First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned Roman

Turin, NY

#1 Mar 12, 2014
Waited since November to see what kind of talk radio format the new WKAL-AM would take on. Well now that I've had my fill of old Stan Freberg ad spots, classic country, roaring '20s music and weird hypnotic monotonous instrumentals that sound like movie soundtracks (engineering test broadcasts indeed), I was expecting some Dennis Miller, Marc Levin, Laura Ingraham, you know, the programming we were used to on the old WRUN. Marilu Henner and some female shrink is all I get from the new WKAL. Very disappointing. I'll stick with WIBX and WSYR, thank you!
Roman

New Hartford, NY

#2 Mar 12, 2014
we really dont care what you think!!!!!!!!!
concerned Roman

Turin, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2014
Roman wrote:
It's way past your bedtime, group home consumer!(Who pray tell is "we"?) troll......
Chad

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Mar 13, 2014
Roman wrote:
get a hobby vinnie
Beans

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2014
WKAL has sucked and will always suck
Love me some WKAL

Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 13, 2014
concerned Roman wrote:
I was expecting some Dennis Miller, Marc Levin, Laura Ingraham,
Thanks for the heads up! Now i'll be listening to the new WKAL! So glad the don't promote insanity.
Legal Eagle

Syracuse, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2014
Beans wrote:
WKAL has sucked and will always suck
Hasn't been on the air in years Call Letters WKAL became WFRG in 1988, way before you were born
Beans

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 15, 2014
not so bozo!
Where is the antenna

Watertown, NY

#11 Mar 16, 2014
Is the antenna in south Rome? Anybody know where the WKAL antenna is? What's the transmitter power?
Young cop

AOL

#12 Mar 16, 2014
The antenna be hidden in dave kanes worthless azz!
Pat

Syracuse, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2014
Where is the antenna wrote:
Is the antenna in south Rome? Anybody know where the WKAL antenna is? What's the transmitter power?
Same place it's been for 40 some years
whassup

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 19, 2014
concerned Roman wrote:
Waited since November to see what kind of talk radio format the new WKAL-AM would take on. Well now that I've had my fill of old Stan Freberg ad spots, classic country, roaring '20s music and weird hypnotic monotonous instrumentals that sound like movie soundtracks (engineering test broadcasts indeed), I was expecting some Dennis Miller, Marc Levin, Laura Ingraham, you know, the programming we were used to on the old WRUN. Marilu Henner and some female shrink is all I get from the new WKAL. Very disappointing. I'll stick with WIBX and WSYR, thank you!
You mean WUTI on 1150 AM?'RUN's call sign went to public radio I thought.
whassup

Utica, NY

#15 Mar 19, 2014
Love me some WKAL wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the heads up! Now i'll be listening to the new WKAL! So glad the don't promote insanity.
I don't know about that; I tuned in to the Henner show, and after about ten minutes of it I found that's even worse than watching Oprah!
Worry wart

Watertown, NY

#16 Mar 20, 2014
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Same place it's been for 40 some years
Which is where? Please answer.
Carman

Watertown, NY

#17 Mar 20, 2014
Anybody remember Carman Pocheeka? Used to listen to him when I was a kid hoping there would be a snow day.
Craven Moorehead

Saranac Lake, NY

#18 Mar 23, 2014
I was most disappointed when they finally went on the air,it sucks.
Samurai Sausage

Utica, NY

#19 Mar 25, 2014
muck road
Please

New Paltz, NY

#20 Mar 25, 2014
They just went on the air, give them a chance. I agree I was not impressed with Henner's show, but they need some time to work the kinks out. Don't give up on them yet. People around here give up on things way too soon which is why we have such a problem keeping anything around. Stop being so ready to trash anything new.
lil dog

Syracuse, NY

#21 Mar 25, 2014
Worry wart wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is where? Please answer.
where it ben 40 yr that
Engineer

Syracuse, NY

#22 Mar 25, 2014
Samurai Sausage wrote:
muck road
NO wrong tower that was WRNU/WUUU The WKAL tower is South Madison Street. Studio is remote like many now a days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sing the chilles jingle to fanfarillo 2 min TRUMP aint no chump 10
Just be a cop and you can get away with everyth... 43 min Stupid 25
Karma 1 hr Joffy 11
Irate Parent 1 hr Irate Parent 1
Stop Matt Cummings before he does it again 2 hr Buddy 4
all N words go to heaven 3 hr Hahaha 3
Thomas st Rome ny 3 hr Hahaha 27

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance