Oh you know

Rome, NY

#234 Feb 21, 2014
CRAZZINESS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you werent affiliated with select you wouldnt be effected by my opinion and there for would not feel the need to throw out names (and the wrong name btw) Must really suck to have so many ppl be able to see through that good guy farse you guys put up. Must suck even more to be so wrong about who you think you are talking to....lmao sleep on that
while I sleep on it "lol" you should do the same mrs TAY. OH AND STOP COMPLAINING AND HELP OUT. GIVE SOME FREE TIME TO THE KIDS LIKE BOTH ORGANIZATIONS DO , AND BE A POSITIVE PARENT INSTEAD OF A NEGATIVE PARENT AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE ROME BASKETBALL AND ALL THE OTHER SPORTS WILL IMPROVE.
CRAZZINESS

Tampa, FL

#235 Feb 21, 2014
Oh you know wrote:
<quoted text>while I sleep on it "lol" you should do the same mrs TAY. OH AND STOP COMPLAINING AND HELP OUT. GIVE SOME FREE TIME TO THE KIDS LIKE BOTH ORGANIZATIONS DO , AND BE A POSITIVE PARENT INSTEAD OF A NEGATIVE PARENT AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE ROME BASKETBALL AND ALL THE OTHER SPORTS WILL IMPROVE.
If you knew me you would know that I do put time in to my kids sports. I also dont find myself to be a negative person just calling it how I see it. I also wont condone an organization that will bad mouth young kids
coaches

Whitesboro, NY

#236 Feb 21, 2014
Who are all the coaches? what town are they from?
Are they nice guys or maniacs? How many times do
you practice a week? How many tournament do they play in?
My husband wants to know. I know this is the last week to sign
up, so we have to decide quick. Oh, also, what is the cost?
agree

Whitesboro, NY

#237 Feb 21, 2014
why you so stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich, I will not take away from you or your organization bc it is giving kids something to do and that is never a bad thing. My son played last year he was a 4th grader at the time and Rome Select let him play on the 5th grade team which I was very greatful for bc it gave him something to do in the off season. However I felt it was not well organized. Practices would be canceled or moved and I would not be notified. I also felt my son did not really learn much, I feel for the amount paid his game should improve alot. I understand Rome Select is just coming up and there is room for improvement. I understand that you have the Whitesboro coach coaching for the 5th or 6th graders this year? This coach has a great team and seems to be great at teaching skill wise, but during the summer league we played him and when we beat his team he had a worse attitude than the kids. This is something you may want to keep an eye on. You do not want him teaching the kids bad sportsmanship. My son was given the option of what team he wanted to play for this year bc trivalleys coach for 5th grade does not impress me, but he chose trivalley bc Nick had already coached him for travel. I am hoping for the best on that one. Now as far as the tag day issue, my son did not play stan evans this year but one of his travel team mates did. I think most of the parents involved with this were under the impression that the money raised would go for insurance costs for the league for next year bc Rome Slect was taking over. I think the question is where will these funds go now that Rome Select will not be taking over the Stan Evans league?
He has to have the best talent. Losing does not go well at that level. He beat us in a tourn last yr, but it got crazy. I also think he had kids over the age limit on that team. Two centers and a guard.
Did I strick a nerve

Rome, NY

#239 Feb 21, 2014
TRUE COLORS wrote:
See this new thread "Dianne Taylor and Coach STOSH Schaffer" (started just after a recent post on this thread) to see just what level the "Select" group will sink to....YOU WANT THESE FOLKS COACHING YOUR KIDS?...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!
who? What ? Where ? When?
Classy group

Rome, NY

#240 Feb 21, 2014
Wish I had boys so YOU could coach 'em up!!! You're obviously a positive influence on young children....thanks for helping make my case. Anyone who reads this entire thread and still chooses to put their kid in your organization, deserves what they get. Their kid doesn't deserve it but the parent needs to get a clue. Thank god you're not involved in girls bball.
I heard

Rome, NY

#241 Feb 21, 2014
Classy group wrote:
Wish I had boys so YOU could coach 'em up!!! You're obviously a positive influence on young children....thanks for helping make my case. Anyone who reads this entire thread and still chooses to put their kid in your organization, deserves what they get. Their kid doesn't deserve it but the parent needs to get a clue. Thank god you're not involved in girls bball.
girls team coming next year
lol

Rome, NY

#242 Feb 21, 2014
Classy group wrote:
I was just at practice, and Select couldnt have started the thread you speak of, they were busy coaching kids....a practice scheduled for 11:30-1, that the coaches stayed for and kept going until 2, because its about the kids. Gym wasnt being used, so they stayed an hour late to keep working. I've been apprehensive about either group, hearing negatives about both, but being their first hand, I seen a practice that stressed good sportsmanship, being good teammates, and having positive attitudes.
yeah yeah yeah

Rome, NY

#243 Feb 21, 2014
Good luck with that. Comparatively, the Rome girl's programs are much better than either boys organizations. Just go to Modified, JV, or Varsity games. You just don't see the same crap. Both boy's organizations should take a look at the girl's developmental programs. The Valentine league is much better than Stan Evans ever was. Tons of involvement from coaches and league administrators that don't even have kids playing anymore. The girls are good kids and good sports when they get to HS. Many of which are on the honor roll for grades as well. The kids with good attitudes move on and the behavior problems get cut. Doesn't matter who you are, but it does matter how you act. Don't let Select drag down the girls programs too!
Playaz

Rome, NY

#244 Feb 21, 2014
Boys bball is an embarrassment to the city. Zero discipline and a try to win at any cost attitude has ruined the program. Medicis is bullied by the kids,very sad.
yeah but

Rome, NY

#245 Feb 21, 2014
...look what he gets to work with. didn't one of the posts from the select coach boast about how almost all of last years JV boys came through the Select program one way or another? HHMMM. No wonder Medicis wants to develop his own group of players. Agree with the discipline issue though. You may get bad seeds, but then you gotta deal with them appropriately. Even if it costs you some wins.
playaz

Cooperstown, NY

#246 Feb 21, 2014
Your a disgruntled parent. I've watched this varsity program since my son played a couple years ago for him. I've watched this coach bench starters on numerous occasions that resulted in losses. If people would just stop with the nonsense and let him coach I think we'll be winning some MORE tvl championships under This coach.
yeah but

Rome, NY

#247 Feb 21, 2014
Not sure what your trying to say. I am not a disgruntled parent. I don't have a boy playing now, in the past or the future. I'm just saying that Medicis has to deal with the players he gets. Now that he is more involved in the development of younger players, he should be able to get the kids that are coachable, since he has something to do with how they are developed.
Wouldn't you rather be working with the players at younger ages so you could make sure they'll be coachable at the upper levels. If not, you wouldn't pick them for the team. If a kid has a bad attitude and is disrespectful...he has no place on a school team. There are some good kids on that team,but also a lot of trouble. It's usually about development at the younger ages and what those coaches accept as appropriate behavior. Once they reach the varsity level, not many kids are going to change their attitudes.
playaz is

Watertown, NY

#248 Feb 21, 2014
I meant to say that the guy who posts as "playaz" is a disgruntled parent.
Playaz

Rome, NY

#249 Feb 21, 2014
Not a disgruntled parent , just and embarrassed former player. Sad program.
CRAZZINESS

Rome, NY

#250 Feb 22, 2014
Oh you know wrote:
<quoted text>while I sleep on it "lol" you should do the same mrs TAY. OH AND STOP COMPLAINING AND HELP OUT. GIVE SOME FREE TIME TO THE KIDS LIKE BOTH ORGANIZATIONS DO , AND BE A POSITIVE PARENT INSTEAD OF A NEGATIVE PARENT AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE ROME BASKETBALL AND ALL THE OTHER SPORTS WILL IMPROVE.
It's crazy that you took the time to start a thread about a person who is not even posting here. I think this person you keep speaking of must be the newest parent to pull their child from the select program. Seems to be someone gets their painties in a knot when that happens and they decide to trash the family and kids. Such a shame......
was there

Utica, NY

#251 Feb 22, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just at practice, and Select couldnt have started the thread you speak of, they were busy coaching kids....a practice scheduled for 11:30-1, that the coaches stayed for and kept going until 2, because its about the kids. Gym wasnt being used, so they stayed an hour late to keep working. I've been apprehensive about either group, hearing negatives about both, but being their first hand, I seen a practice that stressed good sportsmanship, being good teammates, and having positive attitudes.
It was a well run practice, I was there also, they stayed late, they worked hard, they have their work cut out for them, they have to develop a lot of those kids and they choose to do that even it they wont win a game. I also heard a coach tell the players they could call him for basketball purposes, school things , or if they just wanted to talk. It was 2 eight grade teams and one 7th grade working together. They seemed pretty good to me.
lol

Rome, NY

#252 Feb 23, 2014
How come no one is talking about the game they won today, to win a league? Congrats to the kids, a well earned championship. Great job to the coaches, and the kids!!!!
playaz

Watertown, NY

#253 Feb 23, 2014
Because the league was a joke
lol

Rome, NY

#254 Feb 23, 2014
I've heard Westmo was a good team, who they beat in the final. of course, since some of you have formed your opinion, you'll never give credit. And those KIDS, deserve the credit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are tests scores so low at RFA 35 min Interesting 68
Would you recommend Rome NY? 3 hr NotALocal 22
Does anyone read the Rome Sentinel (Sep '14) 3 hr NotALocal 13
NYS Child support thieves 3 hr Comment 28
diane martin grande best choice for rome's future 4 hr Democrat 8
waffles next to dematteos (Jun '13) 4 hr Waffles 7
Democratic Committee endorses Martin-Grande ove... 4 hr Matt 65
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE