Transportation
No Bussing

Miami, FL

#1 Jun 26, 2014
Just found out there is no bussing for my student for RFA summer school??? ok.. but the superintendent can get a big a*** raise ??? Just wondering why I pay so many taxes and get little to nothing in return!
Smell My Azz

Boonville, NY

#2 Jun 26, 2014
Well thats alot of gas busing him/her from Miami FL to Rome NY..lol lol
Stungray

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jun 26, 2014
No Bussing wrote:
Just found out there is no bussing for my student for RFA summer school??? ok.. but the superintendent can get a big a*** raise ??? Just wondering why I pay so many taxes and get little to nothing in return!
Well...maybe if your kid took care of business during the regular year, you wouldn't be in this predicament. Typical Romans...want EVERYTHING handed to them, because "we pay so much in taxes!" It's summer time. It's YOUR responsibility to get your kid to and from any "additional" schooling he or she may need. I'm glad my tax dollars aren't going to summer transportation for kids (and their parents) who couldn't make the grade during the school year. Time to step up your parenting Mom!!
Mom

Rome, NY

#4 Jun 26, 2014
Stungray wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...maybe if your kid took care of business during the regular year, you wouldn't be in this predicament. Typical Romans...want EVERYTHING handed to them, because "we pay so much in taxes!" It's summer time. It's YOUR responsibility to get your kid to and from any "additional" schooling he or she may need. I'm glad my tax dollars aren't going to summer transportation for kids (and their parents) who couldn't make the grade during the school year. Time to step up your parenting Mom!!
Ok "stungray"... Some students need to attend school year round..including summer. They have individualized education plans that are in place because they show regression in academics, behaviors etc while not attending school. It is not attributed to laziness or lack of making the grade. This should be covered for some students, for example, special education students...kids with autism, downs, add, adhd, and other learning disabilities. Please dont generalize as students who attend summer school as being lazy. This is not always the case!

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#5 Jun 26, 2014
Thank's mom. Well spoken.

(what's for dinner?)
Stungray

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jun 26, 2014
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>Ok "stungray"... Some students need to attend school year round..including summer. They have individualized education plans that are in place because they show regression in academics, behaviors etc while not attending school. It is not attributed to laziness or lack of making the grade. This should be covered for some students, for example, special education students...kids with autism, downs, add, adhd, and other learning disabilities. Please dont generalize as students who attend summer school as being lazy. This is not always the case!
Look...I wasn't trying to "generalize" I also understand kids with disabilities, whatever it may be, need special attention. My gripe is this... The original poster makes a statement regarding "all the tax money they pay"... guess what...we all do! If one of my kids needed special education because of a medical issue, I WOULD NEVER make it somebody else's responsibility to get my kid to and from the "extra" care/school they need. That...is the parents responsibility!
Stungray

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jun 26, 2014
BTW...my wife being a Rome teacher, I know first hand the MAJORITY of the kids in summer school programs, are in fact lazy, undisciplined kids, who will most likely grow up being just like their lazy, undisciplined parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NYS pistol permit (Jan '10) 8 min Fact Is 35
Al Franken - Another liberal turd bites the dust 20 min DBpatton 6
Santa's Canceling - Fill In 4 U - Meet GOD 2Day 52 min they got him too 4
Missy danalaski 2 hr Trash 2
Nora degreoge (Apr '17) 5 hr Rome 15
Fazio's way overpriced 7 hr City Worker Idiot 12
We need a draft (Sep '16) 11 hr Karen-Rome NY 175

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance