Historic house JAMES ST

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shameful

Rome, NY

#1 Jul 27, 2014
Thank you Mr. Amidon and Mr. Brown for submitting your letter. This is a bigger loss for Rome than most people realize. How this demo received a permit without planning board review is beyond me. More " fast n loose" with the rules is my opinion. This time the cost was far too dear. Some one should be held accountable! Very sad indeed.
Yes

Rome, NY

#2 Jul 27, 2014
I agree. Terrible and it just goes to show how dirty things around Rome really are.
G-man

Rome, NY

#3 Jul 27, 2014
It was a run down piece of crap building. Thank goodness it is down. It was privately owned. The owners did what they wanted to do with it. Not the city's fault.
Yes

Rome, NY

#4 Jul 27, 2014
Whatever g-man.
Golly gee JETHRO

Rome, NY

#5 Jul 27, 2014
G-man wrote:
It was a run down piece of crap building. Thank goodness it is down. It was privately owned. The owners did what they wanted to do with it. Not the city's fault.
For better or for worse that is NOT how it works. Have YOU ever tried replacing windows, adding a deck, rebuilding front steps, etc. on a historic house? These are all examples of items that needed city approval in the last few years. You might not like it "but dems is da rules".
shortnsweet

Rome, NY

#6 Jul 27, 2014
The house was condemed due to a plumbing leak that caused all the floors to buckle and cause everthing to grow mold ..we were shown the interrior pictures
Yes

Rome, NY

#7 Jul 27, 2014
Ok fred.
Golly gee JETHRO

Rome, NY

#9 Jul 27, 2014
shortnsweet wrote:
The house was condemed due to a plumbing leak that caused all the floors to buckle and cause everthing to grow mold ..we were shown the interrior pictures
Interesting, but it does not address the sidestep done on the rules.
Really

Rome, NY

#10 Jul 27, 2014
G-man wrote:
You need to take your head out of your ass. That house receive rehab money and the inside was in great shape. The outside needed paint but there was nothing wrong with the place. Welcome to Fusco world. If you know who to blow you can get anything done, and the rules do not apply to certain people. They screwed over the guy trying to refurbish the place across the street for the Amish Market with all the rehab shit and when he sinks all that money in it the city takes it back to give to one of the Jimmy Boys. Rome sucks and so does the Idiot running it.
Peggy

Rome, NY

#11 Jul 28, 2014
shortnsweet wrote:
I don't believe that house was condemned.
Lola

West Hartford, CT

#12 Jul 28, 2014
Big eye sore but could have looked beautiful if right ppl owned it

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#13 Jul 28, 2014
Mr. Brown and Mr. Amidon have now documented the proof that they are either political operatives or have no compulsion of stating opinions complete devoid of fact.

Rome

#14 Jul 28, 2014
Really wrote:
You need to take your head out of your ass. That house receive rehab money and the inside was in great shape. The outside needed paint but there was nothing wrong with the place....
Seriously dude? The inside was in great shape? The foundations were severely damaged and estimates for repair were in the 6-figure range. Why post here anonymously? Why not take your statements to one of the Rome Facebook groups where you can be held accountable for your wild-assed lies?

Cowards and politicians. And trolls. Go figure.
G-man

Albany, NY

#15 Jul 28, 2014
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously dude? The inside was in great shape? The foundations were severely damaged and estimates for repair were in the 6-figure range. Why post here anonymously? Why not take your statements to one of the Rome Facebook groups where you can be held accountable for your wild-assed lies?
Cowards and politicians. And trolls. Go figure.
perfectly said frank. Those two have their own agenda. Place was a dump

Since: Mar 12

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jul 28, 2014
francor,
You are right about their own agenda. Mayor Brown did not rehab the rest of the neighborhood as promised. To invest any more money into the house was a bad investment since there would be no return on that investment. When they sold it they did take a loss. The market determined whether or not it was worth saving. Notice the lack of insulation when it came down. Would you want to pay that heat bill?
Once the Advisory Committee was set up, I was an original member, we changed the three years to five years and would not have allowed as much to be put into one property. By the way, the Advisory Committee was established at the request of HUD to try to prevent giving CDBG funds as political favors.
Certain people in Rome like to throw good money after bad to help certain people.

Rome

#17 Jul 28, 2014
Agreed, Joe. As long as it's somebody else's money.
Stabby Stabby Stabby

Cantonment, FL

#18 Jul 28, 2014
Man, that kind of demented $hit makes me want to stab SOMEbody.

Maybe Fusco in Effigy.
oldtimer

Rome, NY

#19 Jul 28, 2014
What I would like to know is where all the architectural stuff went from the house. Also all the solid oak trim from inside, as well as other items. That stuff was/is worth thousands. Where is it?
jesus wins

Tully, NY

#20 Jul 28, 2014
Joe S 1212 wrote:
francor,
You are right about their own agenda. Mayor Brown did not rehab the rest of the neighborhood as promised. To invest any more money into the house was a bad investment since there would be no return on that investment. When they sold it they did take a loss. The market determined whether or not it was worth saving. Notice the lack of insulation when it came down. Would you want to pay that heat bill?
Once the Advisory Committee was set up, I was an original member, we changed the three years to five years and would not have allowed as much to be put into one property. By the way, the Advisory Committee was established at the request of HUD to try to prevent giving CDBG funds as political favors.
Certain people in Rome like to throw good money after bad to help certain people.
Maybe YO AN FRANKCOR could run as MAYOR! You two know SOOOOO MUCK!
Joe SAL 1212

Tully, NY

#21 Jul 28, 2014
Stabby Stabby Stabby wrote:
Man, that kind of demented $hit makes me want to stab SOMEbody.
Maybe Fusco in Effigy.
Keep on wondering you IDIOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alessa likes woman beaters 29 min F Up 23
Alessa hogan 35 min F Up 10
Oneida County bed bugs in building. 1 hr Taxpayer 1
alysa delaney slutty drug addict 2 hr yourjoking 9
the clap running rampant in rome 2 hr otherthingstoo 6
Another post gone 3 hr need2know 4
What makes a person ugly 4 hr bouce back 7

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance