Neighbor

Joliet, IL

#1 Feb 9, 2014
As an informed adult, I love the Daily Show and Stewart. The humor is just terrific. But I am informed and easily see through the creatively funny twist & spin. I find that part of the humor.

However, as you know, far too many people are uninformed, and many surveys have pointed out that the Daily Show is viewed as a "source of news" to many people.

News told in a humorous way is one thing, News told in a humorously spun/un-true way is not "a news source at all".

Here's an article that outs the technique the Daily Show uses to gather & design their spin from interviews. Dirty liars is what the behind the scene Daily Show folks are. Kind'a destroys my willingness to now laugh with them.

How about you? Does this mean anything at all?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/113492-daily-...

Four More Years

Mokena, IL

#2 Feb 9, 2014
Neighbor wrote:
As an informed adult, I love the Daily Show and Stewart. The humor is just terrific. But I am informed and easily see through the creatively funny twist & spin. I find that part of the humor.

However, as you know, far too many people are uninformed, and many surveys have pointed out that the Daily Show is viewed as a "source of news" to many people.

News told in a humorous way is one thing, News told in a humorously spun/un-true way is not "a news source at all".

Here's an article that outs the technique the Daily Show uses to gather & design their spin from interviews. Dirty liars is what the behind the scene Daily Show folks are. Kind'a destroys my willingness to now laugh with them.

How about you? Does this mean anything at all?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/113492-daily-...
No it doesn't Darrell.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#3 Feb 9, 2014
The Daily Show is Bill Maher lite. Pure BS liberal slanted garbage. Don't watch it or anything associated with comedy central. You'll be much happier.
Hint

Des Plaines, IL

#4 Feb 9, 2014
Neighbor wrote:
As an informed adult, I love the Daily Show and Stewart. The humor is just terrific. But I am informed and easily see through the creatively funny twist & spin. I find that part of the humor.
However, as you know, far too many people are uninformed, and many surveys have pointed out that the Daily Show is viewed as a "source of news" to many people.
News told in a humorous way is one thing, News told in a humorously spun/un-true way is not "a news source at all".
Here's an article that outs the technique the Daily Show uses to gather & design their spin from interviews. Dirty liars is what the behind the scene Daily Show folks are. Kind'a destroys my willingness to now laugh with them.
How about you? Does this mean anything at all?
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/113492-daily-...
It is on Comedy Central... hint... hint.... not your fair and balanced reports of Fox News.(wink.. wink...)
Neighbor

Joliet, IL

#5 Feb 9, 2014
Hint.... Agreed. Ironically, a majority of college students "think" of it as their "new source". <lol wink wink back at ya.....

My point was, as comedy they are good. I really did not know the deceive their guests to garner their context. That's what the article was identifying.
Homerj

Mokena, IL

#6 Feb 9, 2014
Unincorporated wrote:
The Daily Show is Bill Maher lite. Pure BS liberal slanted garbage. Don't watch it or anything associated with comedy central. You'll be much happier.
Completely agree, comedy and laughter is the key to misery.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Feb 9, 2014
People also read a The Onion and think its real news. Isn't it just easier to let the stupid just be in peace?
Neighbor

Joliet, IL

#8 Feb 10, 2014
ROFLOL Great one Storkleton!!
Bob Thomas

Lockport, IL

#10 Feb 10, 2014
Just about every source has been hijacked by either party. Even Rolling Stone was taken over and backs moves by the Democrats that were identical to Republican moves they opposed. American media is nothing but Tass and Pravda of the 1970's. Corporate BS to keep you arguing at the bottom while the wealth is moved through New York and Washington. Try finding a good political novel without party bias and lies. People don't want to improve their minds ...they just want someone to blame and confirm their limited beliefs. Just look at most posters here. Most don't have any historical knowledge. They leap from sidebar to sidebar.
Neighbor

Joliet, IL

#11 Feb 10, 2014
Unfortunately Bob, your right more times than not with that accusation. The uninformed think it is a win/lose game they must play. Seems they have failed to realize that when freedoms & We The People legislative control is inhibited or lost, "we" all lose. It's like they believe lying, cheating, deception, and stealing is "fair play" to win. Regardless of who does or has done these things, it must be considered "wrong" by all. Reagan & Clinton are two fairly recent POTUS examples of leadership that inspired both sides to work together. It can happen again, but not with a POTUS who sticks you in the eye with a sharp stick, rejects "all" your proposals, and then "blames" you for not cooperating. This type of leadership is exactly what we don't need.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#13 Feb 10, 2014
How can you put Reagan and Clinton in the same sentence? That's like comparing Gene Autry with John Holmes. The only thing Clinton ever "lead" with was his pecker. He was a serial molester of women.(excluding Hillary)
Neighbor

Joliet, IL

#14 Feb 10, 2014
ROFLOL.... double....

(Well I could have used Newt as the example leadership style, but Clinton was POTUS...so I am trying to lean toward the middle a bit....)
fish taco

Mokena, IL

#15 Feb 10, 2014
Unincorporated wrote:
How can you put Reagan and Clinton in the same sentence? That's like comparing Gene Autry with John Holmes. The only thing Clinton ever "lead" with was his pecker. He was a serial molester of women.(excluding Hillary)
You could say its like comparing Benedict Arnold with JFK. Ronnie should have spent his elder years rotting in a cell, what a scumbag!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops Assassinated In NY 28 min Unincorporated 41
Look At Liberalism 31 min Tubman 65
Acute Obama Derangement Syndrome 35 min Unincorporated 6
cops 46 min Lockport local 27
nypd shooting 1 hr MegaSharky 23
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 2 hr Sawlty Dawg 7,896
Did the Chamber tell Colarelli to go away? 3 hr EJCDad 7
Romeoville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Romeoville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Romeoville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Romeoville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:29 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:29PM
Raiola claims stomp was inadvertent
Yahoo! Sports 3:29 PM
Romo passes Aikman to become Cowboys' all-time passing leader
NBC Sports 3:39 PM
Preliminary diagnosis is Achilles tear for Willie Young
NBC Sports 3:41 PM
Down 35-0, Colts pull Andrew Luck
ESPN 3:55 PM
Raiola: Stomp on Bears player 'unintentional'