Since: Jan 08

Rome

#126 Jul 19, 2014
Yep, I'm a wannabe tank driver. I don't know many people who aren't.

“America: Pussified?”

Since: Nov 08

Stittville

#127 Jul 21, 2014
Do you see the tank at the legion anymore? cosmetic restoration is ongoing at this time. no further information
Boilermaker competitor

Canastota, NY

#128 Jul 22, 2014
I run by the legion hall during my marathon preps. I'll let you know in a day or so.
Muldune

Canastota, NY

#130 Jul 28, 2014
Does the Legion give tours of the tank? Love to bring my kids.

Stittville

#131 Jul 28, 2014
no tours that i know of but you are allowed to stop and check it out. given enough time and consideration im sure i could give informative tours once i complete my project.

Rome

#132 Jul 29, 2014
Abramstank19k wrote:
... given enough time and consideration im sure i could give informative tours once i complete my project.
Do it! Please!
Mary Kay

Canastota, NY

#133 Jul 31, 2014
The bigger the boy (and I mean boy) the bigger the toy. None of you are man enough to go to war.

Stittville

#134 Aug 1, 2014
Mary Kay.... stay off the drugs. Nothing in this thread is about war. Its about keeping our history of war alive for the future generations.
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#135 Aug 1, 2014
leave it alone
Tracked Vehicle

Canastota, NY

#136 Aug 18, 2014
The bottom of the track is stationary. The top of the track is traveling at twice the velocity of the tank.

Rome

#137 Aug 26, 2014
Mary Kay wrote:
The bigger the boy (and I mean boy) the bigger the toy. None of you are man enough to go to war.
Does Vietnam count?
Three years no loss

Ithaca, NY

#138 Aug 31, 2014
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>Does Vietnam count?
Only war we lost!
Really

Rome, NY

#139 Oct 1, 2014
Just for curiosity sake I stopped by to look at it today. I really hope whoever is doing the work on it plans to repaint it Army Green. If not it looked better before you did it.

Stittville

#140 Oct 6, 2014
Really wrote:
Just for curiosity sake I stopped by to look at it today. I really hope whoever is doing the work on it plans to repaint it Army Green. If not it looked better before you did it.
If you had to guess. "Really" Using your common sense would you say its been finished?
Job

Ithaca, NY

#141 Oct 6, 2014
Why is there a tarp over it? Somebody told me the painter painted it a psychedelic color scheme and the legion is taking the painter to court.

Stittville

#142 Oct 7, 2014
You should not listen to people. And ask sources. I am the restorer, and the project is not finished yet. Still have to paint. Its only primed. LMAO. I love the rumor mill.
anexpostmember

Rome, NY

#143 Oct 7, 2014
All I have to say is that I do think it's wonderful that someone cared enough to restore the Tank however, I also believe it's just another one of "Riley's", make himself look good, projects that the real Legionaires that made this happen won't get a bit of credit for!
Job

Ithaca, NY

#144 Oct 8, 2014
Abramstank19k wrote:
You should not listen to people. And ask sources. I am the restorer, and the project is not finished yet. Still have to paint. Its only primed. LMAO. I love the rumor mill.
Doesn't the tarp stick to the primer? With the tarp over the primer I would think the primer would not cure properly.

Stittville

#145 Oct 8, 2014
anexpostmember wrote:
All I have to say is that I do think it's wonderful that someone cared enough to restore the Tank however, I also believe it's just another one of "Riley's", make himself look good, projects that the real Legionaires that made this happen won't get a bit of credit for!
No one in the legion will get credit for this project nor will Riley? It was conducted by USABOT under my direction. I will be credited with the restoration.

Stittville

#146 Oct 8, 2014
Job wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the tarp stick to the primer? With the tarp over the primer I would think the primer would not cure properly.
the primer was applied a week before the tank was moved back to the legion. we are just waiting for some good weather days so we can finish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TonyD has to make every thread about himself. 56 min Goombah Gang 56
which is worse? 1 hr Brenda 1
Baes that do not take care of their kids 2 hr indeed 4
Dope house on kossuth st? 3 hr AMAZED 14
Bucky's 4 hr Spazarino 6
Domingo perice jailed for RAPE (Jul '12) 5 hr Yoohoo 23
derek clute duchebag? 6 hr Bitcheswilllearn 2
Rome Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web