Living off the grid
Eden

Rome, NY

#1 Mar 14, 2014
Our potential as a human race is quite extraordinary, we just don’t realize it. Sustainable living is not about giving up a certain lifestyle, can still have all the modern amenities, design and beyond. Living off the grid wouldn't be a problem, we have technologies that can generate over-unity power, we have technologies that can provide unlimited amounts of clean energy. I’m talking about free energy, which goes far beyond solar energy. We can have neighborhoods exactly like we do today, even better. They would be totally green, off the grid and self-sufficient.

The only problem with off the grid living is that corporations lose their ability to control others. With a completely self-sustaining life style, no body would ever have to work. What would happen then? Think about that for a moment. We would be free to expand and create, to discover our full potential as a race and move forward into the world of exploration and discovery, all the while living in harmony with nature, not against it.

We've accepted the monetary system, and deem it necessary for the proper function of society. Money doesn't ever have to come in the way of necessity, we've just been made to believe that it does. It’s time for the human race to move past the concepts of competition and greed into one that benefits the whole.
Im taking a ride

Penn Yan, NY

#2 Mar 14, 2014
This is the route I am going.
http://youtu.be/qghZ2ao7GKM

Trick is learn that you don't need all the crap they are selling to be happy.
Im taking a ride

Penn Yan, NY

#3 Mar 14, 2014
If your are scared of the link. Google build 14x14 solar cabin.

Since: Mar 14

Hamilton, NY

#4 Mar 14, 2014
Want to talk about living off the grid you should watch Railroad Alaska
Beans

Utica, NY

#5 Mar 15, 2014
the pancake grid?
Quana

Syracuse, NY

#6 Mar 15, 2014
Eden wrote:
Our potential as a human race is quite extraordinary, we just don’t realize it. Sustainable living is not about giving up a certain lifestyle, can still have all the modern amenities, design and beyond. Living off the grid wouldn't be a problem, we have technologies that can generate over-unity power, we have technologies that can provide unlimited amounts of clean energy. I’m talking about free energy, which goes far beyond solar energy. We can have neighborhoods exactly like we do today, even better. They would be totally green, off the grid and self-sufficient.
The only problem with off the grid living is that corporations lose their ability to control others. With a completely self-sustaining life style, no body would ever have to work. What would happen then? Think about that for a moment. We would be free to expand and create, to discover our full potential as a race and move forward into the world of exploration and discovery, all the while living in harmony with nature, not against it.
We've accepted the monetary system, and deem it necessary for the proper function of society. Money doesn't ever have to come in the way of necessity, we've just been made to believe that it does. It’s time for the human race to move past the concepts of competition and greed into one that benefits the whole.
You are Absolutley right, and it's amazing to know there still are sensible people in the crowds of sheeple who infest our society. Bravo!
Interesting Thought

Rome, NY

#7 Mar 15, 2014
I don't know, you 2 might be conspiracy theorists and are going against the grain of the sheeple lol I'm being sarcastic. Educating the sheeple is the only way to change the way things are...or a violent revolution. I don't care, either one. At least then we will be better off
Interesting Thought

Rome, NY

#8 Mar 15, 2014
I just read its illegal to not be hooked up to the grid in Florida. A community was just taking over by the police in Florida for not being hooked up to the grid. Yeah freedom in America right?...
high vibing

Rome, NY

#9 Mar 15, 2014
Interesting Thought wrote:
I just read its illegal to not be hooked up to the grid in Florida. A community was just taking over by the police in Florida for not being hooked up to the grid. Yeah freedom in America right?...
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/12/1...
Government is the problem

Rome, NY

#10 Mar 16, 2014
high vibing wrote:
So they are cracking down in 2 different states now, that we know of. Government is the problem, not the people!
anti-snow

Rome, NY

#11 Mar 16, 2014
NCISrome wrote:
Want to talk about living off the grid you should watch Railroad Alaska
Now that's some hardcore living!
Beans

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 18, 2014
gridley page?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post some old facts about Rome and lets see who... (May '11) 1 hr Arizona-Kid 388
elks 3 hr Trustee 23
fem here for guys 4 hr Pet 2
Good Gym in Rome? 4 hr Have To Admit 73
TS dealer tone rate 5 hr Webster 4
whos baby is it mike bakers or her husbands.Cry... 9 hr Pos 5
Andrea Hammers 9 hr SheNazty 12

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages