Shop Rome First

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Who do you folks believe is the Best and the Worse businesses in Rome?
Yankee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Peterson's Pets and the Ace Hardware Store are good, reputable stores.

Actually, I tend to avoid Rome whenever possible.
Joker

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

One of the worst ones is Phillipson's.
Wanda

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Judged:

Leggs Diamond the freaking crook... Kids broke into my home and the cops found my stuff in his place..Says he didn't know the stuff was hot. BS don't trust that creep as far as I can spit.
Frozen Komquat

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Yankee wrote:
Peterson's Pets and the Ace Hardware Store are good, reputable stores.
Actually, I tend to avoid Rome whenever possible.
NICE
sweetpea

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

I like Ace too. At least they treat their customers good.
Just Watchin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Ace is good.....hate Lowe's. Too bad HomeDepot left. I agree with Yankee...I shop out of Rome as much as possible. There just is no variety here or much to offer. I wish that weren't the case!!
Be realistic

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Pete Capponi at the Jewel box thinks he shits icecream. If not for his old man he would be somebody's bitch.

Since: Sep 09

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2009

Ace is great. What do you think of the colonial?
Misfit

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Colonial is good too. Personally its the people that work in these places that make a place good. You got good people working for you, you could sell smowballs to Eskimoes.
frozen komquat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

Just Watchin wrote:
Ace is good.....hate Lowe's. Too bad HomeDepot left. I agree with Yankee...I shop out of Rome as much as possible. There just is no variety here or much to offer. I wish that weren't the case!!
Nice
snowman

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

sanos sauce company. oh thats right he took the citys money and closed.now he's trying to sell the place a make a profit.
ccb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

CITY OF ROME , its always about money and power!
vin

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Judged:

Cornucopia=A+

Coalyard's= F
WTF

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

the WORST ones are those who think we care about which politicians they support like the place on North Madison Street with the Kim and Andy signs on the front lawn. WTF
My Fave

Fulton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

Nicky Doodles A++
Dippin Donuts Erie Blvd. too. I'm not a junk food junkie. They just both run clean establishments with consistent quality product.

What's the prob with Coalyard's?(unless you ordered sauce) It's a great place for steak.

Speaking of sauce, Sano's is gone? I tried it. yuk
Mahatma Ghandi

La Fayette, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

I like the Nice and Easy at 1212 East Dominick!
GODZILLA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Judged:

vin wrote:
Cornucopia=A+
Coalyard's= F
What happened to Coalyards. We went last week and the food was cold and expensive and the portions were tiny. No wonder there weren't many people there. They start giving shit like this and then when business fails they will blame Rome and the economy. NO COALYARDS! IT's YOU!

I couldn't agree more about Cornucipia...class run business. High quality items. NO DIRTBAGS IN THERE WHEN YOU SHOP!
True

Mount Gretna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

GODZILLA wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Coalyards. We went last week and the food was cold and expensive and the portions were tiny. No wonder there weren't many people there. They start giving shit like this and then when business fails they will blame Rome and the economy. NO COALYARDS! IT's YOU!
I couldn't agree more about Cornucipia...class run business. High quality items. NO DIRTBAGS IN THERE WHEN YOU SHOP!
Coalyards is a great local restaurant, if you had a bad experience with them, here's a novel idea: Complain to the management. I have had only the best experiences there, their staff is friendly and the food has always been good. The waitresses we have (especally Jen) are always quick to serve you and very pleasant. However, every business will have an off night. It's a fact of life, and if all you can do is b*tch in a topix forum about it, I am sure they won't miss your business.

Also, if you truly like Cornucopia so much, then do Diane a favor: Don't mention the business name in here again. It's just an open invitation for jealous people to come in and trash her.
WinGate

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Judged:

Shop Rome First wrote:
Who do you folks believe is the Best and the Worse businesses in Rome?
What about the new hotel? I stayed there one night as a present to my husband for our anniversary. It's beautiful;l, extremely clean and the staff very professional. Best of all it has local owners! Its ice to see a quality business like this in Rome. The fact is, our city IS improving, or else why would people be taking chances investing all their money? Now there is a restaurant coming too! We are on the rise!

On the downside, their were many Romans against the building of the hotel, god only knows why and it if wasn't for commitment from the owners and backing from the Mayor did the project move forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Historic house JAMES ST 11 min wow 37
Erica vandresar 13 min Outsider 1
Gabrielle Pallas 21 min Seriously 16
nys safe act 27 min off yourself please 8
Another Favorite Rome Topix Celebrity Popularit... 32 min frankcor 4
Griffiss touch and go planes 36 min frankcor 47
dennys has worker with serious case of herpes (Oct '13) 53 min Fact 44
Raspberry's at Friendly's 2 hr Habanero Harv 63
point rock road 5 hr huntz hall 5