successful, until 99% of the current board members walk away for good.

If anyone would like details, just ask. I didn't reply because I wanted to rant. It just doesn't seem right to sit back and not point out the obvious. If there's someone reading this who's considering this program for their son, they have a right to be warned. It took 3 yrs to finally walk away and we couldn't be happier now. I hear this same scenario from way too many families. How many kids will they lose before they see, the families aren't the problem.
About Time

Elmhurst, IL

#9 Sep 9, 2012
[QUOTE who="laughing.out.loud "]<quoted text>
Who'd like to place bets on which board member started this thread? Just keepin it real. I'm all for improvements, especially because this is the only youth football program in town; but this organization will never become truly respected, or successful, until 99% of the current board members walk away for good.
If anyone would like details, just ask. I didn't reply because I wanted to rant. It just doesn't seem right to sit back and not point out the obvious. If there's someone reading this who's considering this program for their son, they have a right to be warned. It took 3 yrs to finally walk away and we couldn't be happier now. I hear this same scenario from way too many families. How many kids will they lose before they see, the families aren't the problem.
[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know I started this blog I'am a father that had kids in it years ago and now back in it with another child. i NEVER WAS OR NEVER WILL BE A BOARD MEMBER. Just to clearify before you start something or blame someone.

Also I started this because i seen some good in the program.
So instead of bringing up the past let's help with making this a stonger program for our kids.
AS you can see we need this program to be a good funnel into the high school.
Cause the high school needs all the help they can get.

So instead of bashing STOP and think of how it could get better.
And do not say a new board unless you are willing to step up and be a board member.
I do not see anyone knocking down the door to do this grueling time consuming job.
Thank You board members for stepping up and putting your butts in the fireing line.
BS Alert

Romeoville, IL

#10 Sep 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="laughing.out.loud "]<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

We always have turnover, there are always some families who aren't happy. That applies to EVERY organization out there. We have kids from surrounding towns that don't like their programs and love ours and vice versa. Bottom line is we continue to fill our football rosters and have as many kids as we've ever had. I can also tell you this, we are half way through the season and there have not been any major problems, guess the people that left the program were the right ones. No noticeable gossipping and general negative buzz or conspiracy theories. I think things are going good, never perfect, but good. Thanks to all the families in RYFC this year that have helped make this happen. The only negative crap seems to come from people who were in the program many years ago. Good thing you're gone.
good job

United States

#11 Sep 15, 2012
I would like to say that the varsity cheerleading coach is a great addition
she seems to like coaching.
and seems very good at it.
And if I m not mistaken she has no kids in the program.
What a great find
Roll Tide

Romeoville, IL

#12 Sep 16, 2012
good job wrote:
I would like to say that the varsity cheerleading coach is a great addition
she seems to like coaching.
and seems very good at it.
And if I m not mistaken she has no kids in the program.
What a great find
She has also volunteered for RYFC in the past with equally great results. She is exactly what the cheerleading program needed and we hope she can commit to be around for a long time. She is very knowledgable, respected and credible and we wish she would run the entire cheer program. She is currently being lobbied to play a bigger role. Please encourage her.
Same ol same ol

Romeoville, IL

#13 Oct 7, 2012
Why keep a super light coach that acts like a complete idiot? Yelling and gesturing at opposing coaches during a player injury. Not to mention an assistant coach on super lights gets ejected? One team of cheerleaders not there for breast cancer awareness day?

Wow the future looks bright for Spartan football...
About Time

Downers Grove, IL

#14 Oct 10, 2012
Same ol same ol wrote:
Why keep a super light coach that acts like a complete idiot? Yelling and gesturing at opposing coaches during a player injury. Not to mention an assistant coach on super lights gets ejected? One team of cheerleaders not there for breast cancer awareness day?
Wow the future looks bright for Spartan football...
What team was not there for the game?
If you say JV, Then you need to know that the JV and Varsity are a split squad
and they cheer Jv games away and Varsity at home.
observation

Romeoville, IL

#15 Oct 12, 2012
Roll Tide wrote:
<quoted text>
She has also volunteered for RYFC in the past with equally great results. She is exactly what the cheerleading program needed and we hope she can commit to be around for a long time. She is very knowledgable, respected and credible and we wish she would run the entire cheer program. She is currently being lobbied to play a bigger role. Please encourage her.
LOL! This is the coach who sits on her butt during every game while munching on snacks! Just because I don't have a cheerleader in the program doesn't mean I can't see what's going on from the stands. Our older cheer teams have taken a nose dive and anyone watching from week to week has noticed it. Half time performances are dismal and boring compared to years past and our teams never hold a candle to the other towns. These are kids we're talking about and is why the kids can't be blamed. It's the coaches who are responsible for these kids success who are to blame. I have a hard time believing the cheer parents are that impressed with this coach. I'm unimpressed with the coaching just from what I have to watch every week! I'm curious to know what great results you're talking about and if you're lobbying her to play a bigger role I'd start with telling her maybe she should try standing up and interacting with the teams at games!
oberavation

Plainfield, IL

#16 Oct 12, 2012
I am sorry. I did not mean to call out a volunteer even though I sit in the stands doing nothing but look for problems. I am an Obama supporter who sits on my butt waiting for people to give me everything for free. So I have so much time hiding and pointing fingers.May be next year, Ill get off my butt and volunteer to help. Again, I am sorry.
cheer coach

Schaumburg, IL

#17 Oct 12, 2012
It is clear you do not have a cheerleader because then you would know that proper coaching is done during practice and not during games. As for snacking, I'm pretty sure you must be observing the cadet and asst. coach since they come straight from work. As far as what the girls are doing, it is a vast improvement from the beginning of the season and they are not advanced enough to do some of the more difficult stunts you may see other teams doing, safely and RYFC is about fun and safety. Our cheerleaders are doing a great job and so are the coaches, I'm sorry if you can not see their incredible growth and potential. Feel free to fill out an applictaion for next year.
Cheer parent

Plainfield, IL

#18 Oct 12, 2012
I agree with the cheer coach. My daughter is really enjoying the season Thnak you.
observation

Romeoville, IL

#19 Oct 14, 2012
Look, some may not like the fact that I'm pointing out the obvious, but it is the obvious nonetheless. I completely disagree that there's been a vast improvement from the beginning of the season but again it's just an observation and not everyone has to like it or agree. As far as proper coaching, if the team isn't advanced enough to do what the other teams are doing then isn't it the coaches jobs to advance their skills? If you had a football team of all first yr players then you coach them to get to the level they need to be in order to play the teams they'll be playing against, right? Wouldn't that same logic apply here? Again, I'm not critiquing or judging the kids. They can only do as much as they're being taught to do and it doesn't appear they're being taught very much compared to the other teams we've played. And I don't care what the reason is that any coach is eating during the games, doesn't change the fact that it looks really bad. Eat in your car on the way, or wait at least until half time. Looks highly unprofessional. Just because I don't volunteer doesn't mean I don't have a right to voice my opinions and observations. I could really care less about cheer I just thought it was funny when I read roll tide's response to another comment and felt like sharing what's being seen from an onlooker's point of view. When we watch half time at games the spartans teams never quite compare to the other teams and it does make me feel a little bad for our teams who don't seem to have the same caliber of coaching the other towns do because at the end of the day it goes back to the coaches and what they're teaching the kids.
observation

Romeoville, IL

#20 Oct 14, 2012
oberavation wrote:
I am sorry. I did not mean to call out a volunteer even though I sit in the stands doing nothing but look for problems. I am an Obama supporter who sits on my butt waiting for people to give me everything for free. So I have so much time hiding and pointing fingers.May be next year, Ill get off my butt and volunteer to help. Again, I am sorry.
How wrong you are! Romney all the way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Natives Are Restless 6 hr INDUBITABLY 7
This Job Is Hard 6 hr INDUBITABLY 4
Trump pushes Executive Orders and Tax cuts: A ... 6 hr INDUBITABLY 3
RIP Tim Murphy 17 hr The Facts 3
Trumps First 100 Days of Failure 17 hr Actually 24
What is your take on these political explanations? 18 hr Actually 29
How has the Trump presidency benefited you? 19 hr Actually 83

Romeoville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance