Lainy the dog STARVED TO DEATH!

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
madashell

Rome, NY

#1 May 20, 2013
I read so much anger and hate in this forum that I just don't understand. Now it's my turn. It takes a lot to make me mad, but tonight I could use a lot of words that a lady of my age shouldn't use. I can also understand wanting to cause another person to suffer excruciating pain.

Last night I read on Rome Humane Society's facebook page about a dog named Lainy that was rescued from a house in Camden. You really should go to that page and see her picture. There's also a picture on the Sentinel website. It'll tear your heart out. She was tied to a lawn chair, was starved from 45 to 15 pounds, and was surviving soley on rocks and grass. The starvation made her so weak that she couldn’t even withstand her own body weight. She also suffered from a serious eye ailment and her teeth were rotted.(Two puppies have also been seized)

Tonight I read that she had died on the way to the emergency vet.

So far they're not giving out the name of this @#@&#$hole. Is he being protected when he wouldn't protect this poor little dog? Well, at least Lainy isn't suffering anymore, and doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from.

Tonight, set out an extra bowl of food for your dog (or cat) in memory of Lainy. And give them a big hug to let them know you love them.
Jeannette

Watertown, NY

#3 May 20, 2013
Why wasn't this poor dog under the care of the HOSPITAL!! Having this poor girl under the care of the director, her brother and husband at the shelter??? Are you kidding me??
Larry

Utica, NY

#4 May 20, 2013
Tie that man to a lawn chair and feed him rocks and grass!! He left that dog defenseless!! If you won't take care of your pets then give them away or take them to a shelter. Putting them through that sort of torture is cruel and heartless.
who

Chittenango, NY

#6 May 21, 2013
Who is the owner?
Name the scumbag owner

United States

#7 May 21, 2013
If somebody reading this knows who the "owner" is, please name that person right now. Too many people cover up for these criminals, like the lazy incompetent judges and scumbag lawyers, for example. No God to be found when defenseless animals (or people) need saving. We've got to do it.

Name that worthless bastard. It's the LEAST we can do for Lainey.
Yes Name Him

Cortland, NY

#8 May 21, 2013
Someone has to know who this scumbag or scumbags are!
Check Camden Topicx Site

United States

#9 May 21, 2013
Somebody on Camden NY Topix should know more about this crime. Check there and tell them all what's on our minds about this disgusting sub-human that murdered that poor dog.
madashell

Rome, NY

#10 May 21, 2013
Lainy was not tied to a lawnchair. Her 2 puppies. were. I got it wrong. She had been found in a cage at the end of a driveway on Babcock Road in Camden.
The veterinarian's report shows Lainey had a fever, unkept hair and she was covered with dirt and hay. Lainey also suffered from tape worms.

From the Humane Society: "He didn't feed her for months. He didn't water her for months,That's not
just something you see from a day or two. This isn't just a week or two this is months of
walking past this dog.He would get out of his truck every day and walk past Lainey to get into his home knowing that this dog was starving. Crying, Lainey eating stones and grass to
try to survive. He was very aware of what was going on with her."

"Even though she was starving and so weak, every time she saw you she would light up, she would pick her head up and try to wag her tail."

From Kim Strong one of the volunteers: "When I look at that dog, I see the horrors that she
went through and the first thing she did when I met her was lick my hand. When I put her in
my arms to carry her out of that vet, she rested her head on my shoulder. So a dog that had
absolutely no reason in the world to trust human beings..trusted my shoulder and just melted
into my arms. And when I sat her in her crate here into a warm bed and all these fluffy
blankets that Josh had set up for her..she just rested for the first time."

One of the media sources said the owner was a 22 year old guy who said it wasn't his dog. Said it was his exe's.
And where was God

United States

#11 May 22, 2013
.... and where was God while that poor baby was dying? And we humans are supposed to give a damn about right and wrong, when God don't?

Just the same, that 22-year-old dog owner needs some karma, with interest.
Jeannette

Calgary, Canada

#12 May 22, 2013
Kim Strong is an attention grabbing b!tch!! No way she or the Humane Society should have been in possession of this dog. Around the clock care should have been done by trained emergency care physicians, not Kim Strong, Sarah and her brother and husband.
ash

United States

#13 May 22, 2013
on the camden ny topix site theres threads about this dog dying from neglect, and somebody said the owners name is ian west of camden. hes on a facebook search as

ian west camden
shelby

United States

#14 May 22, 2013
omg thats sad rip lainy
as it used to be

Blossvale, NY

#16 May 22, 2013
Jeannette, Rome Animal Hospital released Lainey to the Humane Society of Rome. Take it up with them.
And seriously, what's your problem?
Quit yer bitchin and your personal agenda.
Per Camden Topix forums http:
//www.topix.com/forum/city/cam den-ny/TV747DDSI5VUP3G8I/p2
Dog Killer: Ian West
Dog Killer girlfriend: Kirstie Cobey
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ian.west.92372
Note the toddler on the Facebook page. Hope it fares better.
Jeannette

Nassau, NY

#17 May 22, 2013
as it used to be wrote:
Jeannette, Rome Animal Hospital released Lainey to the Humane Society of Rome. Take it up with them.
And seriously, what's your problem?
Quit yer bitchin and your personal agenda.
Per Camden Topix forums http:
//www.topix.com/forum/city/cam den-ny/TV747DDSI5VUP3G8I/p2
Dog Killer: Ian West
Dog Killer girlfriend: Kirstie Cobey
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ian.west.92372
Note the toddler on the Facebook page. Hope it fares better.
My problem is that I know the HSR is using this to try to turn around their very tarnished image and using this poor dog to try to do that. Everyone bitches about Kim Strong and we all know she's an attention grabber. Lets not even get into the family affair. Im sure Sarah's brother Josh crapped his pants when he saw Lainey.
impartial

Syracuse, NY

#18 May 22, 2013
to bad girl in picture couldnt have taken one of her cheap ass rings of and hocked it for some dog food sub humans like these dont deserve children great role model 5000 bail must have had same judge as trentons randasshole
The Both Of Them

Cortland, NY

#19 May 22, 2013
They both must be charged and their kids taken away too!!!!!!!!!!
as it used to be

Blossvale, NY

#20 May 23, 2013
Jeannette wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem is that I know the HSR is using this to try to turn around their very tarnished image and using this poor dog to try to do that. Everyone bitches about Kim Strong and we all know she's an attention grabber. Lets not even get into the family affair. Im sure Sarah's brother Josh crapped his pants when he saw Lainey.
And you are using a poor dead dog to do what exactly? Make sure the image stays tarnished?

I don't see *everyone* bitching about Kim Strong or snarking about some family affair. Truthfully, I don't care.

I'd rather see energy directed to making sure Ian West & his live-in GF are prosecuted to the fullest extent and to petion for and support the passage of "Lainey's Law" .
animal and child abuse

Cortland, NY

#21 May 23, 2013
Child services needs to look into this immediately (someone mentioned they have children), it has been statistically proven that people who abuse/neglect animals will do it to children too. Based on the absolute cruelty of this case, any children should be removed immediately.
Jeannette

Methuen, MA

#22 May 23, 2013
All I know is that Sarah has put dogs down for less. Lainey should have been put down peacefully. Of course this guy is a monster. But what the HSR did is just as bad.
another post

Cortland, NY

#25 May 23, 2013
Another post just said he works at Camden Wire. Is this true?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why John Nash will no longer be on the Council (Apr '13) 1 hr Rafe Hollister 25
Rome ymca 4 hr Please 13
stand up to ISIS 4 hr Clyde mosher 2
why women get honk at by cars 4 hr heeheehe 7
Dog breeders near Rome NY 5 hr options 9
Enough with the 2 hour delays 6 hr Sad 58
Woodhaven buyout by City Hall 10 hr AKA1492 3
Rome Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web