I PREDICT a MADHOUSE at FEB 13 COUNCI...
Resident

Saranac Lake, NY

#22 Feb 6, 2013
You sound menacing wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone have to watch where they sit?
Are you trying to intimidate someone or threaten someone or any group who does not share your view?
Please explain.....
I do not need nor did I threaten anyone. You were the one making the comments, all I did was point out to you that you never know who is sitting next to you. I in no way need or have to threaten anyone. If by your remarks you wish and try and provoke me into attending this meeting then that would be pointless. I basically have no faith in this administration or its councilors, or in attending a meeting that is pointless. I am by no means a Fusco fan, and if I thought it would do any good what so ever I would be one of the first standing on the council table shouting my displeasure over Joe Sal's, and Drew big mouths. I believe the city is being hood winked, and it would not surprise me to see the state at some point step in and take over managing the city. However, that will not happen because we all are aware of who is pulling Joe’s strings in Albany. Now don’t we? There are way too many inconsistencies with this administration’s handling of the budget, spending, hiring, mis-use of city property and personnel, RPC, Ways and Means Committee, and look at who is in charge of public safety. Now think about it. Look at what has been going on since he has been in office, and then you tell me what good is attending a meeting going to do? The meeting is rigged from the start, and then you wonder why things are remaining the same? If you think the council is going to do anything, or butt heads with the golden boy you have another think coming. Especially when you know all but two councilors needs the Republican endorsement if they plan on getting re-elected. They are not as stupid as some people think.(Self serving yes) but they are not totally brain dead. At least not yet. They are not going to piss away that endorsement. You saw what happened to Brown, and I am sure you know about the pissing contest with the Republican chair and the committee over the endorsement. Those councilors are not going to make the same mistake by butting heads with the Republican Party by going against their boy. It does not take a rocket scientist to see what is going on, and there is nothing anyone is going to do to change that. If there was then Joe would have already been removed from office on ethic reason alone, not to mention mis management, and questionable behavior. I don't care how many people you have or what they say at this meeting. It will remain as it is, and there is nothing you or anyone else in Rome can do about it. So I hope that explains it to you. I can tell you this. If I was in office I would have done alot of things very differently.
Corruption County

Enfield, CT

#23 Feb 6, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need nor did I threaten anyone. You were the one making the comments, all I did was point out to you that you never know who is sitting next to you. I in no way need or have to threaten anyone. If by your remarks you wish and try and provoke me into attending this meeting then that would be pointless. I basically have no faith in this administration or its councilors, or in attending a meeting that is pointless. I am by no means a Fusco fan, and if I thought it would do any good what so ever I would be one of the first standing on the council table shouting my displeasure over Joe Sal's, and Drew big mouths. I believe the city is being hood winked, and it would not surprise me to see the state at some point step in and take over managing the city. However, that will not happen because we all are aware of who is pulling Joe’s strings in Albany. Now don’t we? There are way too many inconsistencies with this administration’s handling of the budget, spending, hiring, mis-use of city property and personnel, RPC, Ways and Means Committee, and look at who is in charge of public safety. Now think about it. Look at what has been going on since he has been in office, and then you tell me what good is attending a meeting going to do? The meeting is rigged from the start, and then you wonder why things are remaining the same? If you think the council is going to do anything, or butt heads with the golden boy you have another think coming. Especially when you know all but two councilors needs the Republican endorsement if they plan on getting re-elected. They are not as stupid as some people think.(Self serving yes) but they are not totally brain dead. At least not yet. They are not going to piss away that endorsement. You saw what happened to Brown, and I am sure you know about the pissing contest with the Republican chair and the committee over the endorsement. Those councilors are not going to make the same mistake by butting heads with the Republican Party by going against their boy. It does not take a rocket scientist to see what is going on, and there is nothing anyone is going to do to change that. If there was then Joe would have already been removed from office on ethic reason alone, not to mention mis management, and questionable behavior. I don't care how many people you have or what they say at this meeting. It will remain as it is, and there is nothing you or anyone else in Rome can do about it. So I hope that explains it to you. I can tell you this. If I was in office I would have done alot of things very differently.
I feel what you're saying...Griffo is a corrupt official who needs to be called out by people like you! Peace!
really

Dover, DE

#24 Feb 6, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I go to meetings, and have been involved in Rome politics for over 30 years. I know more about what goes on in city hall than the freaking mayor. I do not hold or have ever held elected office. I have no doubt if you knew who I was you would not be so eager to call me out. So sit back and enjoy the meeting because I would puke listening to all you folks beating your chest, and talking to thin air. You really think the council is going to pay any attention to what anyone has to say? So you need to step off, and just think who my be sitting next to you at this great planned bitch session. So Mr big mouth you need to watch where you sit. However, no doubt you will be one of the first to meet and greet the Royal court. Maybe this time they will show some class and get the suckers out of thier mouths, while the rest of you bobble heads kneel and kiss their rings.
"I go to meetings, and have been involved in Rome politics for over 30 years. I know more about what goes on in city hall than the freaking mayor. I do not hold or have ever held elected office." And you don't consider yourself part of the problem....typical. Topix is a real blessing for people like you.
really

Dover, DE

#25 Feb 6, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
"I go to meetings, and have been involved in Rome politics for over 30 years. I know more about what goes on in city hall than the freaking mayor. I do not hold or have ever held elected office." And you don't consider yourself part of the problem....typical. Topix is a real blessing for people like you.
it will be a "blessing" when joey leaves.
wow

Clinton, NY

#26 Feb 6, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>it will be a "blessing" when joey leaves.
what exactly is going on?
TOC

United States

#27 Feb 6, 2013
All topix big mouths
really real

Dover, DE

#28 Feb 7, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>it will be a "blessing" when joey leaves.
wow....unbelievable that you have nothing else in your life going on that you have to follow me around on topix changing your screen name to match mine because our locations are the same. is it such a terrible affront to you that someone might express an opinion that differs from yours that you have to make every effort to discredit them?
I visit this site occasionally, but only on my way to other Topix sites where intelligent discussions and debates are had, is it too much to ask not to be harassed? rhetorical question.
Review Board

Windsor, CT

#29 Feb 7, 2013
Fusco is ready for a stroke....can't handle the pressure and just confused about what to do......
Fraudulent Behavior

Windsor, CT

#30 Feb 7, 2013
Perhaps we can discuss Tim Benedict's city rent scam he has going on for over a year with his private clients!
Get all ready Tim.......you are on the radar boy!
really real

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Feb 7, 2013
posting under numerous names again. shocker!
So many name game

Windsor, CT

#32 Feb 7, 2013
really real wrote:
posting under numerous names again. shocker!
What bothers you about that?
Oh.......maybe someone is in big trouble?
Resident

Saranac Lake, NY

#33 Feb 7, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
"I go to meetings, and have been involved in Rome politics for over 30 years. I know more about what goes on in city hall than the freaking mayor. I do not hold or have ever held elected office." And you don't consider yourself part of the problem....typical. Topix is a real blessing for people like you.
No I do not consider myself part of the problem. I did my part only to find that a majority of the people in Rome are just too damn gullible. There is a saying. "When a fool speaks, only fools believe". "When a fools leads only a fool will follow" There comes a time when the only thing left was to throw in the towel. I am too old and reached a point where it serves no purpose to bang your head against the wall trying to convince people that Fusco was not the answer to Rome's problems. We were in the worse economic time one could imagine, and people wanted to blame someone so they blamed Brown. It did not help matters when someone comes along using the promise of a better life, only to find the better life only was the one promising the better life. History has a tendency to repeat its self with that kind of rhetoric, and you now see the results of it.
Concerned

Saranac Lake, NY

#34 Feb 7, 2013
What is going to crack me up more than anything, is I am willing to bet there will have been more people bitching about a men's club at this last meeting than there will be at the council meeting bitching about Fusco and how he is running this city.
Bunny Ranch Rome

Newington, CT

#35 Feb 8, 2013
Turning Stone close by and lots of drugdealers need a place to hangout so will Tebbs have a store next to it?
This will be a tough topic for next Wednesday's Council Meeting to discuss I suppose.
Guess Again

Saranac Lake, NY

#36 Feb 8, 2013
Bunny Ranch Rome wrote:
Turning Stone close by and lots of drugdealers need a place to hangout so will Tebbs have a store next to it?
This will be a tough topic for next Wednesday's Council Meeting to discuss I suppose.
Why would they need to hang out there? They openly sell drugs just about at any bar or other hangout in Rome already. I have seen them sell the shit right in memorial park next to the police station, bus station, parking garage. Hell you call a cab and can get whatever you want so why would they want to travel when it so easy to sell it right here in town. They allow an illegal gambling place under the pretence of an adult gaming arcade right here in the city, and you don't think you can't buy drugs there? Roman's are real moral people. They are so moral they cry foul about an adult dance place, but allow our city to be run by an idot and say nothing. There is more dirt going on right now in city hall with the back door deals that would make an adult dance club seen like a Sunday social. That makes a lot of sense now doesn't it? Roman's you got your heads up your ass. Better be looking at whats going on right under your nose instead of what they are wanting to do out in the boone docks.
CNYDDSO

Windsor, CT

#37 Feb 8, 2013
We will vote for anything.......just let us know and it will be "arranged".....
Meeting In Session

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Feb 8, 2013
Lets start with all the hype:

Council, no good representatives of the state and not the people, well that's the way they act and decide/vote on. All i hear is more laws more taxs. Agree? Yes. Thought so, disembark they're journey or agenda of being a parasite off the people.

Fusco, Is he a puppet like the council is on bended knees to laws in place?

Honestly, he is not that bright in MY OPINION to starve off the hungry state laws and taxs or try somthing different.

I will never go to any Rome meeting dealing with local issues. Rome's people have not changed, well maybe the younger have, that's where the hope is. For i know i'm one of them.
Amish R cumin

Utica, NY

#39 Feb 10, 2013
I heard the Amish will be at the meeting to present their plan for the store they want to open on James St. Make room for the horse and buggy's.
Resident

Utica, NY

#40 Feb 10, 2013
Whose gonna pick up the horse droppings, animal control, parks or DPW? I'll be there to watch this show.
Otis

Saranac Lake, NY

#41 Feb 10, 2013
Be There at 7pm wrote:
The people will speak........many of them!
Fireworks......
Show them you care and show up!
You can predict whatever you want too but it will be the same boring meeting as always. No one is going to do or say shit. Even if they do the Rome Rag will not print it. So what the point of even talking about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scum forced way into house 1 hr bang 5
Reiley 3 hr Concerned 5
muslims worship satan and not the true God (Nov '14) 4 hr Wills 12
Voegler 6 hr what about the bu... 5
Sunoco armed robbery 7 hr laughing all the way 20
Sandy Russell and josh (Sep '14) 9 hr Cnt 5
Rick zamiello jr 14 hr None of your busi... 1

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages