Roman

Hampton, VA

#127 Feb 28, 2013
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers in private schools within New York State are not required to have a Master's Degree nor certification in the area that they teach.
That's why RCH teachers make 25000 per year & not the 70000 PLUS in Rome city schools!
joney Rome NY

New Britain, CT

#128 Mar 6, 2013
In reply to Teacher from Holland Patent NY. Maybe so but the majority of teachers at RCS do have a Master's degree and/or are certified.
Truth be told

Brooklyn, NY

#129 Mar 6, 2013
I hope this school remains open
john

Camillus, NY

#130 Mar 6, 2013
Truth be told wrote:
Why ? What does this school pro IDE that others don't. I'm not arguing I am just inquiring

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#131 Mar 7, 2013
Truth be told wrote:
I fear that the pastors in Rome will yank the plug on RCS for purely economic reasons. Pity.

Rome

#132 Mar 7, 2013
john wrote:
Why ? What does this school pro IDE that others don't. I'm not arguing I am just inquiring
I believe Catholic Schools provide a values-based education where the public schools provide indoctrination.

For example, a recent news headline: School Suspends Second Grader for Eating His Pop-Tart Into the Shape of a Gun

http://gawker.com/5988299/school-suspends-sec...

Public school reaction: YIKES! Everyone be very afraid! Lock down the school! Suspend the little deviant!

I believe you would see a different reaction in a Catholic School.
Disagree

Rome, NY

#133 Mar 7, 2013
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Catholic Schools provide a values-based education where the public schools provide indoctrination.
For example, a recent news headline: School Suspends Second Grader for Eating His Pop-Tart Into the Shape of a Gun
http://gawker.com/5988299/school-suspends-sec...
Public school reaction: YIKES! Everyone be very afraid! Lock down the school! Suspend the little deviant!
I believe you would see a different reaction in a Catholic School.
Give me a break. Kids are all the same, they are not angels just because they attend catholic schools. When you graduate with a class of 12 of course you won't hear any stories verses a graduating class of 400. How many become priests and nuns anyhow? Plus remember the tree cutting down incident at RFA( vandalism) what punishment did those students receive? None. Too many opinions wonder how perfect your family is OR isn't.

Rome

#134 Mar 11, 2013
Disagree, if you want to disagree with me, you must counter at least 1 point I raised. Your response addresses issues I never mentioned with ad hominen as bonus.
Just a kid

New York, NY

#136 May 2, 2013
Hey. Could you not celebrate this? This has zero effect of you, whatsoever. Me? My school is closing. I have been there since kindergarten. I believe I will be perfectly fine at a new school. But that doesn't mean I didn't return to my house last night and break down crying. I'm being ripped apart from my closest friends. How would you feel if that happened? No, the solution isn't that we're all going to be moved to either RFA or Notre Dame. Some don't live necessarily in Rome, so they'll be sent to schools closer to their homes. I thought the bishop's mission was to bring families closer together. He just tore one apart. If you look all over places like Twitter and Facebook, you can see how genuinely hurt the students are. Not just the students. People that have already graduated and just people that have been involved in our school over the years. So don't you DARE celebrate such a terrible loss, that you aren't even going to gain from. Just goes to show how concerned stupid people are with something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Have a nice day, because its not going to be an easy one for me and my Rome Catholic family.
Not The Rock

New York, NY

#137 May 2, 2013
The Rock wrote:
The Rock says you don't know what you are talking about. RCS did in fact field a baseball team last year. However they did stink.
Well The Rock talks about himself in third person, and that's pretty creepy.
Bishop

Wallingford, CT

#138 May 2, 2013
Sorry kids....the pedophile priests we have been shuffling around for decades have serious legal issues now so the $$$$$ has to go to our legal defense!
Sad

Rome, NY

#139 May 2, 2013
Just a kid we feel for you. Schools have been closed all over Rome in the past few years also and ripped apart families in those schools.Yes we are families also and are close .Hope you can continue and be happy in your school years and stay close with your classmates.One thing is I cannot believe you are on this site as a kid.My children have no idea about this site. Do your parents know your on here.I just am concerned because people can get ignorant and nasty. God Bless!
the cleaner

New York, NY

#140 May 2, 2013
Its all ex mayor brown fault he had his pants down in back of school were they have the rides And games at last year smass rch
SadSad

Watertown, NY

#141 May 2, 2013
Just a kid wrote:
Hey. Could you not celebrate this? This has zero effect of you, whatsoever. Me? My school is closing. I have been there since kindergarten. I believe I will be perfectly fine at a new school. But that doesn't mean I didn't return to my house last night and break down crying. I'm being ripped apart from my closest friends. How would you feel if that happened? No, the solution isn't that we're all going to be moved to either RFA or Notre Dame. Some don't live necessarily in Rome, so they'll be sent to schools closer to their homes. I thought the bishop's mission was to bring families closer together. He just tore one apart. If you look all over places like Twitter and Facebook, you can see how genuinely hurt the students are. Not just the students. People that have already graduated and just people that have been involved in our school over the years. So don't you DARE celebrate such a terrible loss, that you aren't even going to gain from. Just goes to show how concerned stupid people are with something that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Have a nice day, because its not going to be an easy one for me and my Rome Catholic family.
I really feel bad for you. I can imagine what it feels like to be turned away from people you've known for so long. It does seem like you have the right attitude about going to RFA, I just wish I could say your adult convo Parts has much maturity as you do. The same Facebook comments you talked about have been overwhelmingly negative towards RFA by many of the RCS parents. Luckily for them they don't have to go to a school where they just created an adversarial relationship with many of the people who already attend because of problems created by their own school, NOT RFA.
I cannot tell you how many "welfare baby, pregnant high schooler, every kid there is a thug" comments I saw last night. the so-called adults at RCS should have you give an assembly on how to behave as an "adult" in a difficult situation.

with a positive attitude like yours you'll do just fine at RFA. let me assure you not every kid there is a thug, there are many smart funny friendly kids that attend. Seek those ones out and just stay away from the bed kids. Above all else don't listen to those negative Nellys at RCS that are trying to send you hopeless into a situation they are making out to be h*ll on earth. It's just high school.
RCH Alumni

Wallingford, CT

#142 May 2, 2013
I went there in the 80s when the Messicks were teachers.
Mrs Messick was so caring and would stay afterschool with me to help me catch up on schoolwork.
I would not have gotten into SUNY Oswego without her help.
RFA had Mr Vero who was my best teacher ever.
When I went to college I recognized his sociology class was just like a college course and he prepared me for a productive college life.
chuckie

Lowville, NY

#143 May 2, 2013
Hard to believe considering what they charge for tuition. Maybe all the free rides they gave the scumbag families did them in.
lol

Newark, NY

#144 May 2, 2013
Just a kid wrote:
Cry me a river kid. Get over it. When your education is founded on believing in a fictitious spirit in the sky and decisions and policy are made by a pedophile ridden bunch of cronies from a castle in Italy WTF do you expect? Good riddance RCH! Hope they close the elementary school next. Can't happen soon enough for me.

Rome

#145 May 2, 2013
@ lol, here's a dollar. Go buy a clue.

@ Just a kid, it's been a long time since I've read a post that long on topix with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. You make me proud of my alma mater. You'll do fine where ever you end up going to school. Good luck!
Society

Rome, NY

#146 May 2, 2013
Little sheltered it seems. Your not heading to a prison yard it's a high school.
lol

Newark, NY

#147 May 2, 2013
frankcor wrote:
@ lol, here's a dollar. Go buy a clue.
@ Just a kid, it's been a long time since I've read a post that long on topix with correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. You make me proud of my alma mater. You'll do fine where ever you end up going to school. Good luck!
stop stalking the kid frankie perv.. seems very suspicious considering your hx.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Positivity 16 min Follower 1
Go Away Bible Huggers 1 hr Thief 6
Ricardo Caperilli Meth Addict (Sep '12) 1 hr Jayy_ 5
Ed williams selling untaxed cigarettes 2 hr where 13
Caitlin white is guilty 2 hr Lol 61
Deanna Ingalls 4 hr itoldyouso 4
copper theifs 4 hr iwonder 2
R O B W A L L E R And D U M M W I F E S H E R R Y 4 hr mizz nozey 18
Lynne Rosen caught playing toss the salas behin... 11 hr Legal Eagle 49
Rome Dating