Rome Boxing Association

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Punchy

Gouverneur, NY

#1 Feb 7, 2013
Has the Rome Boxing Association discovered an alternative location to locate to? In a recent newspaper article, it stated that they must relocated from their current location in relatively short order or the program would terminate.
knows

Minoa, NY

#2 Feb 7, 2013
No, Mark is looking for a spot. they are taking the gyms out of the school it is in now. he's doing his best to keep the sport around for the kids, but he needs help...alot of help. spread the word. he's there till the end of the school year every evening school is open.
the answer

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Have Mark contact Brandon Lovett at city hall. he has offered to help them locate property owners. Mark should also look into grant $ available for boxing associations. Easy to find on the internet. even asking the Police Benevolent association for help. better those kids are boxing in a ring than in the streets.
easy fix

Springfield, MA

#4 Feb 7, 2013
There's tons of vacant buildings around Rome, right on the main drags too. Im sure they could get help from the city to take over a building on dominick street somewhere. They need to make it accesible for adults too though, from what I understand the old program was just for kids.
Truth

Hamilton, NY

#5 Feb 7, 2013
the answer wrote:
Have Mark contact Brandon Lovett at city hall. he has offered to help them locate property owners. Mark should also look into grant $ available for boxing associations. Easy to find on the internet. even asking the Police Benevolent association for help. better those kids are boxing in a ring than in the streets.
Brandon lovette ???? Hahaha what a joke. Brandon doesn't give a shit about recreation. He dropped boys 4th 5th & 6th grade basketball for cuts. Trying to be a hero BUT he is going to end up being the GOAT.
Enough

Pascoag, RI

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Ok rich b
Truth

Hamilton, NY

#7 Feb 7, 2013
Enough wrote:
Ok rich b
RICH B ??? Who ? Try a concerned parent of the Stan Evans basketball league. It is a fact that Brandon cut all recreation kids & adults that was city run to budget. We will c how for that gets him. ROMES next MAYOR. Hahaha NOT
GET REAL

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 8, 2013
THE CITY? GET REAL. WHEN OUR FAT ASS MAYOR WAS ASKED IF THE RBA COULD USE SPACE AT THE ARMORY HE SHOT THEM DOWN. HE SAID ROME NEEDED THE BUILDING FOR STORAGE. WHAT AN ASSHOLE. I WILL PERSONALLY DONATE $500 TO THE RBA IF JOEY WOULD FIND SPACE FOR THEM. AND, BY THE WAY, THE RBA GOT A FEDERAL GRANT WHICH THEY WILL LOSE IF THEY CAN'T FIND A PLACE, MEANING THEY CAN PAY FOR SPACE IF NEEDED. TYPICAL ROME SHIT AND MOREOVER, TYPICAL MAYOR JOE FUC*I*G UP AGAIN. HAVE ANOTHER CHEESEBURGER JOE.
easy fix wrote:
There's tons of vacant buildings around Rome, right on the main drags too. Im sure they could get help from the city to take over a building on dominick street somewhere. They need to make it accesible for adults too though, from what I understand the old program was just for kids.
Never Again

Syracuse, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2013
Let the mommy & daddys pay if they want there kids to box! it is not up to the tax payers of rome
Rich Bohning

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Feb 8, 2013
I must not be the only one that can see Lovett BS. Youth recreation should not be cut to get under the budget. We are hurting our kids in stead of helping. I am glad other people see what the city is doing. PS myself and business partners are in the process of opening a Rec center in Rome. Look for it to open in September. We also reached out to the boxing association.
the answer

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
RICH B ??? Who ? Try a concerned parent of the Stan Evans basketball league. It is a fact that Brandon cut all recreation kids & adults that was city run to budget. We will c how for that gets him. ROMES next MAYOR. Hahaha NOT
I am also a parent of children in the Stan Evans League and this is unfortunate. I heard that the RFA Varsity Coach is going to run the program. Is that true? I am not for cutting rec programs for kids either. We have to find alternative ways sometimes to fund things. We can't rely on the gov't. I think those days are gone. Wealthier community members or businesses can partner with programs and worthwhile services. I also think, if they haven't done so already, the RBA should apply for 501(c)3 status. That would make them a non-profit that could probably get tax breaks and more grant money. They will need the help of a lawyer to do this. Let's not give up, let's be creative in finding funding sources!!
the answer

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 9, 2013
Never Again wrote:
Let the mommy & daddys pay if they want there kids to box! it is not up to the tax payers of rome
I believe that this program targets children/adolescents from low-income families who cannot or will not pay. We want these high-risk youth to have healthy outlets afterschool hours. It is a worthwhile investment for the entire community!!
Matt

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Rick, tell us more about your center. Details-location, ammentities, cost, etc. interested in what you have to offer. September opening? What's the primary or anchor use?
Rich Bohning

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Feb 9, 2013
Cant disclose to much yet. Business is Business lol. If you want to get a hold of me i am always available on Saturdays at the Stan Evans games.
chillin

Baltimore, MD

#15 Feb 9, 2013
The parents do have to pay a fee to the ymca for the program. If they want to cut something how about the unneeded renovations to kennedy arena that has kept the pool in w rome closed for the last 3 summers. Freakin einsteins close one of the only forms rec for the kids in the poorest part of town.
bureaucrat morons

Albany, NY

#16 Feb 9, 2013
Have u people not figured out that Rome is filled by incompetent bureaucrats who couldn't get out of their own way if it meant not getting hit by a train. Growing up in this town there was ALWAYS rec programs available. I realize that the base leaving did a lot of damage but these programs could be funded easily if the idiots in charge stopped trying to have their say in every little thing. This town is a classic case of too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Tammy

Long Eddy, NY

#17 Feb 10, 2013
the answer wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that this program targets children/adolescents from low-income families who cannot or will not pay. We want these high-risk youth to have healthy outlets afterschool hours. It is a worthwhile investment for the entire community!!
let mommy keep her kid busy at home. maybe she could teach the brat to read
Tammy

Long Eddy, NY

#18 Feb 10, 2013
the answer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also a parent of children in the Stan Evans League and this is unfortunate. I heard that the RFA Varsity Coach is going to run the program. Is that true? I am not for cutting rec programs for kids either. We have to find alternative ways sometimes to fund things. We can't rely on the gov't. I think those days are gone. Wealthier community members or businesses can partner with programs and worthwhile services. I also think, if they haven't done so already, the RBA should apply for 501(c)3 status. That would make them a non-profit that could probably get tax breaks and more grant money. They will need the help of a lawyer to do this. Let's not give up, let's be creative in finding funding sources!!
maybe You can pay for your kid! why should the tax payers of rome be stuck doing it. do a bottle drive to make money. the dats of the free ride in rome are gone
Rich Bohning

Long Eddy, NY

#19 Feb 10, 2013
It's gonna cost 1000 per kid, no exeptions. if they cany pay, they don't play.
Rich Bohning

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Feb 10, 2013
lol not sure why someone would use my name........ Obliviously i favor cheap and affordable rec programs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Gym in Rome? 3 min Lol 91
Elks 54 min Whiner 9
Worker Comp Frauds 1 hr the truth 4
Cuomo running for Prez 1 hr Cheryl The Moron 8
amgie hilderbrant 1 hr whatever 15
News Rome Man Arrested for Eavesdropping 2 hr fact 4
Old School Shaving 11 hr Hey MORON 160

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance