Athletic and Event center or just rec. center #2 ?

Posted in the Romeoville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1 Feb 14, 2013
1. Why won't we have basketball or volleyball court as promised in the original design?. Why is it an "option" right now?
2. Why village chooses not to run this facility? can you imagine all those jobs created that could have been filled by village residents but instead most likely they will go to someone else.
3. show me any report( preferably independent) that shows this project makes sense.
4. How many soccer moms do we have in Romeoville?? Are they willing to pay $250-$300 per hour to play? We know none from outside the village will come to play here.(Way too many better choices)
What

Romeoville, IL

#2 Feb 14, 2013
I think they're trying to cram too much stuff in a tiny area.

This plus a grocery store (tiny one by what I read) and other establishments in such a small space. Not sure about that.

Personally I think that on the Southside of 53 from Mickey's BBQ to I don't know where it ends they should get rid of all those big warehouse style businesses and build a big mall with some good anchor stores. Something like a name-brand grocery store, department store like a Target or even a Best Buy.
Right now those are just eye-sores imo. And I drive right on by.

Location hidden

#3 Feb 15, 2013
so, how much basketball and volleyball courts going to cost us? soccer only?
Think before you type

Brookfield, IL

#4 Feb 15, 2013
There is a huge Target on Weber that nobody is ever in and Best Buy is going out of business. A grocery store like the one that went out of business there 2 years ago? Glad you're not on the planning committee!!!
Ok now what

Romeoville, IL

#5 Feb 15, 2013
It's Nick's BBQ. Why put a Target on this side of town and haven't you heard that Best Buy is virtually out of business so why build one here? I would rather have a small grocer (no offense, but not another Mexican store) on this side of town than have another Jewel or some big box place.
What wrote:
I think they're trying to cram too much stuff in a tiny area.
This plus a grocery store (tiny one by what I read) and other establishments in such a small space. Not sure about that.
Personally I think that on the Southside of 53 from Mickey's BBQ to I don't know where it ends they should get rid of all those big warehouse style businesses and build a big mall with some good anchor stores. Something like a name-brand grocery store, department store like a Target or even a Best Buy.
Right now those are just eye-sores imo. And I drive right on by.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 15, 2013
Hey all you Noak-ease, let's have a conversation about topic at hand. If you missed here it is again:

1. Why won't we have basketball or volleyball court as promised in the original design?. Why is it an "option" right now?
2. Why village chooses not to run this facility? can you imagine all those jobs created that could have been filled by village residents but instead most likely they will go to someone else.
3. show me any report( preferably independent) that shows this project makes sense.
4. How many soccer moms do we have in Romeoville?? Are they willing to pay $250-$300 per hour to play? We know none from outside the village will come to play here.(Way too many better choices)
Kevin

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 15, 2013
VoteNoakOut wrote:
Thomasz - Basketball and Volleyball were always just an option. How about you finish reading all your that materiel you cost the taxpayers thousands of dollars to produce on this subject? Oh wait you didn't want to pay for all the copies you made the village make did you? You didn't even bother to read everything.
Kevin

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 15, 2013
VoteNoakOut wrote:
Hey all you Noak-ease, let's have a conversation about topic at hand. If you missed here it is again:
Oh and Thomasz the point isn't just to bring in people from Romeoville but other areas as well. And yes lots of teams are willing to pay a big price for time. They are all over the place. Sorry that you aren't clued into the rest of the world.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 15, 2013
You wouldn't believe how much information is out there, you just have to look.
The key is, not being afraid to use it. I can do that.
Calling people names because they don't support your beliefs is not what this country was built on. This is why you're going to lose.
Back to the Future

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 15, 2013
VoteNoakOut wrote:
Calling people names because they don't support your beliefs is not what this country was built on. This is why you're going to lose.

You keep your little delusional dream. Problem you have is there is a lot of fun information that refutes what you think you know and even more about your candidate.
What

Romeoville, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Point being that there has to be an anchor store on the 53 corridor to get more business interested in this side of town.
Not everyone is a sports nut and will just drive right by a sports complex. And a tiny grocery store with very little selection won't cut it. Plus their prices will likely be high.
Target and Walmart is too far south for me to go to.
Besides why should all the good stores be on Weber?

Bolingbrook has two Meijer stores, so why can't Romeoville have two stores of the same name?

Since the Meijer and Food4less in Bolingbrook is on my way back from work, that's where I do most of my shopping.

Perhaps if Romeoville had a good grocery store near Normantown Road I'd do most of my food shopping in Romeoville. But once Sterks closed up I only do my grocery shopping in Bolingbrook. A ting grocery store won't change that.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 16, 2013
What wrote:
Point being that there has to be an anchor store on the 53 corridor to get more business interested in this side of town.
Not everyone is a sports nut and will just drive right by a sports complex. And a tiny grocery store with very little selection won't cut it. Plus their prices will likely be high.
Target and Walmart is too far south for me to go to.
Besides why should all the good stores be on Weber?
Bolingbrook has two Meijer stores, so why can't Romeoville have two stores of the same name?
Since the Meijer and Food4less in Bolingbrook is on my way back from work, that's where I do most of my shopping.
Perhaps if Romeoville had a good grocery store near Normantown Road I'd do most of my food shopping in Romeoville. But once Sterks closed up I only do my grocery shopping in Bolingbrook. A ting grocery store won't change that.
Agree. People need reason to drive there and this athletic center won't do that.
It was always about grocery store until it went away in to background.
There is a great grocery store in Villa Park. "Villa Park Fruit Market"
My favorite grocery store. If we had something like this here, Jewel and Dominic's would have to work hard to keep costumers. Can't beat them on prices super selection only it may be too big. I'm sure they can make it smaller to fit this area. Unfortunately this is not how this works.
http://villaparkmarket.com/
jewhovahs wetness

Westmont, IL

#13 Feb 16, 2013
Wouldnt it be more economical to tear down the entire Jewel complex at once? Why only half? doing it this way has to cost more money. Was it done to show some progress before the election? I agree that a sports complex is unnecessary there. Now we have half an eyesore until they tear the rest down. Why is the village paying for all the costs to plan if its going to be a private entity? Can someone explain how this will be built and run and what the villages role is and what the private part is? Why are tax dollars being used to develop a private business if its going to be private or are we missing something. please explain.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Looking forward to this Tuesday's public hearing at the village hall, for this new event and athletic Center. Anyone wishing to speak for it or against it, here is your opportunity.

Romeoville Planning and Zoning Commission
Tuesday February 26 at 7 PM.
Village Hall Boardroom
Grand42Haven

Romeoville, IL

#15 Feb 21, 2013
VoteNoakOut wrote:
Looking forward to this Tuesday's public hearing at the village hall, for this new event and athletic Center. Anyone wishing to speak for it or against it, here is your opportunity.
Romeoville Planning and Zoning Commission
Tuesday February 26 at 7 PM.
Village Hall Boardroom
Everyone knows, whatever you going to say won't make any difference, whatsoever. They already made the decision for us.
Whatever

Romeoville, IL

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Grand42Haven wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows, whatever you going to say won't make any difference, whatsoever. They already made the decision for us.
Nice one Gail. Everyone know that whatever you say is politically motivated.
duh

Romeoville, IL

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one Gail. Everyone know that whatever you say is politically motivated.
Gail needs to go away quick..she is a bitter old b%$#h whose husband left her A #$ bbecause of her stupidity...she is bitter because she came in last 4 years ago in the Mayoral run and out for revenge.....nobody in grand haven can stand you..go away
duh

Romeoville, IL

#18 Feb 21, 2013
VoteNoakOut wrote:
point is T ordered copies of documents under foi..whhen it came time to pick them up he refused to pay the bill...hundreds of dollllars..now thats waste of taxpayers money
Come on

Romeoville, IL

#19 Feb 21, 2013
I am no Mongo supporter at all, but these personal attacks on people are just down right cruel. There is no need for this. Romeoville is better than that. Thank you.
duh wrote:
<quoted text> Gail needs to go away quick..she is a bitter old b%$#h whose husband left her A #$ bbecause of her stupidity...she is bitter because she came in last 4 years ago in the Mayoral run and out for revenge.....nobody in grand haven can stand you..go away
Agree

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 22, 2013
Come on wrote:
I am no Mongo supporter at all, but these personal attacks on people are just down right cruel. There is no need for this. Romeoville is better than that. Thank you.
<quoted text>
The personal attacks need to stop from Mongo's supporters as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So, that pipeline will "Create Jobs" and lead t... 3 min John Sanchez 66
Laws don't apply I'm a Democrat 8 min Patriot 6
my 18 year old daughter has moved in with her b... (Jun '07) 6 hr hanna 452
Who is Jim Petrakos? 6 hr bonobo opponent 38
Superior Small Engine Lockport Sucks (Sep '13) 6 hr Lockport sucks 28
What are you doing for the Super Bowl and who w... 8 hr Coach Belechik 1
Who is Mike Bonomo 9 hr Lockport local 14

Winter Storm Warning for Will County was issued at January 31 at 2:47AM CST

Romeoville Dating
Find my Match