LaRoma Pizzeria, and the Big Bread sa...

LaRoma Pizzeria, and the Big Bread sandwich

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Luke

New York, NY

#1 Mar 31, 2009
This place has seen better days. I don't mind paying $7.00 for a sandwich if it has some substance to it, but I bought an eggplant parm sub and it was practically nothing but bread. No mozzerella to be found. No sauce, very dry. The sandwich, 1 1/2 pounds of wings(9 wings), elery and bleu cheese, and one 2oz. container of hot sauce, and one of bleu cheese. And 2 plain dried out plain pizza slices.$27.00. If the food was good, no problem, but they just blatantly rip you off. Fool me once, shame on you! And only once!
Nice going Russ! Your greed knows no boundries.
Domino Boy

New York, NY

#3 Mar 31, 2009
Laroma's has allways been a ripoff. The owners eyes are shaped like 2 dollar signs. $$
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#4 Mar 31, 2009
Where is the best pizza deal in Rome?
Pizza fanatic

New York, NY

#5 Mar 31, 2009
It depends. If you want slices I recommend Boys from Italy, If you want a one stop shop for pizza and wings, I recommend LaRomas. If you want really good pizza and wings, go to Pepis in Oneida, and well if you want the real deal drive to Buffalo.
frozen komquat

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 31, 2009
On an average our office spent about $60. a week ordering delivery there,also each one of us went there often enough that they knew who we where. .The icing on the cake was when the owners daugther charged $3.00 for 6 paper plates and napkins in our delivery. Well that was the last time they did that,or should I say it was the last time we did that.
Italian Boy

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 31, 2009
Pizza fanatic wrote:
It depends. If you want slices I recommend Boys from Italy, If you want a one stop shop for pizza and wings, I recommend LaRomas. If you want really good pizza and wings, go to Pepis in Oneida, and well if you want the real deal drive to Buffalo.
Boys from Italy, come on! That is nasty. You are in Oriskany brother, go to Capri's. Great food, great prices and owner is a gentleman!

Yes, LaRoma is becoming a RIP OFF. Funny, prices on gas are back down, delivery is still up. Prices on milk and cheese, back down, prices still up.
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#8 Mar 31, 2009
frozen komquat
60 a week is a big order to loose, They should be giving you specials for being a loyal customer

Pizza fanatic
I never had Pepis is it thin crust or pan? Priced reasonable?
Idiot

New York, NY

#10 Mar 31, 2009
Don't forget guys, the price is marked up at minimum 3 dollars for the driver for any delivery. Any tip above that is added to the 3+ dollars.
Karen

New York, NY

#11 Mar 31, 2009
I ordered from the Garage and when it came the driver said $42.00 please! One pizza and 5 pounds of wings?? I told him I didn't order.
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#12 Apr 1, 2009
I didn't know about the 3-dollar mark up. Does this mean we are double tipping.
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#13 Apr 1, 2009
MOM,MA,ME,A----42 meatballs is a lot
He must have argued with you to pay for it?
Karen wrote:
I ordered from the Garage and when it came the driver said $42.00 please! One pizza and 5 pounds of wings?? I told him I didn't order.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#14 Apr 1, 2009
Alls I know is there used to be this younger Italian girl, long black hair, knock out, working there. Haven't seen here there in awhile and the pizza doesn't taste as good when she doesn't serve it.
pizza fanatic

New York, NY

#15 Apr 1, 2009
Y Baby Y wrote:
frozen komquat
60 a week is a big order to loose, They should be giving you specials for being a loyal customer
Pizza fanatic
I never had Pepis is it thin crust or pan? Priced reasonable?
thin crust, price is average for a pizza place. It is well worth it to try it at least once.
pizza fanatic

New York, NY

#16 Apr 1, 2009
Italian Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Boys from Italy, come on! That is nasty. You are in Oriskany brother, go to Capri's. Great food, great prices and owner is a gentleman!
Yes, LaRoma is becoming a RIP OFF. Funny, prices on gas are back down, delivery is still up. Prices on milk and cheese, back down, prices still up.
I agree with you on Capri but not the pizza. They have the best calzones. Pizza is good but I prefer their calzones.
pizza fanatic

New York, NY

#17 Apr 1, 2009
Karen wrote:
Not only are they expensive but I hear their pizza is very greasy.
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#18 Apr 1, 2009
Are them calzones good for the price or is the taste better?
pizza fanatic wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on Capri but not the pizza. They have the best calzones. Pizza is good but I prefer their calzones.
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#19 Apr 1, 2009
I agree with that and I would add it taste better when someone else is buying
collier wrote:
Alls I know is there used to be this younger Italian girl, long black hair, knock out, working there. Haven't seen here there in awhile and the pizza doesn't taste as good when she doesn't serve it.
pizza fanatic

New York, NY

#20 Apr 1, 2009
Y Baby Y wrote:
Are them calzones good for the price or is the taste better?
<quoted text>
Both, Price is right and they taste good.
Y Baby Y

Fayetteville, NY

#21 Apr 1, 2009
I will have to try it when I am out that way.
pizza fanatic wrote:
<quoted text>
Both, Price is right and they taste good.
Pizza guy

Ithaca, NY

#23 Apr 1, 2009
pizza fanatic wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are they expensive but I hear their pizza is very greasy.
If you DON'T like greasy pizza, you don't KNOW pizza. NYC pizza and in Jersey they are all greasy, the best in the world. As for LaRomas there prices went up alot and there product went down. If you think Russ is a cheap guy try working for him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rite aid pharmacy 38 min Allison 5
Free food in rome? 50 min Troll 15
Twizted ink? 50 min Biteme 4
Buyers Be Beware of the Ripoff Swindlers at Uva... 1 hr Be Be Be Be Be Be... 10
memorial day week-end , seeking ms nancy tucker 2 hr Bizarre Tales and... 2
Slow Night on Topix? Izzo Griffo TonyD Buttafuc... 2 hr Delete Another On... 1
Hey Hilliary! 2 hr LLL 1

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance