Really

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

It's said to be a done deal. Amazingly the whistle blower who leaked the public interest story was FIRED! What's more amazing is in a room filled with media and camera's this story doesn't make the news. Democracy is dead in our community. Kudos to Ramona Smith, at least she had the courage to write to the bishop and speak to the council and the public. All the bread snappers out there should abstain from giving to the church of thieves. Putting that poor girl out of work for "Insubordination" is nasty. Don't peek under those frocks! Their GOD will get them all!
honey boo boo

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

It's not a done deal yet that the school is closing.. just a possibility.
Jalapeno Susie

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Really wrote:
It's said to be a done deal. Amazingly the whistle blower who leaked the public interest story was FIRED! What's more amazing is in a room filled with media and camera's this story doesn't make the news. Democracy is dead in our community. Kudos to Ramona Smith, at least she had the courage to write to the bishop and speak to the council and the public. All the bread snappers out there should abstain from giving to the church of thieves. Putting that poor girl out of work for "Insubordination" is nasty. Don't peek under those frocks! Their GOD will get them all!
What ki of Bath salts youz on!
Jalapeno jose

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

no loss if rome catholic school closes! it sucks!!
Oprah

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

What did she expect? She shot her mouth off and was disrepectful to her organization, IN PUBLIC! That was low class. She deserved to be fired.
La la

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Oprah wrote:
What did she expect? She shot her mouth off and was disrepectful to her organization, IN PUBLIC! That was low class. She deserved to be fired.
I thought the paper said she was advocating for RCS and asked community members to write letters to the diocese. That sounds positive to me. In what way is that disrespectful? Unless she said other remarks that the paper didn't print, I'm confused.
BetterThanGovern mentSchoo

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Better than government babysitting your kid i mean public schools. You cant even compare the outcome lol
Learn

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

BetterThanGovernmentSchoo wrote:
Better than government babysitting your kid i mean public schools. You cant even compare the outcome lol
Just like privatizing, always a better outcome than any government function. RCH and private schooling is no exception to privatization. Most of Rome should of been privatized by now!
Oprah

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

She called out the school leadership a few weeks ago in the paper. She was saying how their decisions are all hush hush and how she had inside information about the school closing and complaining and so forth. You simply don't trash your employer in public like that. Also what did she expect the common council to do about it? She embarrassed herself.
jerry

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

close it down
JTL

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

No, she did not embarrass herself - and if you went to any of the meetings, you would know that the Common Council passed a resolution of support for RCS.
Oprah

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

JTL wrote:
No, she did not embarrass herself - and if you went to any of the meetings, you would know that the Common Council passed a resolution of support for RCS.
Support? You mean they are going to give RCS $10M dollars to keep operating? Yeah.

Calling out your employer to the media and getting fired as a result is embarrassing.
r31igi0n i5 bu115hit

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

i think goere carlin summed it up perfectly "When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!" and for the lady who lost her job, "Life sucks, and then you die!"
mne again and again

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

r31igi0n i5 bu115hit wrote:
i think goere carlin summed it up perfectly "When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!" and for the lady who lost her job, "Life sucks, and then you die!"
what about the education the kids get there,the only bullshitt is that pimple on your shoulders. you live in a special place the anal region,thats why your teeth are brown.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

It seems Mominey has awfull tight shorts. Firing an administrator is within his rights, but the woman was simply speaking up for her school. Is he mad because she made his plans public? The news would break anyways. He should reconsider or risk any further support from the parishes.
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

close it
Lady Ga Ga

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

God does not need money, the schooing does. Fact of the matter is.. everone is Rome is too poor to afford RCH. It is a great school and a GREAT alternative to RFA. There are no fights EVER and the teachers are one-on-one and actually care about their students. They have a 100% GRADUATION/PASS rate.. unlike RFA. Yes Religion is a subject there, however it is not what most peope think. I graduated from there and it is just a class where you pretty much talk in and discuss different things and learn about different stories in the Bible.. kind of like a fun History class because you are being taught things, you play games.. etc.. No one is forcing you to believe in it, however you do need the class.
hot tamale

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

CLOSE IT
Roman

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Lady Ga Ga wrote:
God does not need money, the schooing does. Fact of the matter is.. everone is Rome is too poor to afford RCH. It is a great school and a GREAT alternative to RFA. There are no fights EVER and the teachers are one-on-one and actually care about their students. They have a 100% GRADUATION/PASS rate.. unlike RFA. Yes Religion is a subject there, however it is not what most peope think. I graduated from there and it is just a class where you pretty much talk in and discuss different things and learn about different stories in the Bible.. kind of like a fun History class because you are being taught things, you play games.. etc.. No one is forcing you to believe in it, however you do need the class.
Most of the teachers at RFA make LESS than 37000 a year! Most of the RCSD teachers make 75000 plus..that is why they could care less if the kids poass or not!
Parent

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Roman wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the teachers at RFA make LESS than 37000 a year! Most of the RCSD teachers make 75000 plus..that is why they could care less if the kids poass or not!
That is so false. The requirements of the RCS teachers is way less. I know for a fact my child was not taught how to read. The teacher said oh he's a good student though- BS. No extra help there I switched so fast to public. I found there are so many resources to use for help in public schools and all his teachers have been wonderful and care about teaching the children. I give credit to teachers but there is no way in h$// they make that much at RCS, for not even needing a masters degree. Before anyone slams yes I was a very involved parent and did everything to help him too.he is now up to par and on level his grade. Thankgod I made the right decision. All that money and no proper education there- that's sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of200
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wow 3 min herpe infested pool party 5
Naked Wrestling With My Sister (Dec '10) 6 min lucky 159
Shocking result. 17 min Shocked 1
Does JK have a job or is he on disability? 45 min OH-OH 7
M Domenico and Rome LAWSUIT 48 min OH-OH 4
Amy Palaka got the syph 49 min pammytammyblamblam 1
women at the boilermaker 1 hr Suzy Q 4
Fake Victim 9 hr Suzy Q 36
•••