barbara castle

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

is it possible that this may have something to do with PROJECT "MK-ULTRA"?
just saying

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

He is a complete scum. Stealing from his own family so he could shoot up!!!!
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Ignorant?? Really "sad" that's what you think I am? Well I decided to do you a favor and look up the definition of "suicide" for you, because you clearly do not know what it means. According to the Marrian-Webster (2013) dictionary, suicide is "the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally". This young man, whom I do not know intentionally took HIS own life!! How can you blame the CO for something they did not do. Did the CO hold the bed sheet over his trachea cutting off oxygen supply to his brain causing asphyxiation? No they did not, HE did it to himself. I'm sorry to say it, but it seems as though this individual had some long-going mental issues he needed to deal with and get help for. The metaphor you used comparing this 19-year old inmate to an innocent baby is quite comical. This young man is not an innocent baby. An innocent baby cannot commit sin. They do not know any better and an individual's brain does not fully develop until the age of 7 and completely until 18 (hence the use of the word "minor") And hate to break it to you but I'm actually not a CO. I'm a 24 year old with their Master's Degree working in healthcare if you really want to know. But I'm assuming you're friends with this young man who committed suicide? I'm not here to disrespect him and honestly I am sorry for your loss, however blaming someone for something he did to himself will not bring him back. Anger denial and blame are all part of the grieving process, however it is not right for you to point hands to the men and woman who have to watch sex offenders murderers and other criminals hours upon hours a day and putting up with their BS as their job. This young many obviously committed suicide when the CO was watching another inmate (they continuously have to do "rounds" or "tours" to watch a majority of inmates). There is like 1 CO to 40-60 inmates, so I'm sure it's tough to watch all of them. Again, I'm sorry for your loss if you knew the young man, but stop pointing fingers and blaming OCJ for something he did to himself and clearly would have done when he got out of jail anyways...
The enforcer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

Jail and prisons were created to place individuals who violate the law. These places are not to be a pleasant or a welcoming place for people. So for all you people who say the jail is a bad place well here’s a shocker your right. The “guards” are officer who put their life and safety out on the line every day to protect the community from these violators. You can talk all sorts of trash about these officers but next time you walk outside your house and you notice the local drug dealer on the streets or, child molester who hangs out at the park , or anyone who make the community unsafe is gone remember where they are, and remember how they made you scared! It’s thanks to the brave men and woman who spend their day looking over these inmates in order to keep our everyday lives in order, so that you can feel safe taking your children to the park or walk out of your house. It’s not the officer’s fault for your lost but they are not the ones in fault. If the kid couldn’t handle being in jail then he shouldn’t have committed the crime. If the kid was truly good kid who got caught up in the wrong crowd then his family should be blamed for not being there for him and guiding in the right path.
the enforcer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Suicide Prevention - NYC.gov
jkl

Marcy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2013

MOST Corrections Officers are parasite, civil servants.

Bottom line.

Whether it be County Jail or State Prison.

The power they have over the inmates is often times abused, it is a fact. No one can argue that.

If my teenage son came to me and said "Mom, I d like to go to the academy and be a Corrections Officer"....

I would take him to a doctor to have his head examined.
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2013

Judged:

Someone has to watch these scum holes that commit crime...
Sad

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Lady Ga Ga wrote:
Ignorant?? Really "sad" that's what you think I am? Well I decided to do you a favor and look up the definition of "suicide" for you, because you clearly do not know what it means. According to the Marrian-Webster (2013) dictionary, suicide is "the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally". This young man, whom I do not know intentionally took HIS own life!! How can you blame the CO for something they did not do. Did the CO hold the bed sheet over his trachea cutting off oxygen supply to his brain causing asphyxiation? No they did not, HE did it to himself. I'm sorry to say it, but it seems as though this individual had some long-going mental issues he needed to deal with and get help for. The metaphor you used comparing this 19-year old inmate to an innocent baby is quite comical. This young man is not an innocent baby. An innocent baby cannot commit sin. They do not know any better and an individual's brain does not fully develop until the age of 7 and completely until 18 (hence the use of the word "minor") And hate to break it to you but I'm actually not a CO. I'm a 24 year old with their Master's Degree working in healthcare if you really want to know. But I'm assuming you're friends with this young man who committed suicide? I'm not here to disrespect him and honestly I am sorry for your loss, however blaming someone for something he did to himself will not bring him back. Anger denial and blame are all part of the grieving process, however it is not right for you to point hands to the men and woman who have to watch sex offenders murderers and other criminals hours upon hours a day and putting up with their BS as their job. This young many obviously committed suicide when the CO was watching another inmate (they continuously have to do "rounds" or "tours" to watch a majority of inmates). There is like 1 CO to 40-60 inmates, so I'm sure it's tough to watch all of them. Again, I'm sorry for your loss if you knew the young man, but stop pointing fingers and blaming OCJ for something he did to himself and clearly would have done when he got out of jail anyways...
Well yes indeed the co's are to blame. I'm not pointing fingers just stating the truth. And you work in healthcare? No wonder our healthcare has gone to hell. When you're in the healthcare business you're supposed to have human compassion. To talk the way you do shows your lack of human compassion. A masters drgree? I hardly think so. Someone with a masters degree would have more brains than to talk crap like you've been spilling.
really

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Sad wrote:
<quoted text>Well yes indeed the co's are to blame. I'm not pointing fingers just stating the truth. And you work in healthcare? No wonder our healthcare has gone to hell. When you're in the healthcare business you're supposed to have human compassion. To talk the way you do shows your lack of human compassion. A masters drgree? I hardly think so. Someone with a masters degree would have more brains than to talk crap like you've been spilling.
Ditto! Right up
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Talking crap? How have I been talking crap when I've been speaking the truth. Dylan is the one who killed himself, not the guard. Also he was off suicide-watch FYI !!!!! And your issues with the healthcare do not come from me hunny, they come from the government. I don't make the rules and regulations. And I don't show compassion? Well that's funny because I work in a Nursing Home with the elderly population and the residents and co-workers can highly attest that I do infact have more passion than you probably have in your 5th digit (in dumbed-down terms that means your pinky finger!)
biotchw

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Lady Ga Ga wrote:
Talking crap? How have I been talking crap when I've been speaking the truth. Dylan is the one who killed himself, not the guard. Also he was off suicide-watch FYI !!!!! And your issues with the healthcare do not come from me hunny, they come from the government. I don't make the rules and regulations. And I don't show compassion? Well that's funny because I work in a Nursing Home with the elderly population and the residents and co-workers can highly attest that I do infact have more passion than you probably have in your 5th digit (in dumbed-down terms that means your pinky finger!)
I highly doubt it...what happened to PROTECT AND TO SERVE and what elder care facility do you work at as I do not want to send anyone I love there
biotch2

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

biotchw wrote:
<quoted text>I highly doubt it...what happened to PROTECT AND TO SERVE and what elder care facility do you work at as I do not want to send anyone I love there
Exactly!!!!!
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

lol I don't whipe butts for a living, but nice assumption. I know knowledge and education is something that you lack, so I forgive you. Regardless of what I do or what you may do (or most likely what you don't do haha) I'm right,and you have nothing else to argue, thus why you're changing the subject. End of story!:-)
well lady goo goo

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Ok lady goo goo...what do you do at the nursing homes...wipe butts...
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

therapy FYI
luckylady

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

Yup Karma wrote:
Well hate to burst your bubbles. Dylan was a wonderful person. Sure he had some problems but that don;t make him a scum. And I'll bet all you big mouths are probably some of OCJ's finest. Yeah those guards did wrong. He was on suicide watch and with that they should have watched him. But no they didn't. They were too busy bull$hitting. They should loose their jobs. R.I.P. Dylan. God Bless You.
The Cos did their jobs. It was mental Health that didnt do their job. It not the Cos fault that mental health cleared him from strip and placed him in a pod.
cuckoos nest

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

its the parents fault and should be held fully accountable.
Charly

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

Its jail. Ive seen COs get in front of inmates with weapons to protect other inmates. Im a convict i hate them b***** but they got a crappy job. You got ur good and ur bad just like any other business. And it is a business
kings

Weedsport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2014

I was the one who watched him hang himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
paul core (Apr '13) 2 hr Was perttnelly 12
Rome legion's M3 Stuart Tank (Oct '13) 4 hr Abramstank19k 125
martin court annsville 4 hr mmm 2
Who died on Lake delta 5 hr Eric Cartman 57
todd baker fight 5 hr worm bait 10
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 6 hr sdd 755
Historic house JAMES ST 6 hr wow 23
Raspberry's at Friendly's 9 hr Habanero Harv 64
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••