Remembering 3 Kids Shot and Killed by...

Remembering 3 Kids Shot and Killed by RPD In West Rome

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rememberance

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Feb 13, 2012
I went to school with a couple of them and hung out with the survivor not long after incident.

Good kids, lives cut short by a RPD cop.

We Still remember you's.
never forgot that day

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 13, 2012
Rememberance wrote:
I went to school with a couple of them and hung out with the survivor not long after incident.
Good kids, lives cut short by a RPD cop.
We Still remember you's.
Mike and Dellon were in my class and that was a day that changed my life forever. I had just seen mike that morning and then he was gone. 18 years goes by quick!
lol

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 13, 2012
I played baseball with Mike....great kid!!
TOP CAT

Syracuse, NY

#4 Feb 13, 2012
was this the retired cop
crazy

Syracuse, NY

#5 Feb 13, 2012
Wow thats nuts makes me think about my kids not being safe around these police these days!
lol

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Feb 13, 2012
yes top cat.
Truth Be Told

Springfield, MA

#7 Feb 13, 2012
He was dismissed nearly 2 years prior to this incident after serving only 6 years on the force. After shooting the kids and another neighbor, he shot himself. He was not a police officer, he didn't even have the strength to be a police officer, and he cowardly attacked children and then shot himself dead, over a garden hose.

Very tragic day in Rome, but definitely not caused by a cop.
RomanRoller

Hamilton, NY

#8 Feb 13, 2012
First of all he was a former Rome cop. He was removed from the force. Whoever made this thread, you're a moron. Your trying to make it look like an active member of Rome PD went on a shooting rampage when that isn't the case. What happened was absolutely horrible. They were indeed good kids and will always be missed. You are so ignorant by posting a statement like, "lives cut short by a Rome PD cop!" And by the way who cares if you hung out with Jim after the shooting! Did you happen to hang out with the elderly woman who also got shot by this lunatic?
an old dad

Watertown, NY

#9 Feb 13, 2012
never forgot that day wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike and Dellon were in my class and that was a day that changed my life forever. I had just seen mike that morning and then he was gone. 18 years goes by quick!
mike was good buds with my son. probably you too. those killings changed him and our family forever as well. now you guys are grown with families of your own. i hope those boys parents know that they're not forgotten. it was so senseless. the only lesson i felt could be learned was and still is "you shouldn't fcuk with people". you just never know who's right on the edge. the boys were mischievous and cut the
EX-cop's garden hose knowing he was obsessive about it. kind of a mean thing to do but they sure as hell didn't deserve to die for it. so kids, teach your kids well because it seems to me we still have plenty of borderline psychopaths in our midst. stay out of their "crosshairs".
an old dad

Watertown, NY

#10 Feb 13, 2012
...and of course this case never did and never will reflect poorly on RPD. To suggest otherwise is preposterous.
Truth

East Haven, CT

#11 Feb 13, 2012
I grew up with these kids. The adults encouraged them to do this. The Merola guy was nuts and they knee this. I guess that is why he was fired.seems like the police knew what they were doing. Guess I still place blame on the garaffolos.they were the ones who were truly responsible for this happening.
Really

Blossvale, NY

#12 Feb 13, 2012
Truth wrote:
I grew up with these kids. The adults encouraged them to do this. The Merola guy was nuts and they knee this. I guess that is why he was fired.seems like the police knew what they were doing. Guess I still place blame on the garaffolos.they were the ones who were truly responsible for this happening.
Why do you say the Garafalo's were responsible? I have never heard that part of the story.
I Know The Truth

United States

#13 Feb 13, 2012
Ok what year did all of this happen I just don't remember it
Interesting

United States

#14 Feb 13, 2012
I remember it well. Horrible.
TOP CAT

Long Eddy, NY

#15 Feb 13, 2012
I Know The Truth wrote:
Ok what year did all of this happen I just don't remember it
Do the math STUPID! 18 years ago!NO GOOD ROME COP! If they took away his GUN when they fired him, the 3 boys would be alive today!
Please please

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Feb 14, 2012
1994, May
In the know

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Feb 14, 2012
TOP CAT wrote:
was this the retired cop
This was an abusive person who was fired!!!! Not Rome PD!!!! a disturbed person who was harased by those unfortunate kids. The house that they (the deceased young boys)visited was the point of most of the harasment that this low life(EX RPD)recieved. I just wish someone could have shot this EX!!!!!cop before those children were killed.
!!!!!!NOT A ROME COP!!!!!!!
Jon 1

Dover, DE

#18 Feb 14, 2012
He was a FIRED ROME COP!
I Know The Truth

United States

#19 Feb 14, 2012
Wow very sad
Rememberance

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Feb 14, 2012
You nasty lil pigs, he was a rome cop, who got let go just before incident, because like most cops, he was mentally unstable!

Rome cop, fired because mentally ill, then shoots kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ashley paul prego again 1 hr Someone finally s... 2
Tyler Sharron 4 hr Cant stand u or u... 10
Dominick N. 5 hr whitewater 49
Know you history 7 hr birnie 5
new wic builiding on corner of madison st and w... 7 hr frankcor 3
orlando shooting was engineered by the Trump ca... 7 hr Fggts 19
Sunoco armed robbery 8 hr Dafuq 11

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance