Looking to play boys aau basketball
Rome select sucks cock

Ardsley, NY

#97 Mar 1, 2013
Tri valley is way better ! Rome select kids are so trash at ball. How can any of those coaches guarantee my son a spot in the school season. Coach said if he came to tri- valley. He would deff have a spot in the future. How could you go wrong goin to triv alley ,
ashamed roman

Blossvale, NY

#98 Mar 1, 2013
You want to know what the funny thing about this whole basketball thing is.....the basketball program has jumped leaps and bounds since this guy took over. He started an AAU, runs summer league, runs clinics constantly, our Varsity team won a league title and qualified for playoff for the first time in years and all these people complain. 10 years ago we went 0-20 with Rich Miller as coach. I play basketball at the Y with a lot of his former players and they all say he is a really good guy and good coach but they didn't have enough talent to compete with the likes of the Syracuse schools.

I just don't know what you all want to be done? I'll have to ask them this weekend if they were told they had to play or were forced to play AAU. Regardless, lets take a second to look back on the huge strides our basketball program has taken in the last 5 years and hope it continues going forward for the next years.
Tammy

Tully, NY

#99 Mar 2, 2013
you al act like 6 year old gils!Grow UP! I's basketball, who reall cares which ne is better. get a life
Rome Ball

Brooklyn, NY

#100 Mar 2, 2013
They do have the talent but they always quit or get in trouble. We need to do a better job of getting the inner city kids more involved. Not only to keep them in the gym but help them graduate. What the district doesnt understand is that we will never win unless we develop the inner city kids. The rich kids will always be there. We can not continue to have our best players quit the team and not graduate. The favoritism must stop and we need to keep developing players as early as possible.Thats the real problem for Rome basketball over the last 20 years.
What a joke

Hamilton, NY

#101 Mar 2, 2013
ashamed roman wrote:
You want to know what the funny thing about this whole basketball thing is.....the basketball program has jumped leaps and bounds since this guy took over. He started an AAU, runs summer league, runs clinics constantly, our Varsity team won a league title and qualified for playoff for the first time in years and all these people complain. 10 years ago we went 0-20 with Rich Miller as coach. I play basketball at the Y with a lot of his former players and they all say he is a really good guy and good coach but they didn't have enough talent to compete with the likes of the Syracuse schools.
I just don't know what you all want to be done? I'll have to ask them this weekend if they were told they had to play or were forced to play AAU. Regardless, lets take a second to look back on the huge strides our basketball program has taken in the last 5 years and hope it continues going forward for the next years.
Dude they went down to a sucky league. Only way to win games. Once he started facing proctors and other AA schools you seen what happened. I rly don't know why some people want there kids to play for this guy. It's only bc he's the varsity of coach. Which his winning percentage is terribly low ... How is that good basketball!? He should be fired!
lol

Ithaca, NY

#102 Mar 3, 2013
I'm sorry, but this thread isnt about AAU b-ball, and isnt about kids...its about adults who are desperate to get every kid they can on their team, IT SEEMS, for their own agenda. The way both sides are acting, proves it. If it were about kids, those directly involved would have backed off this childish thread long ago.
balla

Fayetteville, NY

#103 Mar 3, 2013
Great
was at nh

Bedford, MA

#104 Mar 7, 2013
What an awful display of sportsmanship by Rome when they lost. Coach told them not to shake hands. Awful!
hey

Whitesboro, NY

#105 May 2, 2013
my kid is 12 going on 13 and never got involved. I hear all good/bad about tri valley and select.
Cant decide where to go this yr. I was just asked for a couple tournaments to play in for tri valley at 50 a pop since im just getting in,(if I do)
How are the 11/12/13 etc age groups doing for each of them?
wow

Whitesboro, NY

#106 May 2, 2013
why you so stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
I still believe cornball is Jerry, or is someone close to Jerry and Jerry was running his mouth to them. Either way that represents Rome Select, that is who you choose to partner with. I had no issue with you, him or Rome Select up to this point but apparently I bruised someone’s ego bc my son decided to go with the rest of his teammates to Trivalley. Sorry Jerry but no one was thinking about you or your ego when that decision was made. This whole thing disgusts me I agree with the poster above me, it seems to be more of a personal issue between you guys and Medecis. It’s sad bc it is no longer about the kids and what is good for them. BTW could you pls take down the picture with my son in it off your site. I don't want him affiliated with Rome Select in anyway shape or form after this display.
We will keep any pic we want-your kid stinks anyway
whoa

Whitesboro, NY

#107 May 2, 2013
why you so stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich, I will not take away from you or your organization bc it is giving kids something to do and that is never a bad thing. My son played last year he was a 4th grader at the time and Rome Select let him play on the 5th grade team which I was very greatful for bc it gave him something to do in the off season. However I felt it was not well organized. Practices would be canceled or moved and I would not be notified. I also felt my son did not really learn much, I feel for the amount paid his game should improve alot. I understand Rome Select is just coming up and there is room for improvement. I understand that you have the Whitesboro coach coaching for the 5th or 6th graders this year? This coach has a great team and seems to be great at teaching skill wise, but during the summer league we played him and when we beat his team he had a worse attitude than the kids. This is something you may want to keep an eye on. You do not want him teaching the kids bad sportsmanship. My son was given the option of what team he wanted to play for this year bc trivalleys coach for 5th grade does not impress me, but he chose trivalley bc Nick had already coached him for travel. I am hoping for the best on that one. Now as far as the tag day issue, my son did not play stan evans this year but one of his travel team mates did. I think most of the parents involved with this were under the impression that the money raised would go for insurance costs for the league for next year bc Rome Slect was taking over. I think the question is where will these funds go now that Rome Select will not be taking over the Stan Evans league?
First off in the summer league, everytime rome played, you had a different team with different ages. Your team changed drastically every night. Medicis would put together guys until he got it right
Seriously

Hamilton, NY

#108 May 2, 2013
NOBODY CARES!!!
Everybody needs to move on, this is seriously showing how trashy Rome parents are. Move on. Pick a team for your kid and let them play ball. It's really that easy.
now

Whitesboro, NY

#109 May 3, 2013
Seriously wrote:
NOBODY CARES!!!
Everybody needs to move on, this is seriously showing how trashy Rome parents are. Move on. Pick a team for your kid and let them play ball. It's really that easy.
Its not the parents, its the coaches!!!
Smd

Hamilton, NY

#111 May 3, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
We will keep any pic we want-your kid stinks anyway
is her kid the fat one that can't run up and down court?
Nick Lapointe

Farmington, CT

#112 May 3, 2013
Seriously I coach the tri valley 5th grade team you wanna talk trash to each other fine but don't bring a kid into it what is wrong with you as long as there playing leave it alone and especially don't bring my kids into it
lol

Ithaca, NY

#113 May 3, 2013
I will NEVER allow my kids to join groups run by either of these two. I cant believe the childishness I am reading...and bad mouthing a kids ability...be ashamed!! Someone needs to step in and shut them both down! Such a shame that people cant grow up and act proper, so ALL of the kids in Rome that want to improve their skills can. I am sure I am not the only parent with young kids turned off by this, and wont let their kid be subjected to it either. These people actually expect you to PAY them, so they can bad mouth your kid's ability! My kids will learn more from me, and then playing in the school leagues!
Rome Select

Brooklyn, NY

#114 May 3, 2013
i highly doubt this is from any one of the two teams.Lets be honest these comments sound like they are coming from a kid
Coach Howard Rome select

Hamilton, NY

#115 May 3, 2013
Enough is enough, who ever is "Cornball" will you please stop trash talking. You are creating a bunch of problems that my organization does not need. We are trying to get along with the try- valley and every other AAU organization so please stop talking about kids and parents GROW UP. Find something more productive to do. Rome select and tri- valley might be two different organizations but WE ARE STILL FAMILY.
noo

Utica, NY

#116 Jun 9, 2013
are u in the 315 tourney this weekend? Is the 11 yr old team with the illegal point guard playing for rome select in the 11 u? not that he is any good, cmon Rich, have the legal ages. He was 12 in july, should not be with the 11 yr olds.Is that team playing? Why don't they play us city rocks? since they think they are so good
hmmm

Utica, NY

#117 Jun 9, 2013
Politics wrote:
My son played on the 7 grade team for tri-valley. We paid all that money. Just to drive to tourinments to watch a couple whiteboro kids and new Hartford kids play the whole game. Waste of money , and my kid didn't have fun at all. I doubt he got any better. He deff will be making a switch this years!! Thank god I seen this thread :)))
is all politics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where are all the prostitutes in Rome??? (Aug '14) 12 min Jmuh 45
State fair 35 min baretta1976 4
Is Russell Johnson a trashy realtor? 37 min dare 6
Gallardos 52 min Concerned 1
aaron* page the cop (May '14) 1 hr elbows 24
Rome School District - Turning Stone 1 hr Rome 29
I Need a Rome Real Estate Agent???? (Jul '10) 1 hr Ok Idiot 26

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance