awwee how cute

Brooklyn, NY

#166 Jan 12, 2014
Finally wrote:
<quoted text>
Well u r exactly right. I know for a fact that Rome select tried to work with the district. And they were turned away. They aren't white rich and preppy and the kids are from lower income families. That's not the right look!!!!!! Finally SOMEONE GETS IT.
My son doesn't fit into any of those catagories and he plays for the schoold district and Tri-valley. Never had a problem with either. But then again my kid can ball.
As far as select kids showing up wanting to play Stan Evans, I doubt it has anything to do with "select going under" as far as I know they seem to be doing fine. I think the kids just want to play in both legues. My son does travel and Stan Evans just because he likes to play ball.
lol

Rome, NY

#167 Jan 13, 2014
Its the select coaches bashing the district and Stan Evans? Not from what I can see. The main bashing, is towards select....come on, someone said their kids will be inmates in prison. How sad the approach some have taken just to bash a group that doesnt fit their idea, of what a team should be. And I am not "with" Select in any way. Just an impartial observer.
well

Whitesboro, NY

#168 Feb 13, 2014
They both do well select and tri valley. I happen to prefer select.
But, as long as the kids are ballin, that is all that matters. No coaches will make the others better. You are either an athlete or not. I saw tri valley tryouts and some kids have the same talent in 7th and 8th grade as they did in 3rd grade. You have it or you don't, but you have to keep playing.
confused

Watertown, NY

#169 Feb 13, 2014
Have the same talent? What do u mean? What's better about select? We are on fence also. Way better coaching on tri valley but we were promised financial help by select.
Not

Rome, NY

#170 Feb 13, 2014
confused wrote:
Have the same talent? What do u mean? What's better about select? We are on fence also. Way better coaching on tri valley but we were promised financial help by select.
does it really matter? We should be glad that there is a Rome select and a tri valley aau organization. At least now there are more kids playing basketball. So can we please stop all the nonsense and put your kids where you choose to. Thank you
Playaz

Rome, NY

#171 Feb 13, 2014
Tri valley coaches are terrible.
Stop

Rome, NY

#172 Feb 13, 2014
It's not about the coaches it's about kids getting to play. I don't think any of the coaches from either organization even get paid. It's all volunteer time. So wake up and stop bashing any of these coaches for putting quality time into the kids.
NOO

Whitesboro, NY

#173 Feb 13, 2014
confused wrote:
Way better coaching? Why, cause you have Nick and Bruce?
Nah, Rich and his coaches are good enough, you play more
and talent is equal.
okk

Whitesboro, NY

#174 Feb 13, 2014
Select has a tournament march 8th and 9th. you can still hop on a team, just ask Rich. This is why I put my kid on select. He already has 5 tournament scheduled. They are in march and april. you don't take those 3 months off, you continue bball as soon as school is done.
Get in now and get in the march 8th tournament, its going to be huge.
Not true

Watertown, NY

#175 Feb 13, 2014
Rich offered a stipend to all coaches. I think tri valley is volunteer bc it is through the YMCA.
Playaz

Rome, NY

#176 Feb 13, 2014
Nic and Bruce are the reason bball in Rome stinks. No clue
i know

Whitesboro, NY

#177 Feb 13, 2014
Playaz wrote:
and now they brought that coach over from Whitesboro and he is dangerous.
hahaha

Albany, NY

#178 Feb 13, 2014
Wrong team....Tri valley has only Rome coaches ( and former rch coach) select has 2 wboro coaches.
awww how cute

Brooklyn, NY

#179 Feb 13, 2014
hahaha wrote:
Wrong team....Tri valley has only Rome coaches ( and former rch coach) select has 2 wboro coaches.
Select no longer has the whitesboro coach he has chose to go else where this season.
awww how cute

Brooklyn, NY

#180 Feb 13, 2014
Playaz wrote:
You're kidding right? Bruce is awesome with the kids. I have seen him at all levels from youngest all the way up and I have never seen a coach so ocd about the proper way to play. I have actually watched him hop off the bleachers during half time of a game and have him show some kids that were just messing around the proper way to shoot. All coaches should be this way, too many kids with potential but have a sloppy game. As far as Nick he is a great coach. He spends his FREE time taking care of all the basketball programs from 3rd grade up. He is someone the kids can look up to. Rome is lucky to have coaches (any coaches) that care enough to put their time and effort into these kids.
awww how cute

Brooklyn, NY

#181 Feb 13, 2014
confused wrote:
Tri-valley offers financial help also. Every year my son plays we recieve stuff for fund raising that goes toward the families that are unable to pay the fees. Call the Y and speak to Bruce.
awww how cute

Brooklyn, NY

#182 Feb 13, 2014
okk wrote:
Select has a tournament march 8th and 9th. you can still hop on a team, just ask Rich. This is why I put my kid on select. He already has 5 tournament scheduled. They are in march and april. you don't take those 3 months off, you continue bball as soon as school is done.
Get in now and get in the march 8th tournament, its going to be huge.
Tri-valley doesn't take 3 months off. They have already started with try outs and the school season isn't even over yet. We will have practices through febuary and possibley a tourney at the end of the month. Tourneys always start the first part of March.
what

Whitesboro, NY

#183 Feb 14, 2014
awww how cute wrote:
<quoted text>
Select no longer has the whitesboro coach he has chose to go else where this season.
He is gone? Who was he? Where did he go? He had a good team/
hmmm

Whitesboro, NY

#184 Feb 14, 2014
awww how cute wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? Bruce is awesome with the kids. I have seen him at all levels from youngest all the way up and I have never seen a coach so ocd about the proper way to play. I have actually watched him hop off the bleachers during half time of a game and have him show some kids that were just messing around the proper way to shoot. All coaches should be this way, too many kids with potential but have a sloppy game. As far as Nick he is a great coach. He spends his FREE time taking care of all the basketball programs from 3rd grade up. He is someone the kids can look up to. Rome is lucky to have coaches (any coaches) that care enough to put their time and effort into these kids.
They are ok. all the coaches are ok Look, all that aside, no matter who is coaching or playing, the kids are off the street,
the coaches volunteer all their time, and its fun and they get to play ball
noo

Whitesboro, NY

#185 Feb 14, 2014
hahaha wrote:
One of the Whitesboro guys is coaching there with N and B. He doesn't have
a clue and the kids were scared half to death of him all during their youth. Ask
any of the parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI subpoenas all of Sheldon Silvers Aides 23 min Da BOSS 1
Tannery Road Superfund Site Danger 49 min fat arss 4
Enough with the 2 hour delays 49 min Really Stupid 40
El Chico restaurate 55 min short sighted 38
Dog breeders near Rome NY 2 hr Joshua 7
Mondrick Plumbing is a Ripoff 3 hr heating 12
vote for the new mayoral candidate 3 hr Concerned citizen 11
The Garage Pizza 9 hr Romans 58
Rome Dating
Find my Match