First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Who Doesnt Agree

New York, NY

#1 Jun 21, 2013
http://romesentinel.com/news...

Demand protection from City Hall

I am a life long resident of Rome/Lee and am completely frustrated and disgusted with the state of affairs in this community. We have too many unsolved murders/robberies. Where is the leadership and accountability to keep our citizens safe?! No one involved with public safety should rest until murderers/criminals are brought to justice. As the police force loses credibility, it also loses the confidence of the citizens of Rome and the ability to deter crime.

The buck stops at the top, Mr. Mayor, so please demonstrate and demand excellence from yourself and the public servants. As citizens and taxpayers, we should all feel empowered to raise our voices and concerns, loudly and repeatedly until change occurs. Contact your council representatives and city leaders and demand that this city rise up to the challenges it faces to protect us all.
Solution

New York, NY

#2 Jun 21, 2013
To combat crime, neighborhoods in Oakland, Calif., Atlanta and Detroit, to name just a few, have hired private firms to patrol their neighborhoods. But residents of Clackamas County, Ore., are an independent lot. They think they have a better way.

Frustrated by an increase in petty crime, they’ve decided to forgo calling police and have taken to arming themselves.

http://personalliberty.com/2013/06/19/oregon-...

The answer is never government

The biggest lie in history is: I'm from the government and i'm here to help
John

Albany, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Who Doesnt Agree wrote:
http://romesentinel.com/news?n ewsid=20130619-142028
I am a life long resident of Rome/Lee and am completely frustrated and disgusted with the state of affairs in this community. We have too many unsolved murders/robberies. Where is the leadership and accountability to keep our citizens safe?! No one involved with public safety should rest until murderers/criminals are brought to justice. As the police force loses credibility, it also loses the confidence of the citizens of Rome and the ability to deter crime.
The buck stops at the top, Mr. Mayor, so please demonstrate and demand excellence from yourself and the public servants. As citizens and taxpayers, we should all feel empowered to raise our voices and concerns, loudly and repeatedly until change occurs. Contact your council representatives and city leaders and demand that this city rise up to the challenges it faces to protect us all.
Start paying rome taxes.
saltynuts

Rome, NY

#4 Jun 21, 2013
Sentinel
your a joke councilman

New York, NY

#5 Jun 22, 2013
http://romesentinel.com/news...
"toward our city’s excellent police department" lmao

In response to Kathleen Vitkowski’s, "Demand Protection from City Hall" article, I too, also a lifelong resident of Rome, am "...frustrated and disgusted with the state of affairs in this community." I feel the same way about the state of affairs relative to the proliferation of crime in cities throughout our entire country. However, as councilman of Rome’s first ward, and as Chairman of Public Safety for our city, I must aver that this frustration and disgust is in no way directed toward city administration or, in any way, toward our city’s excellent police department. Let me assure the citizens of Rome that, "No one involved with public safety" has rested, or intends ever to rest, until the "murderers/criminals " are brought to justice in the manner proscribed by investigative law, in which Rome’s police department is so expertly educated and so eminently prepared to execute.

This, however, has become a much more frequent endeavor everywhere. As a citizen of Rome, New York, and as a public servant in the two aforementioned city positions, I ardently support our fine police department in the tireless, professional work it does each day in protecting Rome’s citizens. Relative to crime, what city in the United States has not placed added pressure on its police department as our culture has begun to deteriorate morally? My personal knowledge allows me to state with confidence to the citizens of Rome, New York that its police department is living up to those demands, and I am proud of all of our officers’ efforts to do so. Perhaps our society’s credibility has diminished over the years...the credibility of the Rome Police Department, in reality, has not. Citizens and taxpayers are indeed "...empowered to raise our voices and concerns loudly and repeatedly..." I am asking you to do so in support of Rome’s exemplary police department.

— Councilman John M. Sparace,

133 Parkway

Its the government and their supporters ARE THE PROBLEM!
Jeannette

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2013
You all watch too many CSI's and expect a murder to be solved in 60 minutes.
First Ward Knows

Dracut, MA

#7 Jun 22, 2013
Tubby Sparace was sure to lose against JK Ciccotti so he decides not to run.....good call John.....you are worthless and no one cares about your opinion!
You are a joke......your kids have a chicken who won't run for office if challenged for a dad!
Go sit on that editorial BOY!
your a joke Jeanette

New York, NY

#8 Jun 22, 2013
Jeannette wrote:
You all watch too many CSI's and expect a murder to be solved in 60 minutes.
Thanks for applying your intelligent help to the community....stupidazz
Pay less John

New York, NY

#9 Jun 22, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text> Start paying rome taxes.
Would be a lot less tax if rpd was fired and ran by private security where competition(that government doesn't allow let alone lawfully allows)could comepete for better business and at lower prices. Go learn economics
Jeannette

United States

#10 Jun 22, 2013
your a joke Jeanette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for applying your intelligent help to the community....stupidazz
It's the only intelligent comment on here. Im sure all you scums got busted before and hold the RPD responsible.
yeah right Jeanette

Dracut, MA

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Jeannette wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the only intelligent comment on here. Im sure all you scums got busted before and hold the RPD responsible.
And we are all unemployed criminals on welfare too right Jeanette?
Shows how your mind works....do not agree with your opinion and you must be a criminal and do not dare speak against the establishment.......DO NOT TREAD ON ME!
Free Speech baby.....
John

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Pay less John wrote:
<quoted text>
Would be a lot less tax if rpd was fired and ran by private security where competition(that government doesn't allow let alone lawfully allows)could comepete for better business and at lower prices. Go learn economics
this is a stupid response. go learn how not to be a douche
RPD beat up in school

Dracut, MA

#13 Jun 22, 2013
Pay less John wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true for Rome people to grasp!
Jeannette

Calgary, Canada

#14 Jun 22, 2013
Scumbag teabaggers
I dont agree

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 22, 2013
Who Doesnt Agree wrote:
Live in Rome and pay Rome taxes. The Mayor and RPD are not responsible for someone else's actions. That falls on the person/people who do these crimes. The RPD does protect and serve and put their lives on the line every day.
In order to deter the crime, we as citizens and taxpayers need to feel empowered to raise our voices and concerns loudly and repeatedly when we see any crime happening. Whether it is domestic violence, theft, drugs anything that is wrong. Call the RPD and report loudly what we see is wrong. Look around know your surroundings and everything going on around you, if its not right, don't look in the other direction, pick up and call RPD and report. It is time we as citizens and taxpayers take back our city and move all the drug activity OUT of our CITY!! Be part of the solution, not the problem!
Jeannette

United States

#16 Jun 22, 2013
I dont agree wrote:
<quoted text>Live in Rome and pay Rome taxes. The Mayor and RPD are not responsible for someone else's actions. That falls on the person/people who do these crimes. The RPD does protect and serve and put their lives on the line every day.
In order to deter the crime, we as citizens and taxpayers need to feel empowered to raise our voices and concerns loudly and repeatedly when we see any crime happening. Whether it is domestic violence, theft, drugs anything that is wrong. Call the RPD and report loudly what we see is wrong. Look around know your surroundings and everything going on around you, if its not right, don't look in the other direction, pick up and call RPD and report. It is time we as citizens and taxpayers take back our city and move all the drug activity OUT of our CITY!! Be part of the solution, not the problem!
Awesome!
saltynuts

Rome, NY

#17 Jun 22, 2013
if jk can win anything is possible..lmao
been there

Liverpool, NY

#18 Jun 22, 2013
Who Doesnt Agree wrote:
C o R r U p T i O n !!!!!!!!!!
lee residient

Cortland, NY

#19 Jun 23, 2013
You don't have to live in Rome, to support Rome, or care about Rome. All my shopping, banking, etc. are all done in Rome. We also pay Rome School taxes. RPD need support from their elected government officials and maybe a Press. Conference would be nice for the public so we knew there is a plan to keep "our" home town safe again. Like the women said "the buck stop at the top".
Taxpayer

New York, NY

#20 Jun 23, 2013
Rome needs to have the State Police and Sheriff's take over crime fighting! The current way is not working and it is obvious to all residents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the scum that would rob a dead man? 14 min SADTRUTH 9
Tony D's Topix troll 17 min Drake 20
TonyD has to make every thread about himself. 18 min Drake 10
karma will get bouncer 1 hr RUDY 6
police brutality 1 hr Hawk480 3
Middle aged single men Rome ny 2 hr jeffjdm1 62
Rome Teacher Morale 2 hr george street 2
What's happened to Fazios auto ? 3 hr Jeff 6
what was swat team doing on s. George st 16 hr pitdog 7
The back nine restaurant & sports bar Wed whatsgoingon 296