50 percent of my coworkers need aride...

50 percent of my coworkers need aride home from work

Posted in the Rome Forum

becomingirratate d

Rome, NY

#1 Jul 21, 2014
the problem the people that hired them drive 30 thousand dollar plus cars never give them a ride the workers have 10 year old rust buckets and r constainly being harassed every day by these people.

what kind of leader are you anyway ???
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2014
walk
Stumped

Rome, NY

#3 Jul 21, 2014
Just to make sure I understand you.
A boss, business owner, or supervisor that has the ability to afford a 30k car ( which is really a quite modest choice for their possible income) is a bad person because they don't give rides home to employees.
It is no fault of the employee that they made choices and possibly chose not to put their money in a dependable vehicle.
It is the fault of the business owner who puts his money and butt on the line, dealing with the boat loads of laws, regulation and fees, and everything else the state and/or the public throw at them trying to run a viable business.
It is the fault of the boss or supervisors who that put in the work and time to move up the ladder. They put in sacrifices and the moved forward.
What kind of leader do you want?
f government

Rome, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2014
Just to make sure I understand you. Its not the responsibility of the owner who can afford nice things to pay their employees more?...
hahahahaha

Rome, NY

#5 Jul 21, 2014
Sounds like where I work. At least a third of the people I work with constantly need a ride to work. I have been asked to give people rides many times. It is absolutely irritating.
Stumped

Rome, NY

#6 Jul 21, 2014
Employers will pay what workers will accept for the job. Want more pay, get skilled,
Guess what

Rome, NY

#7 Jul 21, 2014
Maybe you should of went back to school or worked harder to better yourself, then you can drive a $30,000 car.
LOL

Rome, NY

#8 Jul 21, 2014
Stumped wrote:
Employers will pay what workers will accept for the job. Want more pay, get skilled,
Yes Met Life employees a computer tech from India with a Masters Degree and pays him $12.00 an hour.. LOL
this

Rome, NY

#9 Jul 21, 2014
Yes because being $100k in debt for a piece of paper to only make min. wage because that's all the employer will pay makes sense... Great economy and many jobs to choose from also right?.. Sounds like my last job. Owner made $1.5million that year and only has 9 employees and pays them min. wage. He knows its hard to find jobs around and many more in line in need to take your spot. Employers fault. Now unless all the workers and his clientele said no to him until he gives raises nothing is going to change. Since the employees don't know when or where the job is to inform clients its almost impossible. I left in hope of finding a better job. Employers fault for being greedy.
Stumped

Rome, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2014
Choices, make good ones.
It's not how much you make, it's what you do with it.
If you spent a 100k on a degree that gets you min wage, then you made a bad decision.
I really doubt 1.5 mil was the payday, the fed and state gov takes quite a bit. There is operating cost that comes out also.
Whatever the owners profit is, it does not matter, they took the gamble, there are many who fail.
Quit blaming others and man up, look in the mirror and change your life if you don' t like it.

Yes, if they got their masters in India , then that is like a high school diploma, so 12 an hour is good.

The world has been this way for a long time, it is not going to change, you are not going to change it, many have tired and they usually end up dead.
Learn how to play the game.
The way you playing now is not working, try something different.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Jul 22, 2014
becomingirratated wrote:
the problem the people that hired them drive 30 thousand dollar plus cars never give them a ride the workers have 10 year old rust buckets and r constainly being harassed every day by these people.
what kind of leader are you anyway ???
Perhaps the employee shouldn't have lied when answering the question, "Dependable transportation is required. Do you have dependable transportation?".

It's not your employer's responsibility.
CatsCuriosity

Springfield, NJ

#14 Jul 23, 2014
Go work at revere! Average employee makes at least $20/hr plus pretty good benefits. Over time every weekend if you want it. Doubletime on Sundays. Production workers make more than salaried workers.
Joe

Rome, NY

#15 Jul 23, 2014
I saw some family loading up a baby stroller with their groceries. Repurposing I guess.
tommy train

Whitesboro, NY

#16 Jul 24, 2014
there are taxi services!
tommy train

Whitesboro, NY

#17 Jul 24, 2014
rent a U-Haul for 20 beans a day!
Joe

Rome, NY

#19 Jul 24, 2014
Poor guy was like I wish I could find a job like this as he was bagging the groceries. The cashier didnt even offer an application.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WTF at Staley 17 min Jail 5
does anyone know crystal jeagers??? (Oct '11) 1 hr News 46
Asteroid near miss 1 hr Go back to school 7
Alessa likes woman beaters 5 hr Waste 10
Did Senator Joe Griffo get arrested for buying ... (Jun '13) 6 hr names 33
WD holdings--romes new slumlords! (Nov '15) 7 hr real life 6
Abandonment 7 hr Sickness 20

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance