East Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Parent wrote:
<quoted text>That is so false. The requirements of the RCS teachers is way less. I know for a fact my child was not taught how to read. The teacher said oh he's a good student though- BS. No extra help there I switched so fast to public. I found there are so many resources to use for help in public schools and all his teachers have been wonderful and care about teaching the children. I give credit to teachers but there is no way in h$// they make that much at RCS, for not even needing a masters degree. Before anyone slams yes I was a very involved parent and did everything to help him too.he is now up to par and on level his grade. Thankgod I made the right decision. All that money and no proper education there- that's sad!
I have heard the same from other parents. I've also heard they give free points away for grades just to make their numbers look good.
HOT TAMALE

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

robbers
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

father mcsteely
Who Dat

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

RCH was a great school and produced great students. Most of which are now part of everyday society with jobs and contributing...unlike those kids from RFA who still live in Rome and do nothing. Sad to see you go RCH!
nme again agan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

HOT TAMALE wrote:
too much money for tuition
Rite from the mouth of turd grader
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

False... public school teachers make less than catholic/private school..
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Also, it is not RCS's fault tuition is high.. its the Syracuse Dioseese
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

GAGA CAN'T SPELL
Well

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Lady Ga Ga wrote:
If that is true then they need to evaluate their teachers. If children do not get taught how to read then that's a big problem. 2013 class can't even make a baseball team.Probably a rich parent thinking their sh&t don't stink sending their child here. Classes with 8 children. I know many public school grads attending great colleges and becoming doctors, lawyers etc. Great sports programs too. NOT.
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

well is not well
Wrong

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Lady Ga Ga wrote:
You are absolutely, 100% WRONG. Here, let me do the 5 minutes of informed research it would have taken you to have an educated opinion on the issue. You know, one based on actual facts?

"The National Center for Education Statistics puts it this way: Using 2007-2008 data (the latest available), the average "total school-year and summer earned income" for public school teachers was $53,230 . The equivalent for private-school teachers was $39,690.

That's a whopping $13,540 differential on salary alone."

Really, I have no dog in this fight. But when someone makes a verifiably false statement, not even just once, and continues to insist it is true without even an ounce of information to base it on...

That makes you an uneducated bully and a twit.
Roman

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

They have to close RCH so St Mary's church can continue to pay for the Mayor to live FREE in the house!
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

fusco or rch? duh? fusco wins out..hahahaha!!
soon to be ex roman

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

the rome school districts azzholes puckering at the thought of more kids more money money money money ahhhhh they love more money
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

glad that you're leaving, if only that was true!!! sigh
Proud parent

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Roman wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the teachers at RFA make LESS than 37000 a year! Most of the RCSD teachers make 75000 plus..that is why they could care less if the kids poass or not!
You need to get your facts straight. Our teachers make considerably less than public school teachers. We can't afford to pay them what our tax dollars pay the public teachers. Our tuition dollars do not go to the churches, the churches pay an assessment to the school.
We have a group of teachers, who are there because they genuinely love to teach. I can honestly say, my children are getting a top notch education. They take the same state tests as the public schools, they take the same regents exams, we have AP classes, and our kids can take classes at MVCC for college and high school credit through the college connect program.
Can you say that you know all of your child's teachers, all of the kids they are w/ everyday, as well as most of their parents, I CAN! My kids are not just another number, they are a special part of a family.
Not all of our kids are Catholic, and no one is trying to convert anyone. We are a safe & caring environment where each child is given all the tools possible to meet and exceed their potential. With out looking over their shoulder to avoid food fights & dangerous situations. We have no security guards at RCS, and more importantly we have no need for one!!!!
Proud parent

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

BetterThanGovernmentSchoo wrote:
Better than government babysitting your kid i mean public schools. You cant even compare the outcome lol
They can't even babysit properly at RFA, I know a girl who tried a year over there, did very well w/ her grades, was in honor classes, had many friends, but missed the teachers caring about how she was doing. She came back after one year, RFA sent her a blank report card card in the mail and still had her enrolled as a student in November w/ out so much as a letter or phone call home wondering why she had never once that year been in any classes there! That's pretty scary!
Roman

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Proud parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight. Our teachers make considerably less than public school teachers. We can't afford to pay them what our tax dollars pay the public teachers. Our tuition dollars do not go to the churches, the churches pay an assessment to the school.
We have a group of teachers, who are there because they genuinely love to teach. I can honestly say, my children are getting a top notch education. They take the same state tests as the public schools, they take the same regents exams, we have AP classes, and our kids can take classes at MVCC for college and high school credit through the college connect program.
Can you say that you know all of your child's teachers, all of the kids they are w/ everyday, as well as most of their parents, I CAN! My kids are not just another number, they are a special part of a family.
Not all of our kids are Catholic, and no one is trying to convert anyone. We are a safe & caring environment where each child is given all the tools possible to meet and exceed their potential. With out looking over their shoulder to avoid food fights & dangerous situations. We have no security guards at RCS, and more importantly we have no need for one!!!!
If you want to send your kids to a cathlic school because you think it is bettr...good for you! i don't think it makes that much of a differance!You teaches make LESS because they don't have to be certified to work there!I would ALSO know all the parents at RFA if only 150 kids went there!
Proud parent

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Well wrote:
<quoted text> If that is true then they need to evaluate their teachers. If children do not get taught how to read then that's a big problem. 2013 class can't even make a baseball team.Probably a rich parent thinking their sh&t don't stink sending their child here. Classes with 8 children. I know many public school grads attending great colleges and becoming doctors, lawyers etc. Great sports programs too. NOT.
You couldn't be more wrong, most of the parents in this school are working class families. Families that put a higher value on the education their children are receiving, than on which sports are available. Families that choose to spend their hard earned dollars on their kids schooling than on new cars and toys. Our kids receive substantial scholarships based on academics rather than the select few who may be getting sports scholarships from public school.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

79 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 23 min Wake up 6,344
Slaughterhouses 29 min Joe sal 1212 31
name the biggest breasts in rome 1 hr the cleaner 2
foolsco speaks 1 hr heard it before 2
End Times According to Bible Prophecy 2 hr Suzanne 3
sheehan road 3 hr marilyn 6
Tammy wells/rossi 4 hr roamer 3
Raspberry's at Friendly's 7 hr Gold digger 41
cnydso in rome 12 hr knows her 34
•••
•••
•••
•••