Just a Kid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

For all of you who have said kind and intelligent things, I thank you. For you people who seem to believe I'm being over dramatic, picture this. You have been you the same people since you we're 5 years old. You've formed a bond that SHOULD be unbreakable. But it's being broken. You're being taken away from some of the people that mean the most to you. And for all of you saying that high school isn't "hell on earth" or "a prison yard" have been a little blind to the things around you. Bullying is a top issue in our society at the moment. Kids going to a place, getting judged and made fun of, and sometimes physically hurt. If you had a wonderful high school expericence, that's really great, it is. But not everyone does. Rome Catholic is a school where that doesn't happen. It's a small school, and the kids get along for the most part. We learn to be together and work through what problems we have, not bully kids we don't like. It's a family. And our family is suffering a loss. Nothing is going to be the same. And if this has zero effect on you I don't understand how you could be happy over the fact that kids are being hurt. I have never seen so many people, teachers included, cry than I did today. I don't want to remember my school in its last few weeks to be a sad place being judged. There were camera crews outside today, waiting by some of the older students cars, waiting to interview them. Do you see something wrong with that? A bunch of adults wanting to get information out of 17 year old kids who are losing their school. Just a side note, but I find it interesting that so many people on this website are happy my school is closing, but I bet a good chunk of you, or your families, or people you know, are going to be at my festival this coming weekend. The nerve.
Just a Kid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Society wrote:
Little sheltered it seems. Your not heading to a prison yard it's a high school.
Excuse you, but *you're. Maybe someone should have paid a little more attention in THEIR high school days, eh?
lol

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

kid, you'd better get used to dealing with change. stop the crying and get over it. i agree that you appear to have lived a very sheltered existence so far. welcome to planet earth.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Aren't children supposed to be sheltered?
Just a Kid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

lol wrote:
kid, you'd better get used to dealing with change. stop the crying and get over it. i agree that you appear to have lived a very sheltered existence so far. welcome to planet earth.
Exactly. "Appear" you know nothing about me, and what I may or may not have gone through. I thank you for the warm, yet slightly sarcastic welcome, but I've been here for some time now actually. I'm a kid. A kid that's allowed to have feelings and emotions. Sorry you think otherwise.
Keyboard Kid

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Just a Kid wrote:
For all of you who have said kind and intelligent things, I thank you. For you people who seem to believe I'm being over dramatic, picture this. You have been you the same people since you we're 5 years old. You've formed a bond that SHOULD be unbreakable. But it's being broken. You're being taken away from some of the people that mean the most to you. And for all of you saying that high school isn't "hell on earth" or "a prison yard" have been a little blind to the things around you. Bullying is a top issue in our society at the moment. Kids going to a place, getting judged and made fun of, and sometimes physically hurt. If you had a wonderful high school expericence, that's really great, it is. But not everyone does. Rome Catholic is a school where that doesn't happen. It's a small school, and the kids get along for the most part. We learn to be together and work through what problems we have, not bully kids we don't like. It's a family. And our family is suffering a loss. Nothing is going to be the same. And if this has zero effect on you I don't understand how you could be happy over the fact that kids are being hurt. I have never seen so many people, teachers included, cry than I did today. I don't want to remember my school in its last few weeks to be a sad place being judged. There were camera crews outside today, waiting by some of the older students cars, waiting to interview them. Do you see something wrong with that? A bunch of adults wanting to get information out of 17 year old kids who are losing their school. Just a side note, but I find it interesting that so many people on this website are happy my school is closing, but I bet a good chunk of you, or your families, or people you know, are going to be at my festival this coming weekend. The nerve.

I have been a student at RCS since pre-school. "Just A Kid" is 100% correct. The thing about RCS is that I don't necessarily even know who "Just A Kid" is, but if they told me their name, I'm sure I would know exactly who they are. Everybody knows everybody, and it really is a family setting. I feel like when I go to school, I can count on everybody within the walls to care about me personally. They will help me with anything I need help with, whether it is a teacher, student or any faculty. And we are being robbed of our family. It's literally my second home, and I'm sure that everybody attending currently would agree with me.
French Model

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Topix rules for local news! You read it here first and they were right. How about that poor woman who lost her job for telling the truth. For shame. Wake up Rome before it's too late!
Money Talks

Camillus, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

It's too bad the all knowing bishop has to make these decisions. The money is way more important than a childs safe education I suppose. I wish you "kids" the best and head to Notre Dame. I wouldn't want my worst enemy going to RFA.
French Model

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Money Talks wrote:
It's too bad the all knowing bishop has to make these decisions. The money is way more important than a childs safe education I suppose. I wish you "kids" the best and head to Notre Dame. I wouldn't want my worst enemy going to RFA.
And the ghetto surrounding Notre Dame is better how?
Fozen Komquat

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

French Model wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be thinking of another Notre Dame,there are mostly doctors,and nice homes, and a few places of business around that school.Get that shit out of your eyes.

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

French Model wrote:
Ghetto? Do you even know the meaning of the word?
Advice

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Just a kid please don't come on here.You can see how mean and disgusting people can be and sick.We support you and are hearts go out to you.Good Luck in your rest of your school years,you will soar. You seem like a smart and respectful kid.
Catholic Insider

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Money Talks wrote:
RCH students should go to Notre Dame. Notre Dame is full with corrupt Italian wops and Lebannese Sleaze.

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Catholic Insider wrote:
RCH students should go to Notre Dame. Notre Dame is full with corrupt Italian wops and Lebannese Sleaze.
For someone who purports to be Catholic, you sure sound like a troll.
French Model

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Utica all of it downtown is a ghetto.
Notre Dame Here You Come

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

You'll be bussed to Notre Dame. You just have to get your sorry ass outta bed alot earlier to get ready.

Since: Dec 12

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Just a Kid wrote:
You have been you the same people since you we're 5 years old.
Actually it's *were. You didn't need the comma. Maybe you should pay attention in school.
Just a Kid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Newton Kingsbury wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it's *were. You didn't need the comma. Maybe you should pay attention in school.
Well ACTUALLY, it's an apostrophe, but good try smartass. And it's called autocorrect, I apologize for not paying close enough attention.
FFYI

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Just a Kid wrote:
I was one of the supportive people you were talking about, but I want to remind you that the RCS Festival is a fundraiser for your school. The people that are showing up are actually doing your school and your church a favor, so it's not very wise to insult them for attending, or to act like they are encroaching and your territory when you have invited them in.
Just a Kid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

DA Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>Hey whinny kid! Stop your crying & put on your big girl pantys! That is the way life is, sometimes you don't get your way. go to RFA or notre dame if you want! People on topix are tired of your whinning!GET OVER IT!
Isn't the main purpose of this website to gossip, whine and complain? And just because you have the name 'Mayor' in your little username doesn't put you in charge of this website. If you're tired of my whining, don't read it. And did I say I was a girl? Don't tell me what type of panties to wear, thank you very much. Have a nice day, you little Mayor, you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
women at the boilermaker 17 min maninquestion 3
Destito Announces Arts and Cultural Grants (Sep '10) 39 min Ranked 851 and Riggies 52
Kim Rogers Candidate for Mayor 54 min worst 5
Why do black people .. (Oct '12) 1 hr qwan 24
M Domenico and Rome LAWSUIT 2 hr Positively Rome 2
Richie Evans Reunion 2 hr happy 2
Why Rome Sucks 3 hr Just me 22
Fake Victim 6 hr Suzy Q 36
•••
•••
•••
Rome Dating

more search filters

less search filters