Coach Swavely
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Homer

New Hartford, NY

#1 Dec 17, 2013
Any more news on his fat ass resigning or being fired? I heard Byron Abraham is interested in coaching Proctor. Please Rome, get rid of Swavely and start fresh.
Champs

New Hartford, NY

#2 Dec 17, 2013
I was wondering this too.
snake

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 22, 2013
hire an nfl coach
uh oh

Rome, NY

#4 Jan 12, 2014
Well, it looks like Swave is back for the upcoming football season. Mays left, and they are bringing up the freshman head coach. WTF. I understand there was a spark this past season, I saw it, but Swavely isn't the guy to get it done. Easily could have won 4 or 5 games this season, but he doesn't have the discipline to coach. Good guy, but not a good varsity football head coach.
FAT BOLE

Utica, NY

#5 Jan 12, 2014
fire him soon!
gonna lose more

Oneida, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2014
they will lose more than last year because kids won't play with him coaching! They hate his coaching and so did the parents! I am not even a parent or a relative just a taxpayer that enjoyed the games and saw all the parents complaining every game about him. He really is a useless coach. He has no ethics as a coach and only plays kids that have parents that he went to school with or he has connections to the family and I know this FIRST HAND TRUST ME!! HE IS TERRIBLE!! He they let him back.. they won't have a program the following year because they definitely won't have enough players for a team! People already hate him. I thought there was talk about another roman.. corigliano possibly doing it... no???? Or was that talk?
LOSERS

Utica, NY

#7 Jan 14, 2014
THEY WILL GO DEFEATED IN 2014 0-8
formerplayer

Liverpool, NY

#8 Jan 14, 2014
You all are disrespectful finger pointers. You complain about Coach on here all the time and maybe, just maybe, all the blame doesn't lay with him. If the talent isn't there, it doesn't matter who the coach is, the team won't be successful. People are claiming that the "kids don't want to play for him" and "there won't be a team." This is true because the lack of work ethic from the kids. There are a lot of variables that play into this, and as someone who has played for Coach Swaves, he is an amazing coach. Stop bashing and try supporting the team. A little community support goes along way, folks.
Wow

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2014
Oh the talents there, the coach is worthless!! It's true, he only plays his favorites while there is plenty of talent on the sidelines. Fire his ass!!
block

Rome, NY

#10 Jan 14, 2014
Who's the talent on the sideline?
Gilbert

Holyoke, MA

#11 Jan 14, 2014
I played for 'coach' swaverly as well, and while I will admit the talent pool has been light lately, it is his job as the head coach of a prominent local football team to develop that talent instead of cry about not having the pool of kids they did in the 80's or 90's. that's what good coaches do. They develop their players through strength, conditioning and above all, leadership, none of which he is capable delivering or achieving. You, like him, were most likely a second string fat kid, with a blind loyalty and not enough smarts to know when to call it quits. He's had his time now it's time for a change
Proctor

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2014
I think with the talent from jv coming up they will do good especially if when they get that youngg blackk runnning back ; i think his number was 22 anf hes quick and has reeally good cuts . Has the speed to run away from defenders he will be a greatt add on to varsity . Him and that varsity runningbackk willbwin a championship
saywhat

Sherburne, NY

#13 Jan 14, 2014
formerplayer wrote:
You all are disrespectful finger pointers. You complain about Coach on here all the time and maybe, just maybe, all the blame doesn't lay with him. If the talent isn't there, it doesn't matter who the coach is, the team won't be successful. People are claiming that the "kids don't want to play for him" and "there won't be a team." This is true because the lack of work ethic from the kids. There are a lot of variables that play into this, and as someone who has played for Coach Swaves, he is an amazing coach. Stop bashing and try supporting the team. A little community support goes along way, folks.
this sounds like something a fellow coach would say that is from syracuse area. like maybe one that also gets alot of negative feedback on here medicis. but i have to say you got lucky with your beaver tooth kid this year, without him and that giant you have nobody hands down!
saywhat

Sherburne, NY

#14 Jan 14, 2014
Proctor wrote:
I think with the talent from jv coming up they will do good especially if when they get that youngg blackk runnning back ; i think his number was 22 anf hes quick and has reeally good cuts . Has the speed to run away from defenders he will be a greatt add on to varsity . Him and that varsity runningbackk willbwin a championship
He had players like that on the bench this year. Reed could run circles around anyone as could that new kid cowell. They had the same kids running the same plays every game. no wonder they couldnt win... everyone knew their goto guys. They had other guys on the bench that had speed faster than you can imagine! There was one kid I saw in practice one time that out ran the whole team. The coach is a WASTE !!!
uh oh

Rome, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2014
saywhat wrote:
<quoted text>
He had players like that on the bench this year. Reed could run circles around anyone as could that new kid cowell. They had the same kids running the same plays every game. no wonder they couldnt win... everyone knew their goto guys. They had other guys on the bench that had speed faster than you can imagine! There was one kid I saw in practice one time that out ran the whole team. The coach is a WASTE !!!
His fastest kids on the team were JOSH REED and brad d....They won section III championships for track this year. They received a commendation from the city of rome & noted by the Rome Hall of Fame, along with a trophy. KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....HE DID PLAY HIS FASTEST KIDS, AND MOST TALENTED KIDS. He tried lindell. he's just not as good. POP WARNER IS DIFFERENT THAN VASITY FOOTBALL, you have to work hard to succeed, not just show up like some of the kids you guys are talking about. The line was the best he had on the team also, 3 of them won 1st team in the division, and one 2nd team. The running back, brad d, won 2nd Team running back, as a sophomore, outscored the team, and had more yds per carry than anyone else. Most kids don't want to put in the effort or to get to the gym and work to get better. Alex Todd was the strongest kid on the team, but rarely played. He did pretty well when he was in too I think. The only place that was hurting were the corners. We got burned almost every game in the air, because it was our weakest point on d. Lindell & Brian were good at lb, but the corners stunk. I hate to say it for personal reasons, but I think coach bev should teach the varsity corners, I have seen him in practice and he knows his shit. With Mays gone, its gonna be horrific. The team was 2-1 last year and Swave changed the WHOLE TOTAL OFFENSE on Monday for a Friday game. Along with 50% of the defense! Then the season and 4 months of work and learning went down the drain. It's not just the coach, but success and failure come from the top. PS....Those two kids on jv wont even start on varsity, I know who ur talking about, and I think ur are jaquans father...u think he's the best player in the country, him and his buddy Curtis are each others biggest fans. They can be good contributers in the future of the program though, if they work hard and stay out of trouble. But to be honest with you, those are the poster kids that the community talks about when the say the football team boys are arrogant and disrespectful. My kid is done this year, and it is bitter sweet. Bitter, because we love watching him play, sweet, because this nonsense is behind us now. Good luck future RFA!
RFA alum

United States

#16 Jan 15, 2014
uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>
His fastest kids on the team were JOSH REED and brad d....They won section III championships for track this year. They received a commendation from the city of rome & noted by the Rome Hall of Fame, along with a trophy. KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT....HE DID PLAY HIS FAiSTEST KIDS, AND MOST TALENTED KIDS. He tried lindell. he's just not as good. POP WARNER IS DIFFERENT THAN VASITY FOOTBALL, you have to work hard to succeed, not just show up like some of the kids you guys are talking about. The line was the best he had on the team also, 3 of them won 1st team in the division, and one 2nd team. The running back, brad d, won 2nd Team running back, as a sophomore, outscored the team, and had more yds per carry than anyone else. Most kids don't want to put in the effort or to get to the gym and work to get better. Alex Todd was the strongest kid on the team, but rarely played. He did pretty well when he was in too I think. The only place that was hurting were the corners. We got burned almost every game in the air, because it was our weakest point on d. Lindell & Brian were good at lb, but the corners stunk. I hate to say it for personal reasons, but I think coach bev should teach the varsity corners, I have seen him in practice and he knows his shit. With Mays gone, its gonna be horrific. The team was 2-1 last year and Swave changed the WHOLE TOTAL OFFENSE on Monday for a Friday game. Along with 50% of the defense! Then the season and 4 months of work and learning went down the drain. It's not just the coach, but success and failure come from the top. PS....Those two kids on jv wont even start on varsity, I know who ur talking about, and I think ur are jaquans father...u think he's the best player in the country, him and his buddy Curtis are each others biggest fans. They can be good contributers in the future of the program though, if they work hard and stay out of trouble. But to be honest with you, those are the poster kids that the community talks about when the say the football team boys are arrogant and disrespectful. My kid is done this year, and it is bitter sweet. Bitter, because we love watching him play, sweet, because this nonsense is behind us now. Good luck future RFA!
I will agree with you to the aspect of the team running the same plays and your right some dont try hard enough but how can they win if they go the last 3 games with half pads and the majority of the team was hurt. What they need is to really play like a team and stop letting the community talk about them and their coach. Did they have talent yes but was the talent used to their potential. I notice that you named Josh R and Brad D which are good athletes but on the field tthey had no help. Iwent to every game and I saw Josh get looked at but nothing came to him cause the QB telegraphes his passes. Brad did outstanding as a sophmore but as much as his dad says and complains takes the spotlight off of him. A Todd was a beast on the field cant take that away from him. Lindell did his job on Defense but they should of let him run tailback too. A 1-2 punch would of been great. 2 rbs with different styles. I also noticed you said that Jaquans father may of written the post.I for one can tell you that he didnt write this cause he and his son are humble and he congratulates every player on all teams. His son is also respectful. As fot Curtis I dont know much abt him or his family so i eont comment on him. Hopefully by your last few lines saying that them boys are poster children for the trouble in this community you should have facts before you put other parents children down. Hopefully you sleep good after your post cause you started off on football but ended up sounding like a bitter parent.All I can say is that the upcoming season will be another improvement
Rome select

Oneida, NY

#17 Jan 15, 2014
You guys should be ashamed of your selfs for naming these KIDS on here. I know everyone of them and they all are great athletes that work very hard every year putting in work to get ready for the season. Remember instead of complaining step up and help out. Pop Warner and Stan Evans always need help
RFA alum

United States

#18 Jan 15, 2014
This is in regards to what Uh oh said. I find it amusing that the writer( we al know who you are) goes on to say my son is disrespectful and is a poster child for problems in this community. Fact number 1 is that he has never been in trouble, Professional people speak very highly of him, dedicates his time volunteering at a church, and does very well in school. Fact number 2I dont say how good my son is, other parents, teachers and coaches and teamates inform me of what he does or did. Dont get me wrong like any other parent I will say my son is good but I teach him humbleness. Its funny though you of all people are not a trrue fan of the team. Your'e whats called a bleecher coach, talking about what you would do if you were coach. The same old song and dance since pop warner. Its time to grow up stop living your glory days through your child. Let him be himself, you had your time. Its funny how I never post on this garbage sight but when my son ccame to me and showed me this I had to respond.What you did to name children saying that they are trouble and saying that another one isnt good in football is ignorant. Take a look in the mirror and say Damn Im Stupid for picking on a child. I for one dont care abt who the coach is or if they win or lose. I just want my son to be the best that he can be and have love for the game of football and maybe just maybe him and his teamates win a championship and further their careers.
uh oh

Rome, NY

#19 Jan 15, 2014
RFA alum wrote:
<quoted text> I will agree with you to the aspect of the team running the same plays and your right some dont try hard enough but how can they win if they go the last 3 games with half pads and the majority of the team was hurt. What they need is to really play like a team and stop letting the community talk about them and their coach. Did they have talent yes but was the talent used to their potential. I notice that you named Josh R and Brad D which are good athletes but on the field tthey had no help. Iwent to every game and I saw Josh get looked at but nothing came to him cause the QB telegraphes his passes. Brad did outstanding as a sophmore but as much as his dad says and complains takes the spotlight off of him. A Todd was a beast on the field cant take that away from him. Lindell did his job on Defense but they should of let him run tailback too. A 1-2 punch would of been great. 2 rbs with different styles. I also noticed you said that Jaquans father may of written the post.I for one can tell you that he didnt write this cause he and his son are humble and he congratulates every player on all teams. His son is also respectful. As fot Curtis I dont know much abt him or his family so i eont comment on him. Hopefully by your last few lines saying that them boys are poster children for the trouble in this community you should have facts before you put other parents children down. Hopefully you sleep good after your post cause you started off on football but ended up sounding like a bitter parent.All I can say is that the upcoming season will be another improvement
Agreed, no disrespect. Him and his father are good people, though I have never spoken to him directly. Seems like a good guy, and a talented kid. Still hope RFA bounces back.
formerplayer

Liverpool, NY

#20 Jan 15, 2014
Gilbert wrote:
I played for 'coach' swaverly as well, and while I will admit the talent pool has been light lately, it is his job as the head coach of a prominent local football team to develop that talent instead of cry about not having the pool of kids they did in the 80's or 90's. that's what good coaches do. They develop their players through strength, conditioning and above all, leadership, none of which he is capable delivering or achieving. You, like him, were most likely a second string fat kid, with a blind loyalty and not enough smarts to know when to call it quits. He's had his time now it's time for a change
I was a starter, "Gilbert," and you are correct that is what good coaches do, but if the players don't want to put in the effort, then the program won't. succeed. Blind loyalty, no, but loyal to a coach who taught me a lot about not just being a player, but being a good sportsman and teammate. A coach who was there for myself and the other players whenever we needed him, yes. From the negativity and pointed remarks you made, really seem to me you we a lazy bench rider who is still spiteful he didn't play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rome is a great city 47 min Seriously YOUR S... 10
Trumps comments 56 min Trumpster 3
billie ho young is a cry baby 1 hr tara 1
What Happened to the Steven/Tabatha Thread? 4 hr Hmm 9
Taberg couple facing drug charges following yea... 4 hr matt 14
Best apartments 4 hr Thegoodlife 5
cut out food stamps and the welfares will leave... 5 hr Cantwaittoleave 4
Izzo corupt ??? Wed Ting Tang 25

Rome Jobs

More from around the web