Fusco cuts Flowers in Rome

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
City Yard

Oneida, NY

#1 Mar 17, 2012
Hows that ? He puts Ace Hardware store owner on his transition team of nit wits and then screws him out if flower sales. Wonder what Ace Hardware thinks tonight? lol
Can't let volunteers do the work nit wit- our union own the work.
Better do your homework big mouth or have your research people get to work a little earlier before you embarrass your self more. The Oneida playground boy dropped the ball too.
Fusco freaks.
Helen Wheels

Oneida, NY

#2 Mar 17, 2012
He wants the city to look just like his palace on Liberty Street. Put some used stockade fencing up and have some derelict paint a flower mural on it. No fuss no muss.
Roman

New Hartford, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2012
Love it!
progress

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 18, 2012
I am so happy ,i hope he cuts all the beatify rome brown B.S..It made me siker than sick looking at all that young labor sitting in the middle of the blvd planting flowers?I did not care who did this it was abig waste of money,dont give me the grant bs could use a grant for better things.I am liking what i hear from the fusco ad.maybe this town does have a chance.If anyone wants to beatify rome lower our ballon taxes.next stop using cold patch and filling the same hole every year .Cold patch costs more than hot stuff.But it would put JR out of a milk job over and over and over ,those holes are costing us a fortune.Fill once with real asphalt and job over,no union workers redundancy.Yeah what do those old garbage workers do now,no one was ever laid off.I will tell u they hide in the race building and try to look busy JOe please look at this too many not needed bodys.Learn from Utica dont wait till we need a 20 percent raise.The city is alredy taking hard working peoples houses for one yars taxes.LOWER them like u said get rid of the pop drinkers that do not much but complain their in a union.Us homeowners should make the tax union.
educated

Utica, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2012
progress wrote:
I am so happy ,i hope he cuts all the beatify rome brown B.S..It made me siker than sick looking at all that young labor sitting in the middle of the blvd planting flowers?I did not care who did this it was abig waste of money,dont give me the grant bs could use a grant for better things.I am liking what i hear from the fusco ad.maybe this town does have a chance.If anyone wants to beatify rome lower our ballon taxes.next stop using cold patch and filling the same hole every year .Cold patch costs more than hot stuff.But it would put JR out of a milk job over and over and over ,those holes are costing us a fortune.Fill once with real asphalt and job over,no union workers redundancy.Yeah what do those old garbage workers do now,no one was ever laid off.I will tell u they hide in the race building and try to look busy JOe please look at this too many not needed bodys.Learn from Utica dont wait till we need a 20 percent raise.The city is alredy taking hard working peoples houses for one yars taxes.LOWER them like u said get rid of the pop drinkers that do not much but complain their in a union.Us homeowners should make the tax union.
My only question is if you also live in a dump? Only a scummer would care so little about their city and the message it conveys to potential developers and businesses. Utica has been on a negative path for many years. There is no comparison. The city has a low income population and many refugees...thus a small tax base. The small amount you may save on flowers is trivial. Lets hope the new mayor has better things to worry about-and that he actually understands the concept of fiscal management. It seems he has way too much time on his hands if he is focusing on this....micromanagement or just plain dumb?
hammering hank

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Mar 18, 2012
progress wrote:
I am so happy ,i hope he cuts all the beatify rome brown B.S..It made me siker than sick looking at all that young labor sitting in the middle of the blvd planting flowers?I did not care who did this it was abig waste of money,dont give me the grant bs could use a grant for better things.I am liking what i hear from the fusco ad.maybe this town does have a chance.If anyone wants to beatify rome lower our ballon taxes.next stop using cold patch and filling the same hole every year .Cold patch costs more than hot stuff.But it would put JR out of a milk job over and over and over ,those holes are costing us a fortune.Fill once with real asphalt and job over,no union workers redundancy.Yeah what do those old garbage workers do now,no one was ever laid off.I will tell u they hide in the race buildimng and try to look busy JOe please look at this too many not needed bodys.Learn from Utica dont wait till we need a 20 percent raise.The city is alredy taking hard working peoples houses for one yars taxes.LOWER them like u said get rid of the pop drinkers that do not much but complain their in a union.Us homeowners should make the tax union.
My 8yr old can spell better and make more sense then u did out of this post. seriously
Union Man

Long Eddy, NY

#7 Mar 18, 2012
He had to pay for the lawyers sexatery with the money saved!
Union Man

Long Eddy, NY

#8 Mar 18, 2012
hammering hank wrote:
<quoted text>
My 8yr old can spell better and make more sense then u did out of this post. seriously
Is he on Joeys Transistin team! Joey can use him!
GAIL

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 18, 2012
JOE HATES FLOWERS HE DIDN'T LIKE THEM WHEN JAMES WAS MAYOR! NO FLOWERS THIS YEAR!
ROCCO

Utica, NY

#10 Apr 18, 2012
it will look ugly now!
Real Deal in Rome

Dover, DE

#11 Apr 18, 2012
he can always get them from the church for free & donate to the city for a tax write off!
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Apr 18, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
it will look ugly now!
Rome always looks ugly. Now it'll just be ugly-without flowers
whatever

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Apr 18, 2012
I actually am glad he did. We need to get rid of deadbeat landlords... Scumbags that live off of our taxpayer money and get the crime out of Rome. A relative lives on Thomas st of my bf and they have been trying for almost 2 yrs to her their sidewalk finished and the tree stumps out that mayor brown had ordered cut. The result.... Mayor fusco has been in office for 3 months and the stumps have been removed and the sidewalk is to soon begin. According to my bf relatives and their neighbors... Mayor fusco cares about west Rome too... Not just north Rome and city hall like brown did. That guy was a real politician alright... Only returned calls when he felt like he wanted to.
Gotta Laugh

Long Eddy, NY

#15 Apr 19, 2012
whAt planet do you like on?Fusco has done NOTHING so far!
LOL

Saranac Lake, NY

#16 Apr 19, 2012
whatever wrote:
I actually am glad he did. We need to get rid of deadbeat landlords... Scumbags that live off of our taxpayer money and get the crime out of Rome. A relative lives on Thomas st of my bf and they have been trying for almost 2 yrs to her their sidewalk finished and the tree stumps out that mayor brown had ordered cut. The result.... Mayor fusco has been in office for 3 months and the stumps have been removed and the sidewalk is to soon begin. According to my bf relatives and their neighbors... Mayor fusco cares about west Rome too... Not just north Rome and city hall like brown did. That guy was a real politician alright... Only returned calls when he felt like he wanted to.
I find your statement very interesting. Since sidewalks in front of a residences, and trees are the homeowners responsibility to repair or maintain, and not the cities. So if Fusco did your sidewalks, and trees then you should be billed for the work. That is a misuse of city resources, and a problem. Seems he is taking care of personal problems at the taxpayer’s expense, and you call that good management? If you are the resident on W. Dominick St that had the work done, I know why he did it. You should be billed, and Fusco should be reprimanded for mis-use of city DPW employees.

Since: Mar 12

United States

#17 Apr 21, 2012
LOL,
Not quite true. The code states what you said. Except, all past administrations have been replacing sidewalks when the trees the city planted lifts up the sidewalks. There was a program where the city would fund half of the cost of the sidewalk replacement. The homeowner paid the rest. It is no different then when Frank T. allowed a homeowner to replace their failed septic tank with another one when the code required that they had to connect to the sewer line. He did them a favor to save them money and that was under the prior administration.
The comptroller's auditors should be done going over the financial books at the end of the month. It will be interesting to read the report about how the past administration handled taxpayers' resources.
LOL

Saranac Lake, NY

#19 Apr 21, 2012
Joe S 1212 wrote:
LOL,
Not quite true. The code states what you said. Except, all past administrations have been replacing sidewalks when the trees the city planted lifts up the sidewalks. There was a program where the city would fund half of the cost of the sidewalk replacement. The homeowner paid the rest. It is no different then when Frank T. allowed a homeowner to replace their failed septic tank with another one when the code required that they had to connect to the sewer line. He did them a favor to save them money and that was under the prior administration.
The comptroller's auditors should be done going over the financial books at the end of the month. It will be interesting to read the report about how the past administration handled taxpayers' resources.
Joe you are correct, my mistake. I also agree on the audit, but I doubt it will contain anything concerning what has gone on since the new adminstration took office. I need to start going back to council meetings.
Union guy

Utica, NY

#20 Apr 21, 2012
Sounds like a crock of shit to me. Mr. S of 1212 everybody knows you were/are mad at Jim Brown because he wouldn't give your son a contact or a job. Let's be honest here. Be a man an admit Brown put this city in very good shape and kept your taxes damn low. Not to mention he dressed like a Mayor and did a lot in a relatively short period.
ok then

Oneida, NY

#21 Apr 21, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your statement very interesting. Since sidewalks in front of a residences, and trees are the homeowners responsibility to repair or maintain, and not the cities. So if Fusco did your sidewalks, and trees then you should be billed for the work. That is a misuse of city resources, and a problem. Seems he is taking care of personal problems at the taxpayer’s expense, and you call that good management? If you are the resident on W. Dominick St that had the work done, I know why he did it. You should be billed, and Fusco should be reprimanded for mis-use of city DPW employees.
Ok then if the trees and sidewalks are the homeowners financial responsiblity, then the trees and sidewalks are the homeowners propery. They can paint them, dig them up, fix them, sell them, or not do anything at all. Just the cities way of not handling tax money and years and years of bad unsustainable quick fixes but hey thats typical
LOL

Saranac Lake, NY

#22 Apr 21, 2012
ok then wrote:
<quoted text>Ok then if the trees and sidewalks are the homeowners financial responsiblity, then the trees and sidewalks are the homeowners propery. They can paint them, dig them up, fix them, sell them, or not do anything at all. Just the cities way of not handling tax money and years and years of bad unsustainable quick fixes but hey thats typical
As I stated in an earlier post I was mistaken. The sidewalks are property owners responsibility for upkeep and in certain situation as Joe stated half and half on replacing them if needed. However, the trees in the medium between the sidewalf and the road are the cities. So you can't go cutting them down. The trees are the cities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So what is drug court? 15 min daJudge 3
Nikki b 32 min Lol 16
Erica Benjamin 43 min Iknow 3
The 2nd amendment needs to go! 52 min Lanie 98
smokers 1 hr 420alldaylong 9
where is mr amo 1 hr tell me more 7
RFA Football 4 hr beans the Queen 92
What offices got an FBI search in Rome today? 6 hr Your nosey 7

Rome Jobs

More from around the web