First Prev
of 2
Next Last
help

Lévis, Canada

#23 Jul 15, 2014
First of all its hard to comply, when the city officials change the code to suit themselves. They did the same thing with the gentleman's club that tried to open. They met the city codes, so they slapped a moratorium and re-wrote the code (which by the way is illegal). Unfortunately, the people behind it have moved on, but may be involved in the lawsuit. The city of Rome, through the codes department, is not business friendly. It's hell to try to operate any business in this city unless you have personal or family connections in the city government. And then everyone wonders why there are no jobs.
Impartial

Rome, NY

#24 Jul 15, 2014
Am a multiple business owner who has had to deal with Rome codes dept many times. They are knowledgeable and very fair. In my opinion we are lucky to have such a good crew. Mark d. Has always been great to deal with. Would hate to see this city without them. My opinion , city should increase size of codes dept.
Help

Cicero, NY

#25 Jul 15, 2014
help wrote:
First of all its hard to comply, when the city officials change the code to suit themselves. They did the same thing with the gentleman's club that tried to open. They met the city codes, so they slapped a moratorium and re-wrote the code (which by the way is illegal). Unfortunately, the people behind it have moved on, but may be involved in the lawsuit. The city of Rome, through the codes department, is not business friendly. It's hell to try to operate any business in this city unless you have personal or family connections in the city government. And then everyone wonders why there are no jobs.
Rome did NOT want that strip club OR the meat processing plant! GREAT JOB Mark D! Keep up the great work of keeping the scum out of rome!
Impartial

Cicero, NY

#26 Jul 15, 2014
The scumbag that owns harbor way thinks he is above the law! All he has to do is FIX the building and he can reopen...he is only suing for the MONEY! Scumbags like him should be run out of town!
tito

Rome, NY

#27 Jul 16, 2014
Impartial wrote:
The scumbag that owns harbor way thinks he is above the law! All he has to do is FIX the building and he can reopen...he is only suing for the MONEY! Scumbags like him should be run out of town!
That impartial ?
truth

Rome, NY

#28 Jul 16, 2014
Impartial wrote:
Am a multiple business owner who has had to deal with Rome codes dept many times. They are knowledgeable and very fair. In my opinion we are lucky to have such a good crew. Mark d. Has always been great to deal with. Would hate to see this city without them. My opinion , city should increase size of codes dept.
I don't believe you for one minute, and I don't have a dog in this fight. However you may be of old school of family bussiness owners who used to drive drunk, do under the table deals with kickbacks and wife swapping.
help

New York, NY

#29 Jul 16, 2014
Help wrote:
<quoted text>Rome did NOT want that strip club OR the meat processing plant! GREAT JOB Mark D! Keep up the great work of keeping the scum out of rome!
Really? How do you know that Rome didn't want the strip club? Did you take a door to door survey? At the meetings, only about 100 people showed up to protest it. If that was the percentage that didn't want it I would say there was about 20,000 must have either been ok with it or didn't care, because they didn't not show up. By the way, as long as a business is legal and dealt with in the uniform codes of an area, I don't believe it is up for public vote. It was a legal business and adult entertainment is (or was) allowed in the codes.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#30 Jul 16, 2014
All I know is what I read in the paper. But the story as told by the attorneys who wrote the complaint is very believable. It all seems to stem from the plaintiff refusing to fire a contractor that Domenico had a beef with, something he had no power to do. The rest of the complaint describes the retaliation for the refusal. Does anyone know what the contractor did that made Domenico want him gone?
free speech

Rome, NY

#31 Jul 16, 2014
It appears that there was an unusually long period of time (6 - 11 months) for the codes dept. to issue a work permit. This includes a 2+ month period waiting for a final decision by Mr. Domenico. In checking public records I found that a few days after receiving a work permit there was a certificate of occupancy issued. Also, there was a certificate of occupancy issued in 2010. I believe this indication speaks for itself. For many years that property was used for factory purposes. Something sounds askew. I cant imagine any attorney wasting their time or reputation on a case that has no merit. The devil is in the details.
wow

Utica, NY

#32 Jul 16, 2014
frankcor wrote:
All I know is what I read in the paper. But the story as told by the attorneys who wrote the complaint is very believable. It all seems to stem from the plaintiff refusing to fire a contractor that Domenico had a beef with, something he had no power to do. The rest of the complaint describes the retaliation for the refusal. Does anyone know what the contractor did that made Domenico want him gone?
doesn't really matter does it? the codes office doesn't have that authority. and like u i only know what i read. so if all that i read is in fact legit, because this is at this point someone elses claim. the lawsuit will determine if this is indeed what happened. if it has, then indeed someone has apparently stepped in it. the worst thing that can happen at this point, at least for the city, is their will be no proof either way and it will be a simple he said she said, because the city has already lost in the court of public opinion, which i believe was part of the plan from the beginning. i will say that in my experience, people with an actual claim, don't do things like this, because they dont have to. The city is always in a big rush to settle those cases very quietly, and very quickly.
yoTonyisPissedOf f

Rome, NY

#33 Jul 16, 2014
In November 2012, Echo Beach and state Assemblyman Anthony J. Brindisi, D-119, Utica, representative of the business’ location, arranged a meeting with city officials on Dec. 4, 2012 to determine what was needed to obtain a certificate of occupancy. Domenico, the suit claims, refused to attend. At that meeting, city officials assured Echo Beach officials that if certain documents were presented, the city would act on the certificate request immediately, the suit claims. “The documents were provided the next day. All that was required was having Domenico sign off. Domenico still refused to act on the request for over two months
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#34 Jul 16, 2014
GOD SAYS TAKE NO ONE TO COURT!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#35 Jul 17, 2014
Here's the artical off the Rome Sentinel site:
http://romesentinel.com/rome/suit-claims-city... !ho5yir89S2PjnnIyWBpWiA/
Windy

New York, NY

#36 Jul 17, 2014
I'm sure he's working hard for the city doing all his side work on the clock!
Fuscos left nut

Rome, NY

#37 Jul 19, 2014
Impartial wrote:
Am a multiple business owner who has had to deal with Rome codes dept many times. They are knowledgeable and very fair. In my opinion we are lucky to have such a good crew. Mark d. Has always been great to deal with. Would hate to see this city without them. My opinion , city should increase size of codes dept.
You must be a WOP then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Dee Wins The Royal Rumble! 14 min hey bro 30
Naomi oshel short 27 min Kelly 10
Good Dentist in Rome (Aug '11) 2 hr noorhehe 24
best dentist in Rome?? (Jun '13) 2 hr noorhehe 9
Donnie Holmes 5 hr Brenda 14
andrew rudd (Sep '11) 5 hr what what 25
joanne tommasi (Feb '11) 6 hr Lol 3
Meat procsessing plant MARTIN ST 8 hr roman 45
NO meat on Martin street 8 hr doggy daddy 6358 25
Rome Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 am PST