Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“America: Pussified?”

Since: Nov 08

Stittville

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Someone put the M3 Stuart out front of the legion on a list to be restored. Heard that it got approved. Free of cost to the legion and the tax payers. What do you think about restoring it.
roman

Rome, NY

#2 Oct 23, 2013
the same tank has been infront of the leigon for 50 years! who cares!

Stittville

#3 Oct 24, 2013
Us veterans...And USABOT (United States Army Brotherhood Of Tankers). have a little pride in our nations history and the men who confined themselves into one of those beasts to protect your very right to act like a fool.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 24, 2013
It's a good idea, of course.
LoL

Rome, NY

#5 Oct 24, 2013
Someone better do something with it. The dam thing is rotted so bad its going to fall apart. Same way with the B-52 at Griff. They continue to ignore it and the Air Force is going to take it away for scrap. Of course this would be typical of some of these Veterans organizations. They all want something grand in front of their places but no on wants to take care of them. The American Legion in New Hartford at least takes pride in there monument. They keep that chopper in mint looking condition. You got a guy in Rome who wanted to build a Vietnam memorial here. There was so much end fighting with all the organizations over past BS that the guy gave up on trying to get them involved to do it. All they want to do is sit at the bar and tell war stories. Half of them was never in combat and the only fighting they ever did was to be first in a chow line. Idiot no pride in any of them. If the Brotherhood of tankers are so concerned why haven't they spoke up before now about doing something about the tank. Another bunch of track heads who sit back and whine but do nothing.
Just Sayin

Syracuse, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2013
Abramstank19k wrote:
Us veterans...And USABOT (United States Army Brotherhood Of Tankers). have a little pride in our nations history and the men who confined themselves into one of those beasts to protect your very right to act like a fool.
Bluh BLUH BLUH! That was Your JOB! stop your whinning!

Stittville

#7 Oct 25, 2013
LoL wrote:
Someone better do something with it. The dam thing is rotted so bad its going to fall apart. Same way with the B-52 at Griff. They continue to ignore it and the Air Force is going to take it away for scrap. Of course this would be typical of some of these Veterans organizations. They all want something grand in front of their places but no on wants to take care of them. The American Legion in New Hartford at least takes pride in there monument. They keep that chopper in mint looking condition. You got a guy in Rome who wanted to build a Vietnam memorial here. There was so much end fighting with all the organizations over past BS that the guy gave up on trying to get them involved to do it. All they want to do is sit at the bar and tell war stories. Half of them was never in combat and the only fighting they ever did was to be first in a chow line. Idiot no pride in any of them. If the Brotherhood of tankers are so concerned why haven't they spoke up before now about doing something about the tank. Another bunch of track heads who sit back and whine but do nothing.
We haven't done anything before because USABOT is a fairly new organization (3yrs) And we are National. Technically internationally with our European chapter. I put the tank on the restore list. Otherwise it never would have happened and USABOT would never have known the Tank existed. I as a local vet saw the tank sitting in rough shape and thought what a nice project for for us. Maybe I'm taking to much pride in my history my countrymen, and my local community. seems to me you are all pride-less civilians. Sad really. Someone comes in offering to make something look better int he communtiy and all you people do is argue and say stupid shit like why now... "If not not when, if not me who?"

Stittville

#8 Oct 25, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Bluh BLUH BLUH! That was Your JOB! stop your whinning!
And for you The topix TROLL types...Grow up and do something meaningful with your life. Yes it was my job, I'm not whining about it. I loved it. If I hadn't been wounded in Iraq, Id still be on my tank. Nothing i can do about it. However there's no need for a tank that helped win the greatest war to sit and rot In a community who appears to not give any less of a care about it. Honestly this community doesn't deserve this piece of American History. But I'm going to go ahead and do this project anyway....She deserves better from her country, community, and My fellow tread heads (Tankers). Maybe you will change your mind when we are finished and the M3 Stuart looks Brand new. Maybe then you will take a little pride in it. but i doubt it.
Just Sayin

Tully, NY

#9 Oct 26, 2013
Abramstank19k wrote:
<quoted text>
And for you The topix TROLL types...Grow up and do something meaningful with your life. Yes it was my job, I'm not whining about it. I loved it. If I hadn't been wounded in Iraq, Id still be on my tank. Nothing i can do about it. However there's no need for a tank that helped win the greatest war to sit and rot In a community who appears to not give any less of a care about it. Honestly this community doesn't deserve this piece of American History. But I'm going to go ahead and do this project anyway....She deserves better from her country, community, and My fellow tread heads (Tankers). Maybe you will change your mind when we are finished and the M3 Stuart looks Brand new. Maybe then you will take a little pride in it. but i doubt it.
BLUH BLUH BLUH! It's been infron of the building for years! Nobody really cares ....you Jarheads make us laugh!
Just Sayin

Tully, NY

#10 Oct 26, 2013
go out & FIX it & stop your whinning!
LoL

Rome, NY

#11 Oct 26, 2013
Abramstank19k wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't done anything before because USABOT is a fairly new organization (3yrs) And we are National. Technically internationally with our European chapter. I put the tank on the restore list. Otherwise it never would have happened and USABOT would never have known the Tank existed. I as a local vet saw the tank sitting in rough shape and thought what a nice project for for us. Maybe I'm taking to much pride in my history my countrymen, and my local community. seems to me you are all pride-less civilians. Sad really. Someone comes in offering to make something look better int he communtiy and all you people do is argue and say stupid shit like why now... "If not not when, if not me who?"
Ahaa that tank was put on the restore list years ago, and nothing was followed through with. Goddie for you and your organization of 3 years. I been working on getting these things restored for years and gave up on trying when no one else seemed to want to do the work. Just like the guy who developed and did most of the leg work to get a Vietnam Memorial build here. No one wanted to get involved, so the guy dumped the whole idea. I know the guy, and saw the plans. He had at one time a model of the project at the Smith post and for two years the signup sheet had only one name on it. He did all the paperwork for a 501c3, contacted 2 congressman and got their support and even had a Huey lined up for the memorial, but he still could not get people involved. There was so much bickering among these guys about where it should be built the guy just walked away from it. All they want to do is step in and run things after the work is done. This whole thing has nothing to do with pride by the way. It has to do with the lazy ass people who just want to let others do the work while they sit on their asses and bitch.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 31, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>Bluh BLUH BLUH! That was Your JOB! stop your whinning!
Yep, and you're another one of them. Fools, that is. If you're going to whine, please learn how to spell the word. Furthermore, you don't have the stones to do what the tankers did, so shut up.

Stittville

#13 Nov 5, 2013
LoL

Rome, NY

#14 Nov 5, 2013
Abramstank19k wrote:
http://www.wktv.com/news/local /Local-veteran-seeks-help-rest oring-World-War-II-tank-230591 011.html
So you going to sit back and take the credit now for others work? Typical.
Confused

Liverpool, NY

#15 Nov 6, 2013
you jarheads are a joke!

Stittville

#16 Nov 6, 2013
LoL wrote:
<quoted text>
So you going to sit back and take the credit now for others work? Typical.
Yes..I am going to take credit for this mans hard work.......
LoL

Rome, NY

#17 Nov 7, 2013
Abramstank19k wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes..I am going to take credit for this mans hard work.......
Get serious Chris. Where did you come up with the figure of 20,000 to 50,000 to recondition the tank anyway? You not going to get it running, and then what invade South Rome.(it could use it) Hell it did not cost that much to build it for crying out loud. The kids in BOCES for a class project would strip it down and repaint it for pizzas. Do really think people are going to take an interest in re-doing it with figures like that flying around? Especially from the members of the post. You would be better off throwing a few dozen cases of beer some pizzas and wings in the parking lot and work on it there, and have the members get off their asses and do it for a hell of a lot less money to.
LoL

Rome, NY

#19 Nov 7, 2013
Dominique wrote:
OK so what the hell has that thread go to do with the tank? Nothing....
Army Trraining Sir

Washington, DC

#20 Nov 7, 2013
LoL wrote:
I think the tank is in good shape. It was running under it's own power in the most recent Independence Day Parade in Rome. All it really needs is an authentic paint job. The engine is in good shape. Also the legion has to drive it up to Fort Drum each year and fire it's gun (cannon??) or the Army has the right to retake custody of the tank.
LoL

Rome, NY

#21 Nov 7, 2013
Army Trraining Sir wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the tank is in good shape. It was running under it's own power in the most recent Independence Day Parade in Rome. All it really needs is an authentic paint job. The engine is in good shape. Also the legion has to drive it up to Fort Drum each year and fire it's gun (cannon??) or the Army has the right to retake custody of the tank.
You must have your tanks confused. That tank has not and I repeat has not run in over 50 years. Kinda hard considering it has no working engine or transmission in it. The way people here take care of these things is a shame. Rumor has it unless the group starts to do a better job on the BUFF its going to be taken back also. Don't think they won't either. That's what they said about the Memphis Belle, and the Air Force took it back because they were letting it rot. Even after the city built its own island and covered building for it was not good enough. So they keeping screwing around and there won't be a tank to worry about. Just ask the guys in Verona about the crap they go through with theirs, or the AL in New Hartford. Now those guys show some pride in their charges they take care of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question for Tony Dee 29 min TonyD13440 34
Becca burt snitching 1 hr Candy 27
Bobbie Jo Williamson 1 hr Juan 13
how do you relieve your stress 3 hr big boy 149
whats your adult toy of choice 4 hr TaTa 149
Naomi oshel short 4 hr beth 2
Lauren lagree 4 hr Trick 12
Rome Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web