CN Nails by Big Lot's

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stella

United States

#1 Feb 9, 2010
I'd like to know if anyone else out there has had the same rude, careless treatment at this nail salon as I have. The manicure came out terrible and all two of their workers did the whole time she worked on my hands was talk, talk, talk, in whatever their native language is. I happen to know that they both speak English fairly well. I had someone else with me when this happened but the next time - if ever I go in there I am going to let them know that speaking another language in front of others is considered RUDE in this country. I tried to tell the nail girl that she was doing a poor job but she kept ignoring whatever I said. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE! Speak English this is AMERICA!!!
hear say

Minoa, NY

#2 Feb 9, 2010
I heard that they are pretty rude over there -and that their pedicures are horrible. My mother in law went there to have a pedi and the girl cut off almost all of her toe nail and didn't even paint her entire nail! I go to Fashion Nails by Carbone Ford - they are really clean and nice and do a nice job.
seriously

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 9, 2010
even if they were speaking english, it is still rude. keep it professional, people, and keep your personal issues to yourselves when youre at work. pay attention to your clients/customers.
Pink Toes

United States

#4 Feb 9, 2010
I grew up in NYC and there are many different languages spoken there but rarely do you hear people speak anything but English when there are customers around.

My daughter studied abroad and became fluent in the language of that country. When she returned here she was getting her hair done and the attendants had no idea that she was fluent in their language. When she had listened long enough she responded to them in their language. Their damn mouths dropped open and she walked out without leaving a tip. She had to pay for the hair cut.

They had been making some very disparaging remarks about spoiled rotten Americans and how much the woman would like to yank her blonde hair out by its black roots.

So maybe we should interupt these rude people and say, "Please speak English in front of me? It makes me a happuer customer." And then tip accordingly.
Pinky

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2010
Went there a few days ago and they were still chatting at each other in their language. I asked them to stop but they didn't. I thought I was the only person who found this to be annoying until I found this forum.

I'm not going back there anymore. There are many other places in Rome.
youurr girrrl

Chazy, NY

#6 Feb 17, 2010
they suck , i walked outta
there one day in the summer
without paying because they did
such a shitty job .
4 real

Long Eddy, NY

#7 May 29, 2010
i went then to get my nails done be4 and i had this guy named peter do my nails he is very rude!!!!! he almost broke my fingers he sitts in the last chair in the back when you do go there dont have him do them!!!

heres another story about peter my aunt went there on her lunch break and she got her nails done and she wonted to have a air brush done and then told her they couldnt do it because it takes to long so she walked out without out paying and thold them she wasnt coming back
wow seriouslyy

Utica, NY

#8 May 29, 2010
thanks for the info guys..i need a pedi and now i know not to go there and i was gonna check that place out too...the one next to tanning bed is good they speak chinese too but they do a good job..especially there pedicures...unlike fashion nails near the laundry mat..they drop ur feet in the water and then throw some paint on and ur done! they are horrible!
FYI

Potsdam, NY

#9 May 29, 2010
It's not Chinese. The vast majority of these people are from Vietnam. They speak Vietnamese freely in front of ALL of their customers, and yes, to those of us in the western world it IS rude. I too go to Fashion nails by Carbone, and they are much better than most, but they still speak to each other in Vietnamese right in front of me, and constantly.

I choose to accept it because they truly mean to be accommodating, and as I personally have never been uprooted from my home country and transplanted to an entirely different world, I won't cast aspersions on people who occasionally feel better speaking their own language to their own kind. Do I think they are making fun of me? No. They are simply doing what they know, so give them a break.
FYI

Potsdam, NY

#10 May 29, 2010
wow seriouslyy wrote:
thanks for the info guys..i need a pedi and now i know not to go there and i was gonna check that place out too...the one next to tanning bed is good they speak chinese too but they do a good job..especially there pedicures...unlike fashion nails near the laundry mat..they drop ur feet in the water and then throw some paint on and ur done! they are horrible!
Sorry, but if you want truth they are terrible. I went several times to give them a fair chance, and stopped after being cut severely the last time. The female owner is rude and aggressive-- which has nothing to do with her ethnicity, she is just rude. When I nicely pointed out that I had blood streaming down my finger, she said I was too "sensitive". I took a band-aid, walked out and never returned. But YES, I paid.
peddi

Ithaca, NY

#11 May 29, 2010
hear say wrote:
I heard that they are pretty rude over there -and that their pedicures are horrible. My mother in law went there to have a pedi and the girl cut off almost all of her toe nail and didn't even paint her entire nail! I go to Fashion Nails by Carbone Ford - they are really clean and nice and do a nice job.
i go there too and they are another bunch that use their native language alot. makes you feel like they are talking about their customers. i'm not so sure i am going back there. it makes me very uncomfortable. it's rude..very rude.
lol

United States

#12 May 30, 2010
I called from the parking lot to tell them about themselves so I didn't make a scene. Peter did mine and I really wanted to knock him sensless. I usually have a lot of pacience but that guy really pushed me too far!
American Nails

East Syracuse, NY

#13 May 31, 2010
I went to CN just ONCE & experienced the same treatment (crummy nail job & constant talking in their language).. paid & never went back.

I then chose to find an AMERICAN at a local shop & I choose to go to her as repeat customer. Not only does she speak English & talk to YOU instead of everyone else in the shop - she is the actual person on her license. She did not send someone else to nail school & obtain a NY license for her!!

Granted she maybe a few bucks more expensive but I am keeping a LOCAL, AMERICAN person in business!
Hmmm

Hartford, CT

#14 Jun 1, 2010
I went there last week it was the second or third time I went there for a pedicure. I went back because they did a good job. Peter did my nails as well and they came out nice.
They do speak Korean but whatever if there talking about me so be it,They are doing my feet so really let them say what they want....LOL
SERIOUSLY

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jun 1, 2010
I went there and i got the guy, and he was on his cell phone most of the time, YELLING at a girl, calling her a dumb B.i.t.c.h.. and telling her what to do. WHILE HE WAS DOING MY NAILS. it was so rude. i like the place on black river next 2 the tanning place. They are the same people from Fashion Nails Next 2 Little Ceasers Pizza. They just opened their own, i think its the kids? Idk, but they were nice and did a better job then CN nails.
Courtney

Cortland, NY

#16 Jun 1, 2010
I usually go to Fashion Nails by either Hawaiian Holiday or Colonial Laundromat, I made the mistake of stopping at CN Nails because both of those were extremely busy. This was last Friday morning.

I waited for 30 minutes to even get in a chair. When I did the girl just took my nailpolish off and sanded down my nails then sent me to sit down and wait until her friend could finish for her.

Well 25 minutes later her friend did my nails and they are horrible. My acrylics on my thumbs are two different sizes width-wise. My index acrylic is at an angle. The airbrush doesn't match and is HORRIBLE!
pinkylii

Waterloo, Canada

#17 Jun 1, 2010
I've never had a problem with them I go all the time I just went and I'm happy idk maybe u have to kno them better but I won't go anywhere else cuz the problems I've had
Tinkerbell9

Brooklyn, NY

#18 May 8, 2012
I heard about this place but don't know if it is good or not? Is this place any good cause I'm tryin to find a decent and good place to get my nails done with acrylics
sick of it

United States

#19 May 8, 2012
I go to fusion nails by the laundry mat and im not happy with the price change or the quality! White airbrush is free but chips off the same day u get them done and they charge 3.00 just to paint the tip a color! Wth... what's the difference if you paint the whole nail or just the tip? It doesn't make sense to me. You would think they would be saving time and supply cost buy just painting just the tip. Im looking for a new place!
Welly aka Welfare

Brooklyn, NY

#20 May 8, 2012
They usually take to long on my toes and fingers i guess cause they so BIG,but that still no excuse.

EBT ENJOY BACON TODAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Ovieda and Danielle Danielski 7 min smdh 9
$99 Transmission Flush (May '11) 9 min Jonlee 6
Can dish it out but can not take the truth 1 hr BillieJo 3
Alessa hogan 1 hr Wow 11
the Pope blows it 4 hr P P Man 9
Another post gone 4 hr Michele 6
private tatoo (Apr '12) 4 hr Needles 81

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance