New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Dr Bumbaclot

Queensbury, NY

#10733 Sep 20, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
if your hinting that it was the american civil war your wrong...it was the taiping rebellion...followed by the mexican revolution which had 1 million casualties...
the american civil war had 618,000
The bloodiest civil war was between those who believe in the sanctity of life and those that don't, 57 million Americans dead and a daily body count that is never reported by the press

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10734 Sep 20, 2012
Please read a well written WSJ opinion piece by Andy Kessler from Wednesday in the Journal "i-side economics" it explains the absurdity of obamas total lack of economic understanding.

And don't believe the Polls, obama is running scared.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10736 Sep 20, 2012
shameless-li wrote:
congrats to tim pawlenty on his new job...
i wonder what he knows that no one else knows yet:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former...
"......show me the money......."
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#10737 Sep 20, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Lets face it guys,the only thing that is going to fix our goverment is the planet blowing up or when the people get fed up enough to march on the White House to remind these fools that they work for us,we don't work for them. I think that either isn't too far off sadly.Just saying.
well said...i'll charter a bus just in case you don't feel like marching.
but i can see that day is coming soon.
democrat

Massena, NY

#10738 Sep 20, 2012
Ha Ha and Pigpen,is your love making session over?How come corporate welfare doesn't anger you?What about millionaires and billionaires,who pay no taxes,that doesn't bother you?As for what the constitution says,it says the govt. has the power to tax.I'm always amazed by people who defend ,men like Mitt,who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.It was people like him,that took good American jobs and outsourced them to China,bought out companies,bankrupted them and looted their pension funds,yet you defend them.You are against the wall street bankers and hedge fund managers,who caused this huge recession,having to pay a higher tax rate.How come the only anger,you can muster is against the little guy getting a govt. break,but have no anger against people who stole, more then 10 million recepients of welfare,could get in a lifetime.Why do you grovel at their feet?These people produced no jobs,they just phonied up pieces of paper and nearly ruined our nation,and you defend them.Bullshit,when Romney was talking about the 47%,he meant everybody,soldiers,pensioners, caregivers,disabled,everybody. Now he's lying by saying he didn't mean that group or that group.Maybe you like people dumping on you,but some of us don't put up with that kind of bs.
democrat

Massena, NY

#10739 Sep 20, 2012
As for the TSA,if they deliberately stopped searching people,the ones knocking them now,would be hollering the loudest after the first plane was blown up.These terrorist,have shown how easily a bomb can be made,and that it can be made from anything.You criticize,but offer no answers,as to how you would solve the problem.I also never said the govt. should be able to violate the need to get a proper warrant before entering and searching anyones' home.Getting searched before boarding an airplane is a totally different scenario,then police entering your home illegally.
democrat

Massena, NY

#10740 Sep 20, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Please read a well written WSJ opinion piece by Andy Kessler from Wednesday in the Journal "i-side economics" it explains the absurdity of obamas total lack of economic understanding.
And don't believe the Polls, obama is running scared.

Do you mean the same WSJ,that is owned by Murdoch,who also owns Fox noise?Or do you mean the WSJ,that was publishing articles and Op ed pieces,without revealing their ties to Mitt Romneys' campaign?Please explain?
democrat

Massena, NY

#10741 Sep 20, 2012
Dr Bumbaclot wrote:
<quoted text>
The bloodiest civil war was between those who believe in the sanctity of life and those that don't, 57 million Americans dead and a daily body count that is never reported by the press

More anti -abortion propaganda.From the same people that oppose,sex education,WIC,food stamps,medical care for infants,easy access to contraception,etc,etc.The same type of people,who tell a child,you are now out of the birth canal,so you are on your own.Total hypocrites.
democrat

Massena, NY

#10742 Sep 20, 2012
nac wrote:
Instead of provoking any thought, the quote drives you two to try to refute the source.
Good little sheep!
It was a phony quote,and even if he did say it,why should I agree with it?Just because a great man said something 200+ years ago,doesn't always make it a pearl of wisdom.As for the sheep remark,baa,baa,yourself.Now shit or get off the pot.You are a dyed in the wool republican and you know it.99% of your criticisms have been against the dems,yet like teddy you pose as an independent,bs.
democrat

Massena, NY

#10743 Sep 20, 2012
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/09/11/the-w...

And they have the nerve to criticize the NYT,and cite the WSJ as honest journalism.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10744 Sep 20, 2012
democrat wrote:
Ha Ha and Pigpen,is your love making session over?How come corporate welfare doesn't anger you?What about millionaires and billionaires,who pay no taxes,that doesn't bother you?As for what the constitution says,it says the govt. has the power to tax.I'm always amazed by people who defend ,men like Mitt,who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.It was people like him,that took good American jobs and outsourced them to China,bought out companies,bankrupted them and looted their pension funds,yet you defend them.You are against the wall street bankers and hedge fund managers,who caused this huge recession,having to pay a higher tax rate.How come the only anger,you can muster is against the little guy getting a govt. break,but have no anger against people who stole, more then 10 million recepients of welfare,could get in a lifetime.Why do you grovel at their feet?These people produced no jobs,they just phonied up pieces of paper and nearly ruined our nation,and you defend them.Bullshit,when Romney was talking about the 47%,he meant everybody,soldiers,pensioners, caregivers,disabled,everybody. Now he's lying by saying he didn't mean that group or that group.Maybe you like people dumping on you,but some of us don't put up with that kind of bs.
Another progressive with nothing but the left's talking points,how sad.Your God Obama has outsourced/sent more jobs overseas than Romney ever did.Did you forget about GM after the taxpayer's loan they got(which isn't paid back)and sent 100's of jobs overseas? How about Tesler? You know the company that got millions and sent their production overseas?,forgot about that one also?Just one more Zippy,G.E. moved more jobs ten fold overseas in one year than Romney did in his time at Blane. The same company that Obama appointed it's CEO to head up his "jobs" cazar,Jeff Emitt,I know,you forgot about that one too.You asked if it pisses me off at big companies get what you call welfare?,damn right it does,but at least they provide jobs and products unlike the crime,druga and fatherless children like your bleeding heart liberal love so much. Now try to read and learn from some other sources than HOPO and the rest of the B/S MSM.OH-OH,I almost forgot,your rant about Romney attacking our troops, the sick and elderly are 100% lies and B/S,so typical of your type.Try for once to open your eyes to the truth Zippy.

pigpen911

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10745 Sep 20, 2012
democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a phony quote,and even if he did say it,why should I agree with it?Just because a great man said something 200+ years ago,doesn't always make it a pearl of wisdom.As for the sheep remark,baa,baa,yourself.Now shit or get off the pot.You are a dyed in the wool republican and you know it.99% of your criticisms have been against the dems,yet like teddy you pose as an independent,bs.
God,you liberals will spin any and everything you don't like,what losers and cowards.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#10746 Sep 20, 2012
democrat wrote:
Ha Ha and Pigpen, is your love making session over?
You are living up to Pigpen911ís analysis of a liberal democrat. If you wanna be heard, you gotta say something worth listening to.
democrat wrote:
How come corporate welfare doesn't anger you? What about millionaires and billionaires, who pay no taxes, that doesn't bother you?
Actually, corporate welfare DOES anger me. I believe that the corporations are using their money to manipulate the lawmakers against the people. So, like you Ö I would love to remove them from politics with a hammer.
democrat wrote:
I'm always amazed by people who defend, men like Mitt, who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. It was people like him, that took good American jobs and outsourced them to China, bought out companies, bankrupted them and looted their pension funds, yet you defend them. You are against the Wall Street bankers and hedge fund managers, who caused this huge recession, having to pay a higher tax rate.

You might want to go back and read my posts again. I NEVER defended Mitt Romney (read: Buffoon), I also did not defend the wall street bankers Ö but I will say that it was the fault of the government regulators and watch dogs that either didnít do their jobs or were outright bought that allowed the wall streeters to get away with so much.
democrat wrote:
How come the only anger, you can muster is against the little guy getting a govt. break, but have no anger against people who stole, more then 10 million recepients of welfare, could get in a lifetime. Why do you grovel at their feet? These people produced no jobs, they just phonied up pieces of paper and nearly ruined our nation, and you defend them. Bullshit, when Romney was talking about the 47%,he meant everybody, soldiers, pensioners, caregivers, disabled, everybody. Now he's lying by saying he didn't mean that group or that group.
Again, I DID NOT defend this group either. It appears we agree on this point as well. The Military industrial complex, big pharma, the banking industry and unions have our government bought and paid for. Our elected officials should have to wear patches that indicate who sponsors them like a NASCAR driver.
democrat wrote:
Maybe you like people dumping on you, but some of us don't put up with that kind of bs.
See the first point.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#10747 Sep 20, 2012
democrat wrote:
As for the TSA, if they deliberately stopped searching people, the ones knocking them now, would be hollering the loudest after the first plane was blown up. These terrorist, have shown how easily a bomb can be made, and that it can be made from anything.
Actually, Al Qaeda has NEVER successfully blown up a plane in the US. The shoe bomber and the underwear bomber were both UNSUCCESSFUL! Neither of their bombs worked. If anything, it shows how difficult it is to make a successful bomb. That is why it was necessary for them to hijack the whole plane and use it as a missile. Locking the doors to cabins before 9/11 would have changed the outcome completely. But if you look at the stupid things the TSA has done in their quest to look like they are competent, you would see how dangerous these losers are!
Here is a story of the TSA damaging a whole fleet of aircraft because the agent was a retard.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story...
The damaged Pitot tubes listed in the article above are one of the major contributing factors that brought down the Air France flight 447. http://www.rttnews.com/1917772/air-france-cra...
So basically, the TSA has a better chance of bringing down a plane than Al Qaeda does.
democrat wrote:
You criticize, but offer no answers, as to how you would solve the problem.

The government uses fear mongering to justify stealing your civil rights. Before the US foreign policy became to meddle in other countries business, the airlines took care of their own security. Doing business in an area where they canít control the security is costly and a waste of money.
Itís just like there are pools of oil oozing out of the ground in Iraq, but few companies invest in pumping it, because of the instability of the population. So it just sits.
So, my answer is to let the airlines manage security. When the government screws it up, good luck suing them!
democrat wrote:
I also never said the govt. should be able to violate the need to get a proper warrant before entering and searching anyoneís' home. Getting searched before boarding an airplane is a totally different scenario, then police entering your home illegally.
No, you didnít say the government should be able to search our homes Ö you said that the government doesnít come to peopleís homes and search them Ö but they do! And they use the Patriot Act to override the constitution. Just like the government uses the TSA to override peopleís right to be secure in their person.
Obama campaign song

United States

#10748 Sep 20, 2012
Just released 2day: http://youtu.be/7xxgRUyzgs0
Breaking Znews

Buffalo, NY

#10749 Sep 20, 2012
http://www.ijreview.com/2012/09/16722-the-pre...

Obama's new flag for America. OMG!
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#10750 Sep 20, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Krugman,a noble Laureate,says it worked.Your citing is rubbish.
That's it? That's your learned refutation of the content of the article I posted? Really? That's all you got? PAUL KRUGMAN for pete's sake?

Paul Krugman - Keynesian Idiot:

http://thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com/20...

Now, if you have some valid reasoned and fact-based critical analysis of the paper I posted, I'm interested in reading it.

Otherwise the hard data is clear - only one dollar was added to the economy for every three dollars of Obama "Stimulus" money wasted.

Throw the incompetent bum out.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#10752 Sep 20, 2012
Northwoods Ponytailed Hippie Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy,quit the phony know it all bs,you get most of your info.by googling it,then trying to pass it off as your own.No google involved,I will go toe to toe,with your knowldege of history of the world,any day any where.You are as phony as phony can be.Google,worlds most deadly civil war,why it happened in china.Google,quotes about democracy devouring itself,see ben franklin,or scottish professor.Don't give me this know it all bs.You get your info off of google,rearrange and pass it off as your own.
Yeah - we're all awestruck by your learned knowledge. You know more stuff that isn't so than about anyone else here.

All bow down before the Northwoods Ponytailed Hippie Democrat - the Sage of Topix.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#10753 Sep 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="Northwoods Ponytailed Hippie Democrat, Serial Plagiarist"]<quoted text>
Teddy,any idiot,even one as dumb as you knew i was quoting others,I wasn't dressing it up and calling it my own like you do.You haven't had an original idea yet,just old rehashed fox talking points or other right wing bs.But I did make you work to see who said it,and thats all I really wanted to do,you pos.You are easier then a 5 dollar whore.[/QUOTE]

Really. You were "quoting others."

With no quotation marks to set off what you were quoting from your own ideas.

With no citations of the original sources from which and from whom you were quoting.

You have an interesting idea of what "quoting others" is.

In the real world, what you are doing is known as PLAGIARIZING others, not "quoting" them - an academic crime.

Dismissed.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#10754 Sep 20, 2012
Northwoods Ponytailed Hippie Democrat wrote:
Teddy,now let me get this straight.You are saying when you bought your home,you never deducted the interest on the loan when paying your taxes.Or if you paid cash for your home,are you saying you would not have used this deduction,had you borrowed money to finance your home.When you could deduct interest on car loans and such are you saying you never deducted the interest at tax time,and wouldn't have,even if you paid cash.In other words you would never have or would avail yourself of any federal tax deduction,not even for children.Even though this discriminates against single people.If your answer is a truthful yes,then I retract my statement about you being a liar.Just so long as we are clear about the fact that you have never used any govt. tax deductions,for anything,and ignored them at tax time,business exemptions being excepted,of course.
Still bullsh!t, Northwoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bass fishing 8 min Fish on 5
Tenney 16 min Really 3
Jackie Morgan..Any one know her story?? (Oct '10) 6 hr BFg 3
nancy tucker in rome , ny ? 6 hr oldman 1
Chet Vinci a Peeping Tom ? (Feb '11) 7 hr Bobby 7
John Ciotti??? 10 hr True story 20
Girls who lie about their age should get crimin... 12 hr okimar 12
News Homeless man gets makeover from big-hearted cops 13 hr fly 14 43

Rome Jobs

More from around the web