Mom sentenced for allowing child sex abuse

There are 20 comments on the Dec 21, 2007, www.suburbanchicagonews.com story titled Mom sentenced for allowing child sex abuse. In it, www.suburbanchicagonews.com reports that:

The mom who pleaded guilty to charges of allowing her 15-year-old son to sexually abuse a 10-year-old female relative in the family home was sentenced to serve 180 days in jail and was given four years of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.suburbanchicagonews.com.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
taxpayer

United States

#1 Dec 22, 2007
ruin a little girls life forever get 6 monthes in jail. that judge is an idiot

“Ignore the BS and trolls!”

Since: Sep 07

Carrollton, TX

#2 Dec 31, 2007
This is an outrage!!!
taxpayer

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2008
SueH wrote:
This is an outrage!!!
I couldnt agree more this judge should be removed from office
Paul Revere

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2008
This whole story leaves me speechless. Where's the humanity?
Accu

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Jan 5, 2008
I tried to look these 2 up on the sex offender website & Steven shows up but not Donna. I wanted to see her face so I would recognize her if I ever ran into her.

The judge makes me want to vomit. Who was the young girl and why was she in the house? She's only described as a 10 yr old female relative. A neice, cousin?

What's really sick is in 25 yrs or less, the offender is going to be released after experiencing god knows what in prison...and then potentially proceed to do god knows what to someone else.
spice

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2008
she will be on the list once she gets out of will county. since she is not in a DOC facility she is not on the list yet. if you want to see her face go on myspace and search for donna stepp. she wears a blue sweater on her picture and is set to private. can't miss her.
spice

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2008

Donna

Female
36 years old
ROMEOVILLE, Illinois
United States

Last Login: 1/9/2008

unfortunately, her picture cannot be copied but interesting to see that someone is checking her myspace while she is in jail. she should be reported as a sex offender having a profile on myspace, because they are not allowed on myspace. from what i understand the judge had no other option than to give her what the state suggested without giving donna an option to appeal. she plead guilty to the terms of the states attorney, any other sentence the judge would have envoked, she would have had grounds to appeal and may have walked without anything, the judges hands were bound. however, one good thing comes out of this...she will NEVER see her kids again in the next 10 years, if anyone sees her around any children under the age of 18 PLEASE report her, for the sake of the victim, then she will go for 15 years to jail !!!look out for her, we owe it to the victim.

Grandma Sue

Ingleside, IL

#8 Jan 11, 2008
SueH wrote:
This is an outrage!!!
What is wrong with those judges in Will county? I know they are elected officials but aren't they accountable to anybody? They should be investigated. Our granddaughter was killed and her murderer spent three months in jail-now is asking for her "visitation rights."
Grandma Sue

Ingleside, IL

#9 Jan 11, 2008
spice wrote:
Donna
Female
36 years old
ROMEOVILLE, Illinois
United States
Last Login: 1/9/2008
unfortunately, her picture cannot be copied but interesting to see that someone is checking her myspace while she is in jail. she should be reported as a sex offender having a profile on myspace, because they are not allowed on myspace. from what i understand the judge had no other option than to give her what the state suggested without giving donna an option to appeal. she plead guilty to the terms of the states attorney, any other sentence the judge would have envoked, she would have had grounds to appeal and may have walked without anything, the judges hands were bound. however, one good thing comes out of this...she will NEVER see her kids again in the next 10 years, if anyone sees her around any children under the age of 18 PLEASE report her, for the sake of the victim, then she will go for 15 years to jail !!!look out for her, we owe it to the victim.
Don't count on it-unless they terminated her rights there is nothing to stop her from hiring a sleazy lawyer and putting a child in harm's way!
spice

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2008
look for her pic on the sex offender list soon, she will be out soon. her son is on it and the ex
Outraged

Wheeling, IL

#11 Feb 20, 2008
What makes me sick is that she got away with abusing the son who is in prison for 25 years for molesting his sister. I heard she's already out and hasn't even served 1/2 her time. Her children want nothing to do with her and because of the letter the victim wrote helped her to never be able to see them again. Donna should have gotten the max. And if she is already out then she still hasn't registered as an offender
spice

United States

#12 Feb 22, 2008
where has our system gone to, a registered sex offender who is homeless ? how are they tracking her down ? they put people on an ankle bracelet when they are out on probation and they have to have a residence but a convicted sex offender can claim homeless ???? i hope they will put her picture up soon so everyone knows what she looks like, in case i see her anywhere near any children.
Outraged

Wheeling, IL

#13 Feb 25, 2008
I agree with you Spice! That is wrong! And how did she get out early? That I don't understand either!
spice

Romeoville, IL

#14 Feb 26, 2008
picture is up on the illinois sex offender list.

Edwardsburg, MI

#15 Feb 27, 2008

Edwardsburg, MI

#16 Feb 27, 2008
http://tinyurl.com/ywnoym

this works beter
spice

United States

#17 Mar 5, 2008
she is non compliant which means she failed to register, call the cops if you see her

Edwardsburg, MI

#18 Mar 5, 2008
"tune her up"... then call cops

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#19 Mar 6, 2008
I unfotunatly know this family. Lived near them. The whole family is messed up. Those poor little girls knew no other way. But thankfully, I see them and they're doing so much better. I swear every other day, the cops were called on them. One time, their youngest daughter (4) got up, and went to her sisters school, while the parents slept. The school had to bring her back. The little boy(2) would climb out of the window, and wonder off the block. Us neighbors would always bring him back.
The father was very mean, and so drunk, I caught him peeing in his own swimming pool! they always had people living with them.(men). God only knows what was going on behind closed doors.
Outraged

Wheeling, IL

#20 Mar 7, 2008
Does anyone know how she got out early? Unfortunately I knew the father but after all this happened. He is now with some unfortunate 60 year old woman who gives him everything he asks for. He even told us one time that he was just going to use her to get what he wants. He is not one to drink much anymore. Claims he found god. But he sure doesn't act that way. I really wonder what the truth is about what happened because I sure don't believe him! I feel bad for those kids. But they are better off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Romeoville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Jenner seen on Rt. 30 2 hr Walona 4
Poll Mayoral Election 3 hr Oh come on 261
Cruz Is A Fighter 6 hr Patriot 1
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 7 hr Let it go 9,017
Cherry hill subdivision garage sale date (Mar '11) 8 hr sad story 12
Cruz - Our Next President 9 hr semi-crazy 35
America Weakened 9 hr semi-crazy 11
More from around the web

Romeoville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE