Proposed adult entertainment club on ...

Proposed adult entertainment club on outskirts of Rome drawing critics

There are 27 comments on the WSTM-TV Syracuse story from Feb 13, 2013, titled Proposed adult entertainment club on outskirts of Rome drawing critics. In it, WSTM-TV Syracuse reports that:

Battle lines are being drawn in the city of Rome over a proposal to establish an adult entertainment club on the outskirts of the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTM-TV Syracuse.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hammer

Lockhart, TX

#1 Feb 13, 2013
I think its a good idea. Although people may disagree with the morality of the idea the fact of the matter stands. It will create jobs and bring more revenue into the city. I doubt it will bring anymore undesirables into the city than we already have. And I'm not on here to argue with anyone...just voicing my honest opinion on the matter.
Enough

Boston, MA

#2 Feb 13, 2013
Let them build. This is America.
really

Hamilton, NY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Why not? Nobody decent will be dancing or a patron so who cares.
ava land fill

Minoa, NY

#4 Feb 13, 2013
didnt they open one up recently in ava??
nottosoundnegati vebut

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 13, 2013
wouldnt it be better to put a place like that in the inside of a city where everyone can keep an eye on it rather than an area with isolated back country roads where litte kids roam and horny drunk people ride..
Tammy

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2013
nottosoundnegativebut wrote:
wouldnt it be better to put a place like that in the inside of a city where everyone can keep an eye on it rather than an area with isolated back country roads where litte kids roam and horny drunk people ride..
strip clubs are banned in most parts of the city. just what we need to bring in more scum to the city. what kind of "jobs" is going to create...3 strippers that gey paid under the table...woooo weee
Enough

United States

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>strip clubs are banned in most parts of the city. just what we need to bring in more scum to the city. what kind of "jobs" is going to create...3 strippers that gey paid under the table...woooo weee
they aren't banned in that part of town. Let them build. This is why we need a new council. Always negative and against progress
Dan

Dover, DE

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>they aren't banned in that part of town. Let them build. This is why we need a new council. Always negative and against progress
hey numnuts, they can have a strip joint, just NOT a bar & strip club, have your mommy read you the paper
Enough

United States

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>hey numnuts, they can have a strip joint, just NOT a bar & strip club, have your mommy read you the paper
let them build. Maybe they'll hire you to perform. I'm sure you don't work.
oh god please no

Hamilton, NY

#10 Feb 14, 2013
ava land fill wrote:
didnt they open one up recently in ava??
please say its not true, i havent been up in those sticks in 15 years and the broads then were not nice.....you know what they say about ava, thats where the men are men and so are the woman!!!
Dan

Dover, DE

#11 Feb 14, 2013
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>let them build. Maybe they'll hire you to perform. I'm sure you don't work.
maybe they can build next to your house!
LoL

Saranac Lake, NY

#12 Feb 14, 2013
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>strip clubs are banned in most parts of the city. just what we need to bring in more scum to the city. what kind of "jobs" is going to create...3 strippers that gey paid under the table...woooo weee
Whats the difference? There is already scum, lowlifes, and people getting paid under the table. What you afraid your hubby might enjoy a lap dance so much he won't come home? Would bet you are not home baking brownies when he is at work all day either.

“Did you say something?”

Since: Jul 12

San Diego, CA.

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Hey now. Support the small businessman.
Freebie the Bean

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 14, 2013
No problem with a strip club...even if all the skanks have wall to wall tatts, but make sure none of them have a waist measurement over 26". I'm sick of these fatties up there shaking tons of lard and jello without having a hot body. Do you women wanna see a guy with a 85 lb. potbelly dancing in a speedo?
tarbender tom

Syracuse, NY

#15 Feb 14, 2013
that intersection is across the tracks and in every practical sense is a world away from "mayberry" (greenway) where folks are no more or less "pure" than any other place. a business like this would not affect the quality of life for anyone in the vicinity.(except of course that some of locals would be patrons) i assume the club would hold regular ladies nights with male entertainers dancin 'round the pole so i say let them open! the club would be subject to all the same rules & laws as every other TAX PAYING establisment and would certainly draw from the big one that DOESN'T PAY TAXES so i support it. show up at my house (very near greenway) with your petition and it will instantly become TP.(figuratively of course...:-)

“Did you say something?”

Since: Jul 12

San Diego, CA.

#18 Feb 15, 2013
woooohaaaaaaa wrote:
I hope they hire diane shumaker to dance there. She might let go of her frustration if she gets up there and shakes her tatas.
You are supposed to help her with that, not let other men do it and then you get nothing.
bad azz kneegaaz

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 16, 2013
dare alreedy iz 2 many influx of dare kind 2 beginz wit.
OPEN IT

Sherburne, NY

#20 Feb 18, 2013
I hope they open it. I would go there. Nothing better than seeing hotties dancing around for a buck or two. Just hope they imnport girls from out of this area. There aren't too many girls around here that I would pay to see naked.
forget a bout tit

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Feb 18, 2013
Snowball chance in HELL,there is a city ordinance against it,case closed.But if they let it your mama would have a place to work.
tarbender tom

Syracuse, NY

#22 Feb 20, 2013
forget a bout tit wrote:
Snowball chance in HELL,there is a city ordinance against it,case closed.But if they let it your mama would have a place to work.
there is no such ordinance. the issue is whether or not they be granted a zoning variance to operate a bar/ restaurant in a agriculturally zoned location within romes outer boundaries. should the variance be denied they can still build and operate a non-alcohol business that deals in the proliferation of "ART". these types of operations are more widely recognized as "totally nude" gentlemen's clubs. if that's what the developers want to do, there is nothing the city or the mayberry neighborhood can legally do to stop them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HQ Rome NY Space Center 3 hr peopleofthesun 12
best way to hit on deeni johnson from alehouse 3 hr Militia Marine 35
amgie hilderbrant 6 hr amy 30
Rome & Utica Topix 7 hr Member 3
Robert DiNiro 8 hr Denice G 2
stamboli 8 hr Brian S 2
Libs post 12 hr Melting 10

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance