Dicastro and Lifted Sponsorship

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Roman Snowboarder

Rome, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
While reading over the Daily Sentinel this evening, I came across an article that really disturbed me. The article stated that Derek Dicastro struck an autistic person in the face which resulted in a laceration in need of several stitches. Afterwards in the police report, he tried lying about it. I have seen Derek snow board numerous times as he is without a doubt talented. Who also had natural talent was Lance Armstrong but that did not stop Nike Livestrong from terminating their sponsorship. What makes Derek so special not to drop his sponsorship? This is a very serious allegation that a community role model has plead guilty to. I feel as though Lifted should not be subjected to this negative/disgusting display of human behavior. Also, this is a heck of a lot worse than what Armstrong did.
hmmm

Fayetteville, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Justice shall prevail.
Depending on the degree of the charge, his obligations to the sponsorship shall certainly be difficult.

Ha. Ha.
And

Watertown, NY

#3 Feb 23, 2013
Roman Snowboarder wrote:
While reading over the Daily Sentinel this evening, I came across an article that really disturbed me. The article stated that Derek Dicastro struck an autistic person in the face which resulted in a laceration in need of several stitches. Afterwards in the police report, he tried lying about it. I have seen Derek snow board numerous times as he is without a doubt talented. Who also had natural talent was Lance Armstrong but that did not stop Nike Livestrong from terminating their sponsorship. What makes Derek so special not to drop his sponsorship? This is a very serious allegation that a community role model has plead guilty to. I feel as though Lifted should not be subjected to this negative/disgusting display of human behavior. Also, this is a heck of a lot worse than what Armstrong did.
and how we're you affected by this situation again? Oh you weren't. Just so we are clear, the paper prints what the cops tell them to. And it's not quilty or not quilty. It's what the DA can prove.
wow really

Longmeadow, MA

#4 Feb 23, 2013
Kinda like how the paper printed that Tony Destito threw a chair at a girl in Lupias which was later proved to be bs? But since the paper printed it some of the idiots in this town still believee it to be true? Don't believe everything you read, especially in the Rome Setinel.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 23, 2013
And wrote:
<quoted text>and how we're you affected by this situation again? Oh you weren't. Just so we are clear, the paper prints what the cops tell them to. And it's not quilty or not quilty. It's what the DA can prove.
He admitted guilt. This has nothing to do with the cops,it is the court record. There was a witness who would not lie for him. Yes it is not nice to have feces wiped on you but if you are in that line of work it happens. These people who live in these houses are there for a reason. They can not fight back like everyone else so they do what they can. He obviously was not a very patient worker. To have so much rage as to hit someone hard enough that they need 7 stitches is crazy. He should not have been in that line of work. I do believe he will do time for this and loose his sponsorship. I am sure they were just waiting for the outcome. People are innocent until proven guilty. They probably could do nothing until they knew for sure. The fact that he admitted guilt now will most likely end it.
The original Hello Again

Verona, NY

#6 Feb 23, 2013
wow really wrote:
Kinda like how the paper printed that Tony Destito threw a chair at a girl in Lupias which was later proved to be bs? But since the paper printed it some of the idiots in this town still believee it to be true? Don't believe everything you read, especially in the Rome Setinel.
the paper also printer that tony hit someone with brass knuckles & that ened up being TRUE!
serious matter

Rome, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2013
The original Hello Again wrote:
<quoted text>the paper also printer that tony hit someone with brass knuckles & that ened up being TRUE!
This is not about Destito. Although he and Derek paved their path in blood and violence of those who could not defend themselves, Dicastro has much more to lose as he is very talented as well as much more money to lose with sponsers and what not. Destito's plaintiff only setteled for 10,000 because Tony doesn't even hold a job and anymore money he would be taking from him, would come from the state as that is Tony's only source of income.
wow really

Longmeadow, MA

#8 Feb 23, 2013
The original Hello Again wrote:
<quoted text>the paper also printer that tony hit someone with brass knuckles & that ened up being TRUE!
If im not mistaken he had them in his pocket and never pulled them out. If he had he wouldve been in some serious trouble i imagine. He did hit a guy with a barstool but by all accounts it was pretty much self defense and he wasn't the one who started the fight. Either way doesn't really matter, my point was and is not to believe what you read in the Rome Setinel cause its usuallt not entirely true and there's usually more to the story that's all. I don't know what Dereks situation is but I wouldn't condemn him based off what is said in that stupid rag.
wow really

Longmeadow, MA

#9 Feb 23, 2013
serious matter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not about Destito. Although he and Derek paved their path in blood and violence of those who could not defend themselves, Dicastro has much more to lose as he is very talented as well as much more money to lose with sponsers and what not. Destito's plaintiff only setteled for 10,000 because Tony doesn't even hold a job and anymore money he would be taking from him, would come from the state as that is Tony's only source of income.
Veto settled for 10 grand cause that was the cost of his hospital bills dummy, he started the fight not Tony and Tony agreed to pay the hospital bill cause they gave him a deal where he didnt have to hire a lawyer to fight it at trial and none of it even shows up on his record. Had he not busted chefboy up so bad he would have got nothing at all, and Tony would have got a slap on the wrist. Again, stop believing everything you read in the Setinel or what your local gossip hound tells you. Usually its not the full story.
so stupid

Rome, NY

#10 Feb 23, 2013
First of all you clearly dont know derek, hes not some deadbeat bum walking around no job and no motivation.he was actually very god at what he did at ucp.he was a hard worker for sure. So stop talking about him like hes this pathetic excuse of a person. Second, this "witness" is one of the biggest gossip's in rome and like to start shit, my friends and people I know, know this from experience including myself.and to say that those residents at ucp cant fight back, cmon every employee there has to just deal with getting their ass beat every single day so to say they cant defend themselves well thats bullshit, its the staff who have to defend themselves everyday and they get absolutely no recognition from anyone. If he did do it then so be it, he should not work there anymore but to talk like hes some sort of murder or rapist I mean thats ridiculous.all im saying is that I know derek and I also know this "witness" who by no means should be considered a reliable source so people shouldn't believe everything they hear.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12 Feb 23, 2013
I do not know any of the parties involved but the paper said He pleaded guilty. If it was made up about me I sure would not plead guilty to something I did not do. Yes they can be strong and combative and the employees are trained in SCIP-R techniques so there is no reason they should ever have to punch someone. I was trained in SCIP-R techniques and I do not recall the punching part. Just saying.
rediculous

West Hartford, CT

#13 Feb 23, 2013
You obviously have never met Derek... and have no idea about what he does and has done with snowboarding in our area... he isn't just a professional competitor he's a real person and a role model. He used to teach at woods valley and we bought my niece who is diagnosed with aspergers 3 ski lessons and the instructor got extremely frustrated with her learning rate and wasnt patient enough, we were very unsatisfied. When my brother explained the circumstances we were referred to Derek who was already regularly teaching another autistic girl how to snowboard. Reluctantly we bought another lesson with Derek. He connected and did more for her in one lesson than the other instructor did in 3. Derek worked with her every Thursday and friday night for the rest of the winter. He had her talking and laughing non stop she couldn't get enough of snowboarding. My brother went back the next winter to schedule a refresher lesson for her first day back on snow and Derek was no longer instructing. We found him on myspace at the time and asked if he would help her on her first day back. He rode with her for 2 hrs! when he tried to pay him he refused to take it said she did all the work he was just happy to share the sport. Ive now moved but he speeks w my brother pretty regularly. He is a very driven individual w a great heart. If not for him my niece would never have come to know the sport of snowboarding so in a that sense he represents the sport well in my eyes. I also read the paper and wont even question whether he did it or not its not my place to judge... regardless... we love him and wish him the best through this.
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Feb 23, 2013
When it comes to Derek , our family has nothing but respect for him . He worked with our daughter for a long time , he was able to connect with her and bring her out of her shell. She wasn't the easiest to work with, but he made huge changes with her .He went above and beyond to make sure she was happy and safe .He was always patient and concerned with her health and happiness. We now consider him a family friend , and would always trust him no matter what . He truly has a kind and caring personality . He has made such a positive impact on our daughter , and taught our whole family so much. I don't know anyone else his age that would take his own time to teach or just be a friend . No matter what , we know what a great person he is and how nice his entire family has been to us .
yep

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Lets face it, he hit a handicapped person causing stitches. He's a piece of sh*t.
wow

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Feb 23, 2013
yep wrote:
Lets face it, he hit a handicapped person causing stitches. He's a piece of sh*t.
You nor I know all the facts ! He is a good guy , who now faces horrible judgment . A guilty plea may not be what you assume . But ignorance is the on thing that's for sure .
wow really

Longmeadow, MA

#17 Feb 23, 2013
yep wrote:
Were you there? Can you prove it in any way shape or form? No? Didn't think so. Shut up and go get a job.. a life too while your at it.
boarder

Rome, NY

#18 Feb 23, 2013
how is it you people can defend somebody who assaults an autistic person? you people trying to justify this is the reason why Rome is such a disgusting place. people filled with jealousy hate and the need to hurt people who are already hurt enough on a daily bases. This man is sick and should be thrown in jail
wow

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Feb 23, 2013
boarder wrote:
how is it you people can defend somebody who assaults an autistic person? you people trying to justify this is the reason why Rome is such a disgusting place. people filled with jealousy hate and the need to hurt people who are already hurt enough on a daily bases. This man is sick and should be thrown in jail
You are a huge douche bag . Our child is special needs . Do you know what you are talking about ? As a parent , it is really hard to trust people around your child when they have a special situation . Derek was one of the first and only people to show any type of true concern or caring . No matter the situation, he was always kind and patient . After a some time , he became a true friend .
My sympathies are with the family of the injured child . No child should be hurt no matter what .
I don't know the whole story , and its not my place . BUT I know our personal experience with him was nothing but gentle and kind .
rediculous

West Springfield, MA

#20 Feb 23, 2013
Nobody was justifying anything the post is on whether he should still be sponsored or whatever...i gave our experience with him. If what the paper and you are saying is completelyyy accurate he may have made a mistake. No excuses. Your feelings and expressions on here mean nothing in the real world. Let the justice system take care of it talking about it on here will do nothing but obviously piss you off because the ppl who do know him are telling you the opposite of what you want to believe. You obviously do NOT know him and want to hate him and think hes a hotrible person bcuz what you've. Heard. Hes not. Period.
my name is boo boo

Danielson, CT

#21 Feb 24, 2013
Listen up good guy that work with derick. Told me he beat sll there ass es wow he going to get. What he has comimg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do not use David Rienzo tree service 38 min Pissed off customer 1
Rome's Next Mayor 1 hr Remington 229
Good Landscapers? 10 hr Harry nootz 3
Delayed Entry program 21 hr Sheesh 16
News Does Excessive Littering Hurt Rome's Honor Amer... Wed Roman 4
Old Marcy Insane Asylum (Oct '10) Wed AletaE 890
Electric wheelchair riders.. Wed Next 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages