Rome legion's M3 Stuart Tank
Drive

Watertown, NY

#66 May 15, 2014
Tank man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm inclined to agree with Gen Ridgeway. Why would the Army build a tank and then demand it not be operational. I don't know anything about salt treaties but for my whole life it seems like the US signs treaties that limit the number of weapons.
What does this tank cost? What does one of these tanks cost?
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#67 May 15, 2014
today it would cost 20 billion
Drive

Watertown, NY

#68 May 16, 2014
That lot's of money!!
LOL

Rome, NY

#69 May 18, 2014
Hire a Vet wrote:
The engine is a gas turbine. Very expensive to operate because of the jet fuel and maintenance costs. Tank is fully operational but no money.
What Tank are you saying is Gas Turbine? I really hope you don't think the one in front of the legion is. Gas turbines was not even in around back when that tank was built.
LOL

Rome, NY

#70 May 18, 2014
Drive wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look it up you will see the cost to build one of these tanks was around 1500 in 1940.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#71 May 19, 2014
Abramstank19k wrote:
And for you The topix TROLL types...Grow up and do something meaningful with your life. Yes it was my job, I'm not whining about it. I loved it. If I hadn't been wounded in Iraq, Id still be on my tank. Nothing i can do about it. However there's no need for a tank that helped win the greatest war to sit and rot In a community who appears to not give any less of a care about it. Honestly this community doesn't deserve this piece of American History. But I'm going to go ahead and do this project anyway....She deserves better from her country, community, and My fellow tread heads (Tankers). Maybe you will change your mind when we are finished and the M3 Stuart looks Brand new. Maybe then you will take a little pride in it. but i doubt it.
Thank you for your service, then and now. Welcome home, brother.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#72 May 19, 2014
Drive wrote:
If NY won't let you own a 10-round magazine, it's doubtful they'll let you buy a tank.
JOE SAL 1212

New Hartford, NY

#73 May 19, 2014
OHHHH FRANKIE~ Hide Your pot......

Since: Mar 12

Lyons, NY

#74 May 20, 2014
Hey faker, why don't you do something for your community and country intead of being an idiot.

Lyons, NY

#75 May 20, 2014
My misspell. Instead
Rome Legion Commander

Watertown, NY

#76 Jun 6, 2014
The tank is fully operational including all electronics. This is required for us to keep the tank in commission. The insurance is too expensive for the legion to operate more than once a year - another Army requirement to keep the tank. End of discussion.
LOL

Rome, NY

#77 Jun 6, 2014
Rome Legion Commander wrote:
The tank is fully operational including all electronics. This is required for us to keep the tank in commission. The insurance is too expensive for the legion to operate more than once a year - another Army requirement to keep the tank. End of discussion.
You are so full of shit its not funny
A Proud Puerto Rican

Concord, NC

#78 Jun 6, 2014
I shot heroin on the tracks of that tank after I raped a fat underage girl
Jeb

Watertown, NY

#79 Jun 8, 2014
Tank looks operational to me but I don't have any military experience. I never served - something I regret to this day. At the very least a great piece of US history.
JoeSal1212

Camden, NY

#80 Jun 8, 2014
Jeb wrote:
Tank looks operational to me but I don't have any military experience. I never served - something I regret to this day. At the very least a great piece of US history.
wellyou f-n moron the tank has sat infront of the legioin for the last 40 years.!!!!!!does the b52 on basealso look operational to you!!!!!!

Lyons, NY

#81 Jun 8, 2014
Trying to be me isn't working for you.
Jeb

Watertown, NY

#82 Jun 10, 2014
JoeSal1212 wrote:
<quoted text>wellyou f-n moron the tank has sat infront of the legioin for the last 40 years.!!!!!!does the b52 on basealso look operational to you!!!!!!
I assume the B52 is operational. As I understand it, it was flown to Rome when there was a base of some kind. They would have had to intensionaly break it for it to be not operational. That would not make sense to me.
Joe Sal 1212

Geneva, NY

#83 Jun 10, 2014
well you IDIOT you would be wrong! The B52 has NO engines or parts inside! what planet do you come from!!!!!it was NOT flown to Rome, it was here at rome for years!
Jeb

Watertown, NY

#84 Jun 10, 2014
Joe Sal 1212 wrote:
well you IDIOT you would be wrong! The B52 has NO engines or parts inside! what planet do you come from!!!!!it was NOT flown to Rome, it was here at rome for years!
Regardless of when it got here, it did not walk to Rome of it's own accord. It must have been flown here. Given that it would not make any sense for the B52 to now not be operational.
Joe Sal 1212

Syracuse, NY

#85 Jun 10, 2014
Jeb wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of when it got here, it did not walk to Rome of it's own accord. It must have been flown here. Given that it would not make any sense for the B52 to now not be operational.
Do you understand English MORON! IT has NO engines...NO electronics...NO parts inside..the tires are filled with cement.........it can NOT FLY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronnie Adsit 3 hr Hahaha 40
Allahu akbar 3 hr The Real Truth! 4
No More woman working! 3 hr god bless 14
Back 9 3 hr RBCI 15
Heroin in Rome 4 hr Tanya 4
3 Day concert event at Vernon Downs July 2018?? 5 hr Yes 11
RFA to have winning 2018 season in a newly form... 6 hr LOL 7

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance