Should someone create their own Fundr...

Should someone create their own Fundraser?

Posted in the Rome Forum

Etiquette Police

Syracuse, NY

#1 Aug 25, 2013
Do you think that a person should create their own fundraiser? I find it really ridiculous for someone to be asking for money for an illness/ surgery etc., especially when they already live off the system and are capable of working. What o you think?
AnyAndAll Means Necessary

Cantonment, FL

#2 Aug 25, 2013
Baby gotta make bank!
Etiquette Police wrote:
Do you think that a person should create their own fundraiser? I find it really ridiculous for someone to be asking for money for an illness/ surgery etc., especially when they already live off the system and are capable of working. What o you think?
Etiquette Police

Syracuse, NY

#3 Aug 25, 2013
This person is even putting banks at gas stations with their picture on them asking for money. I feel like it is no different than standing on a street corner with a tin cup in your hand. It's cheesy.
Welfare Police

Wilmington, MA

#4 Aug 25, 2013
Etiquette Police wrote:

Ok, so food stamps, help with rent, and Medicaid isn't enough so you go right to the public for a hand out!? Wow, I hope they plan on reporting their income to social services, if not, they could get in trouble
Adrian

Harlingen, TX

#5 Aug 25, 2013
Here is my fundraiser. I never ever thought in my life that I would have a fundraiser online for my family. But guess what! I do now! And I didnt do it just for fun, I did it for a reason! I lost my job that I had for over 8 years. Now Im finding it harder to find a new job. Its difficult out there. Im not going to wait by the phone for an employer to call me! I need to pay my bills! I started mowing lawns and doing landscaping once I fille out applications all over town. Ever since then I have had interviews, but I guess they arent interested.
So yeah... if you are in need and not getting unemployment and need to be able to pay your bills.... then yes, it is necessary, especially if you have a family to support. I created this fundraiser to save our home from being taken away.
Im not embarassed about it. I was at first, but then thought about it. When people need support, they can use this option. I havent recieved any donations yet, it may be because I dont have cancer or any type of sickness, but hey I am in need indeed. Here is my link , if you readers feel generous enough to help me out, then thank you very much! Really. Thank you! http://gfwd.at/18Idrrq

Adrian
Adrian

Harlingen, TX

#6 Aug 25, 2013
I am recieving foodstamps. I am a single father. I have a 8 year old to take care of . His mother has been out of the picture since he was two. One thing I noticed about support, women seem to get alot more support than fathers. If I go to the local human services and ask for support for me and my son, they give me a harder time than they would for a woman. I asked for some help paying my bills and they told me no, that all they could help me with was foodstamps and medicaid, which I am extremely generous for because without foodstamps, it would be very difficult. I mow about 3-4 yards a day making enough to pay some bills at the end of the week. This is life. When you have to ask for help... you have to ask for help!
http://gfwd.at/18Idrrq
Market Watcher

Hamilton, NY

#7 Aug 25, 2013
Anyone that throws their own fund raiser should be fully investigated. All these fund raisers drive me crazy. MOST do not realize that there are procedures that are by law for raising money for some purpose or not. I agree some people actually need assistance, like families with sick children that need to travel out of town for treatments. BUT too many fund raisers and tin cans are just a way for lazy people to supplement their income. IF these lazy people are not getting enough from SSI, food stamps, free medical (including transportation for the medical)free or low income housing, etc......
I see these cans and read about these funds raisers and just want to choke.
You need additional funds go get a job, even minimum wage is better than begging. Don't say there are no jobs out there....maybe just not the lazy ass jobs you want to do.
AND IF YOU STILL NEED TO BEG.....get your tin cup or a cardboard box and sit outside some public building with a sign...I AM TOO LAZY TO WORK!
I see too much begging on Craigs list too!
Market Watcher

Hamilton, NY

#8 Aug 25, 2013
AND if you can afford a computer and pay the monthly services, maybe instead of begging you should think of cutting your costs. ANY church will help those in need, stop sponging off the public
Everything YouKnowIsWrong

Cantonment, FL

#9 Aug 26, 2013
Another cold-hearted greedy SOB heard from~ yeah, everyone that's in need wants to get hooked up with a church group.
Market Watcher wrote:
AND if you can afford a computer and pay the monthly services, maybe instead of begging you should think of cutting your costs. ANY church will help those in need, stop sponging off the public
Don't come to the public when you want financing for another bogus cronyism-supported public works project, or think we should bail out your favorite bank because all your schemes and plans were just a front for your over-lavish lifestyle & power trips.
Adrian

Harlingen, TX

#10 Aug 26, 2013
Chill out. You all dont need to be so mean. Im sure you all are financially stable. This is the reason you talk the way you talk. Not everyone is a scammer. I know there are tons of scams out there. But I assure you I am not one.
Etiquette Police

Rome, NY

#11 Aug 26, 2013
Hold your horses. There is someone publicly asking for people to give to their fundraiser for surgery they are having. This person does not, and has never worked. This person is on full SSI and welfare. This person just bragged that an item that was stolen from them cost over $700. A toy that a "poor" adult has no business having, ESPECIALLY when a few posts later they are asking the public for money, to help with a surgery, that will already be fully covered by your tax dollars. I feel like this person is scamming people, right out in the open....THIS is my question. Do you think THIS is appropriate?
Etiquette Police

Rome, NY

#12 Aug 26, 2013
Adrian wrote:
Chill out. You all dont need to be so mean. Im sure you all are financially stable. This is the reason you talk the way you talk. Not everyone is a scammer. I know there are tons of scams out there. But I assure you I am not one.
I live paycheck to paycheck, me work my butt off for it.
Pit loves

Tully, NY

#13 Aug 26, 2013
I no who u talkin bout she dirty an neva shut up on fb I delete her. She wellfare for sure. Kids always dirty face u should donat soap with direcshins she on fb all days long
Snelly people

Syracuse, NY

#14 Aug 27, 2013
There's no reason she can't work either
Jobs around Rome

Sherburne, NY

#19 Aug 30, 2013
Adrian, how can you afford to be on a computer if your that broke? I saw a help wanted sign at Hummels Office Supply today (Friday) if you're interested.
Miss Handout

Syracuse, NY

#20 Sep 2, 2013
I do NOT think she should be asking for donations. If she is getting Medicaid, it will all be paid for, so what will she need money for? I am so tired of people wanting a hand out. There are jobs out there for anyone. I think people should take a job, any job, even McDonald's if it means you actually are trying to make an effort. If her and her husband both don't work, one could stay home and watch the children. That's what's wrong with this society, they think jobs are beneath them, so they will collect welfare instead. Shame.
lol

Syracuse, NY

#21 Sep 5, 2013
Do you people realize that you can use the computer at the library?
Watching you

Rome, NY

#22 Sep 9, 2013
She's using her phone, it's obvious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Birnie Bus 1 hr OpenEyes 3
Venereal Disease 2 hr Billy goat 3
Oneida county active warrants list ? 3 hr Stittville residence 1
News Rome Man Creates Amazing Short Film About The C... 5 hr redbaron 4
Party barge on L Delta 5 hr Brexit Brentwood ... 68
White bmw 6 hr Johnny 6
No Balz topix posters 8 hr Hypocrite 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages