First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

#1 Aug 16, 2012
This is going to be funny....
romeo
#2 Aug 16, 2012
Oh Yes it will be quite entertaining!!!!!!

I am open to anyone who want's to be the mayor of our community as long as they have the communities interests at heart. I believe our current Mayor Noak has that, but I will also keep my mind open to see what Mongo's intentions for the town are.

Good luck to all who run!
lrt

El Monte, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2012
And what qualifies Mongo as a man of government? He is very likable, has invested his money and/or name to a popular, apparently thriving business in Romeoville. Does he manage that business? My fear is he might consider Romeoville as a nice little burb to start a new career in. Noak hws worked diligently to manage the fast expansion and has also wrung every cent possible out of TIF funds. Want always a fan, but have taken a second thought. Things seem to loosening up and movung forward. Woupd probably choose Noak again to drive the engine he has been building these past few years.
Go Mongo

Lemont, IL

#4 Aug 17, 2012
For anyone who knows Steve and his career, he does nothing halfway. What qualifies him as mayor? What disqualifies him? Just because he doesn't have a political science degree doesn't mean he wouldn't make an excellent mayor and his celebrity trumps a degree in politics.
He has invested into the town so I say why not? Everyone should be involved in their community and he is doing just that. And if you think that he shouldn't run because of the circus it creates? Turn your sites on the two clowns running for president. Mongo at least is big enough to back up what he says!

“All in all”

Since: Apr 09

I'd rather be fishing!

#5 Aug 17, 2012
I think this is a Sour Grapes move on Mongo's part. I am willing to bet that he wanted his partners at Pole Catz to buy Crazy Rock, but the Village scooped up the property instead. Now he is going to use his name recognition and fame as a Chicago Bear and a WCW wrestler to punish Noak.
lrt
#6 Aug 17, 2012
Wow. Already. No, a person does not need a political science degree to be a mayor. It would help, though, I think, to have lived in the community more than four months. It would help to have working knowledge and experience of all the needs and means of that community. Mongo is a fwvorite memory, seems to have parlayed his sports career into a business career, but, again, does he really qualify to run a rapidly expanding city? His past fame wnr name will not sway the proffesional he must deal with in a mayoral role. Just my pre cwmpaign opinion. Time will tell, of cpurse.
Voting for Noak

Plainfield, IL

#7 Aug 17, 2012
Jeffd902 wrote:
I think this is a Sour Grapes move on Mongo's part. I am willing to bet that he wanted his partners at Pole Catz to buy Crazy Rock, but the Village scooped up the property instead. Now he is going to use his name recognition and fame as a Chicago Bear and a WCW wrestler to punish Noak.
If true then Romeoville will become Stone Park West if McMichael gets elected by the ill-informed and uneducated who would vote mainly based on his celebrity status. Noak is doing a great job in a horrible economy. He gets my vote and in speaking with several others they are in agreement.
Get real

Romeoville, IL

#8 Aug 17, 2012
"McMichael said he got the idea to run for office while thinking about the schools his 4-year-old daughter will attend and speaking with residents at his business about their concerns" - Then start at the school board level. Not the Village. Besides, the mayor has nothing to do with the school board district.
funny

Plainfield, IL

#9 Aug 17, 2012
Romeoville IS Stone Park west.......now it will be Bearville,maybe we can pass an ordinance to ticket packer fans
lrt

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2012
mcmichael lives in the plainfield school district. A former football player is mayor of plainfield. Maybe that whetted his interest. Or maybe, since the Sun Tpmes even mentioned his and partners loss of the bid for the strip club...that is whst made him decide. Sort of 'if i ca?t have this, I just take it all.' Would not like to thpnk that, but as someone .entioned, pf a person is concerned about the schools, they would run for that board...the one controlling the schools their child. Would attend, presumably.
Concerned

Bolingbrook, IL

#11 Aug 17, 2012
I have MAJOR concerns about Steve McMichael becoming the mayor of Romeoville. First of all, anyone that wants to put a strip club in our neighborhood does NOT have our community's best interest at heart. He has a daughter, correct? That makes him extra disgusting in my book.
He says he has concerns for his daughter's school district? I don't know if he's taken one too many hits to the head in his ball playing days, but someone needs to explain to him that there are such things as volunteering in his daughter's school or running for the school board.
He does not have a very good reputation, other than being part of a team from 1985. So what?
My vote will definitely be for John Noak who has actually done something for our neighborhood and continues to have its best interest at heart!

Since: Dec 09

Romeoville, IL

#12 Aug 18, 2012
Get real wrote:
"McMichael said he got the idea to run for office while thinking about the schools his 4-year-old daughter will attend and speaking with residents at his business about their concerns"
This is the best part, a bunch of guys sitting around getting drunk....
Patrons -"Mongo know what you should do man ?"
Mongo - "Wa ?"
Patrons - "Run for mayor dude"
Mongo - "Dats a great I D er, call the press"
Patrons - "Go Bears"

Get real

Romeoville, IL

#13 Aug 18, 2012
I wish I had thought of your posting. BRILLANT! This man is obnoxious, crude and does not a have a clue. And do those who follow him.
Concerned wrote:
I have MAJOR concerns about Steve McMichael becoming the mayor of Romeoville. First of all, anyone that wants to put a strip club in our neighborhood does NOT have our community's best interest at heart. He has a daughter, correct? That makes him extra disgusting in my book.
He says he has concerns for his daughter's school district? I don't know if he's taken one too many hits to the head in his ball playing days, but someone needs to explain to him that there are such things as volunteering in his daughter's school or running for the school board.
He does not have a very good reputation, other than being part of a team from 1985. So what?
My vote will definitely be for John Noak who has actually done something for our neighborhood and continues to have its best interest at heart!
Cuurent political plays

Romeoville, IL

#14 Aug 18, 2012
"Now Misty McMichael, the wife of former Bears wild man Steve "Mongo" McMichael, is making headlines after being arrested for speeding, marijuana possession and possession of an unregistered gun last week" And this is the family that wants to be the "First Family" of Romeoville?
This will come up sooner or later, but hey, this is politics. Ready for the game Steve? YThis is what you should be concerned about. Not being the Mayor of Romeoville. Get your own life in order in first.
lrt

El Monte, CA

#15 Aug 18, 2012
In fairness, that arrest was in 2007 though I do not know how it turned out. Plenty other reasons not to want .cmichaels for mayor. According to radio program, he mentioned the Bears training camp at Lewis. Not, then, that he would or could arrange for that to happen. More of an apple to dangle before the horses. If he could do that, he should, tho, please, business is business. Dont need him for that if both Lewis and tke Bears wanted it. Sure the city would do all it could.
lrt

El Monte, CA

#16 Aug 18, 2012
Also, romeoville is becoming THE logpstics hub of Will county. The mayor has brokered in a number of transport/logpstic companies. Could be, pf as Mongo stated on the radio show, hps bar customers did tell him to run, a change was needed, they need to get out more. Look around. Read a local paper. Apply for dock work.....
Jerry Springer

Romeoville, IL

#17 Aug 19, 2012
Mango is a dufus and is only pissed because he didnt get tif funds to build a ridiculous patio at his bar and because he didnt get the approval to move the crazy rock girls into his bars basement. Hes running around with Steve Spandonidis who is another one who has used his past positions to only personally benefit from his positions within the village. Spandonidis has done nothing but look out for his own personal pocket book and nothing more. Look at all his business proposals in town. He never wants to improve things but only look for personal gain. I'm sure he gave Mango the idea to "buy" an address in Romeoville so he can pretend to have romeovilles interests at heart. Spnadonidis is not good for Romeoville and neither in Mango. Before you twigheads critique my spelling of "Mango", its only because I think he is a fruit. I love the 85 bears and all the memories but McMichael is a freak show. Look at his ridiculous interviews with Mark Giangreco and his wrestling antics. Hes trying to parlay his celebrity into personal benefit at the bar. C'mon, did he even know where Romeoville was before Spandonidis tried to use McMichaels name to milk TIF money from the village. McMichael was even a cheesehead at one time, what does thgat tell you. Da Bears!
Jerry Springer

Romeoville, IL

#18 Aug 19, 2012
Mr. Noak,
You are doing a great job with "MY" village. Do our village a favor and load up the mosquito abatement trucks with some "Fruitfly" repellant and make a few passes by Mangos dive and exterminate the problem. I'll be sending you a few dollars to help exterminate the problem.
Jerry Springer

Romeoville, IL

#19 Aug 19, 2012
Go Mongo wrote:
For anyone who knows Steve and his career, he does nothing halfway. What qualifies him as mayor? What disqualifies him? Just because he doesn't have a political science degree doesn't mean he wouldn't make an excellent mayor and his celebrity trumps a degree in politics.
He has invested into the town so I say why not? Everyone should be involved in their community and he is doing just that. And if you think that he shouldn't run because of the circus it creates? Turn your sites on the two clowns running for president. Mongo at least is big enough to back up what he says!
youre both kookoo
pat

Romeoville, IL

#20 Aug 20, 2012
Mongo for mayor!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO
Mongo for School Board!!!! NO NO NO NO
He wants to improve our School District by being our mayor....being a major does not make you the President of the school board. da. His child/
children go to school in Plainfield????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland 1 hr ANP 51
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr help 8,128
Turner's Low Approval Raing 1 hr KTurner 9
Are these 4 people cyber stalking Turner? 1 hr KTurner 3
Sandy Hook was a False Flag Event 1 hr Stop it 278
Sniper 1 hr Ken Stawczyk 119
More lies to try and deceive 1 hr Sharky 49
Romeoville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web