Looking to play boys aau basketball
Great idea

Rome, NY

#275 Mar 12, 2014
If anyone from Rome Select is adding to this nonsensical thread please just stop responding. People will play their kids where they want and like whatever league they like. It's really fine. Just let the kids play and stop all the BS.
lol

Ithaca, NY

#276 Mar 12, 2014
playaz wrote:
Why again does this need to involve tri Valley? You had a good weekend, great. Why talk about other teams? So what you've been to tournies. How much practicing is your team doing? Are they all Rome select kids or are you picking up kids from other teams to win (dsquad, new Hartford aau, tri valley)??
Congrats
Someone asked a question about tri valley. Rome Select, for the most part, hasnt spoken on tri valley. And your last question, makes no sense. If a kid comes from another squad, and chooses to be on Select, then he IS a Rome Select kid, that was previously on a different team. Listen, as I have said OVER AND OVER, its kids b-ball, and great that those kids have multiple avenues to play. Lets all build these kids up, and praise BOTH teams for their hard work!! Anyone trying to create division, shame on you. Way to teach kids what sports are all about.
playaz

Blossvale, NY

#277 Mar 13, 2014
I didn't say switched to Rome select. They have a tendency of picking up players from other teams on weeks they aren't playing and penalized the kids on their own team by playing these new kids over them.
Sad but true

Rome, NY

#278 Mar 13, 2014
Basketball and youth sports in general have become more of a distraction from more important issues that youth will face in the future. The cesspool of parents who think THEIR kid is the chosen one who doesn't need to demonstrate basic respect for other players or coaches is out of control. And just because someone is volunteering their time to coach doesn't automatically make them a saint, so give that a rest. No doubt there certainly are many individuals who give up their time for the love of a sport and to help kids. However there seems to be more and more parents out there coaching just so their kid gets an advantage, usually at the expense of the development of the other kids. Politics in youth sports have become a nasty reality. Then there are the coaches who don't have kids in the sport and have other agendas such as ego boosting or monetary reasons. I'm not talking about salaries. There is no substantial accountability of the financial side of these travel ball teams and youth leagues. And basketball, which is the topic of this long, yet revealing thread, has become one of the worst culprits in the ever growing world of bad sportsmanship and poor parental/coaching examples. It truly has become a thug sport. Just take the time to read this thread from beginning to end.
To all the coaches who are in it for the right reasons, THANK YOU for your time and teaching the kids not only sport skills, but life skills. Because that's what youth sports is, or should be about. The percentage of kids that will move on to their big PAYDAY is minuscule. But the percentage of kids that need to learn how to function in society is 100%.
Based on my review of this thread....let the criticism begin.
lol

Ithaca, NY

#279 Mar 13, 2014
playaz wrote:
I didn't say switched to Rome select. They have a tendency of picking up players from other teams on weeks they aren't playing and penalized the kids on their own team by playing these new kids over them.
This practice is not thhe team I have been around. I can only speak on that.
look goof

Whitesboro, NY

#280 Mar 13, 2014
playaz wrote:
Look playaz guy. So what, if a kid has a free weekend and wants to cross over to another league, so what!!! Let him play. the other kids aren't being penalized. they are still playing.
I went to tri valley tryout this yr and last yr. Get off your high horses!!! they have a Whitesboro dad over there who talks about going to nationals with 7th and 10th grade team. We practice more than anyone, we wont take anyone from other teams for tourneys, you cant play for rome high school if you don't play tri valley etc. First off, im glad you think your good, your suppose to think that (by the way boro guy, your kid IS NOT GOOD) anyways quit putting down other programs and just worry about the playaz. We will see how good you really are. Half the kids on those teams over there play baseball and miss half the aau anyways. I saw up to 10 tri valley kids playing on other teams last weekend, some on select.
Wrong

Meriden, CT

#281 Mar 13, 2014
A kid should not be picked up to play on another team unless they pay to play in that game or tournament. Parents have paid to have their kids play on that team once the kid has made the team. For other kids to come in and not pay their fair share and take playing time from another who did pay is wrong and should not happen.
playaz

Blossvale, NY

#282 Mar 13, 2014
That's because the 10th grade kids are going to nationals. Just like last year. And the rumor of having to play tri valley to play at Rome is another dumb rumor rich. Bohning made up. My son doesn't go to Rome but from interactions with coaches at rfa they want what's best and most of the time it's staying with them. What's the alternative? D-squad? In utica with the lack of control out there? Utica titans? They are a mess and constantly cheating. Rome select? Won't even comment on them. So he wants his kids to play where he knows they are getting better and not wasting their time with aau coaches who just kiss their ass the whole time. What's wrong with wanting what is best?
lol

Ithaca, NY

#283 Mar 14, 2014
playaz wrote:
That's because the 10th grade kids are going to nationals. Just like last year. And the rumor of having to play tri valley to play at Rome is another dumb rumor rich. Bohning made up. My son doesn't go to Rome but from interactions with coaches at rfa they want what's best and most of the time it's staying with them. What's the alternative? D-squad? In utica with the lack of control out there? Utica titans? They are a mess and constantly cheating. Rome select? Won't even comment on them. So he wants his kids to play where he knows they are getting better and not wasting their time with aau coaches who just kiss their ass the whole time. What's wrong with wanting what is best?
Rather than take the word of people who've never been to a practice, and really have no idea how Select's teams are individually run, why not come to a practice yourself. The teams I have seen at practices, there is no ass kissing. There is no coddling. The game, and the fundamentals of the game, are the first priority along with having the right attitude for the game, and in life. Maybe some have an issue that I havent seen, but the teams I have seen, are run very well. Notice, I wont speak on Tri-valley or the RFA coaches, because I dont attend their practices, so I wont pretend to know just to serve my agenda to down someone else...like some others keep doing on here.
wrong

Whitesboro, NY

#284 Mar 14, 2014
playaz wrote:
Two parents whose kids play for tri valley told me the same thing!!! Its true
wrong

Whitesboro, NY

#285 Mar 14, 2014
playaz wrote:
So NM is the God of basketball and the rome select teams, the Utica teams etc all suck? They cant live up to the famous tri valley. Let me tell you something D squad and city rocks and a couple rome select teams will battle anyone in your league. My kid is on one of the select 8th grade teams and they are coached very wll and I can see them playing anyone.
I also hear a parent from tri valley 7th grade run his mouth how good they are and the coaching is best in country yada yada yada. first off that parent (hint: boro) is nuts and everyone thinks so including his own kid. Well play the Utica city rocks .. Talk about getting your a$$ handed to you. Oh and I have seen ALL the select coaches and believe me, they don't kiss ANY parents asses. They are all for the kids. Same with Utica coaches. I have seen them ALL also.
they do

Whitesboro, NY

#286 Mar 14, 2014
Wrong wrote:
A kid should not be picked up to play on another team unless they pay to play in that game or tournament. Parents have paid to have their kids play on that team once the kid has made the team. For other kids to come in and not pay their fair share and take playing time from another who did pay is wrong and should not happen.
when they do switch and play for someone else, they do pay a fee
Tutoring LOFnL

Rome, NY

#287 Mar 16, 2014
Came across a document from Select group on the web stating they also provide TUTORING. Do tell, who provides the tutoring in your program? And WHO doesn't try to BS the parents? I can't stop laughing about this claim.....
lol

Ithaca, NY

#288 Mar 17, 2014
Tutoring LOFnL wrote:
Came across a document from Select group on the web stating they also provide TUTORING. Do tell, who provides the tutoring in your program? And WHO doesn't try to BS the parents? I can't stop laughing about this claim.....
It really is amazing, the amount of hatred in this city, for a YOUTH BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION! We have some really sad individuals in this city, but then again we knew that already. My kids enjoy being on their team, playing with talented kids, and learning from the coaches. In just the 3 weeks since we started this session, they have improved as players, and as people. Their bad attitudes, towards coaching, has changed fairly quickly. Thanks, Select!
well said Rich

Rome, NY

#289 Mar 17, 2014
your program is a virus
lol

Ithaca, NY

#290 Mar 17, 2014
well said Rich wrote:
your program is a virus
To bad its not Rich. And AGAIN, a parent who's kids play with them, no virus detected as of yet. Nothing but good, so far. I'll have zero issue telling you, if there is.
R u one of the tutors

Rome, NY

#291 Mar 17, 2014
U must be one of the tutors that the program offers.
Fact

Syracuse, NY

#292 Mar 17, 2014
R u one of the tutors wrote:
U must be one of the tutors that the program offers.
With your spelling and grammatical errors you need a tutor.
lol

Whitesboro, NY

#293 Mar 18, 2014
lol
bottom line

Whitesboro, NY

#294 Mar 26, 2014
Rome select or tri valley CANNOT FUNCTION OR BE ANY GOOD
without Whitesboro players in their league.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunoco armed robbery 36 min 6 OHHHHHH 18
ignorant mouths 43 min Unreal 1
Voegler 47 min scary 3
brittney vaughn (Aug '13) 1 hr Brittney 19
Advice required 1 hr JMD 1
the real reason we should hate the jews 1 hr reddogg66 1
Dominick N. 1 hr Roger F 55

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance