Rome, NY

#209 Feb 16, 2014
sad but true wrote:
I'm ignorant?...
2 cents, not "2 sense"
handle our selves, not "selfs"
an uncle Tom, not "a uncle Tom"
proof, not "prof"
Did you graduate High School? Did you even play basketball in school?
And I don't need to stop by a practice to see how you handle yourself. Been there, done that. I'm speaking from experience. I've seen a few of your coaches in action. I haven't seen them all, but I haven't seen one I'd want being around my kid!
wow you are so smart
what a joke

Whitesboro, NY

#211 Feb 17, 2014
sad but true wrote:
I'm ignorant?...
2 cents, not "2 sense"
handle our selves, not "selfs"
an uncle Tom, not "a uncle Tom"
proof, not "prof"
Did you graduate High School? Did you even play basketball in school?
And I don't need to stop by a practice to see how you handle yourself. Been there, done that. I'm speaking from experience. I've seen a few of your coaches in action. I haven't seen them all, but I haven't seen one I'd want being around my kid!
You sure it isn't your kid the coaches don't want to be around? I know who you are and im sure that's the case.
thank you

Rome, NY

#212 Feb 17, 2014
I would take that as a compliment! And reassuring he doesn't poses any of the qualities you are looking for. I never said my kid played for your organization, but I do know enough about it to suggest kids find another group to be affiliated with.
sort of

Whitesboro, NY

#213 Feb 17, 2014
thank you wrote:
I would take that as a compliment! And reassuring he doesn't poses any of the qualities you are looking for. I never said my kid played for your organization, but I do know enough about it to suggest kids find another group to be affiliated with.
Your right, but when you look at all the organizations, you can say that about all them, whether its select, tri valley, Utica city rocks, D squad, etc. all of them have their ups and downs, just let the kids play and get better, plus they stay in shape no matter where they play.
thank you

Rome, NY

#214 Feb 17, 2014
Kids definitely benefit from the activity in all these teams. I guess parent's just have to hope if their kid is spending the amount of time they do with these teams over the course of various seasons each year (aau, travel ect...), that the coaches and organization are a good influence on them. Like someone else mentioned, some of the groups have coaches that act more like the kids than coaches-sure the kids will be drawn to that, but that's not how a coach or parent should be acting. They're a role model whether they like it or not.

I'm done with this discussion. This forum is not going to convince anyone of anything, but hopefully it will make more parents pay more attention to the individuals that their kids will be spending so much time with!
2 faces

Rome, NY

#215 Feb 17, 2014
Mrs t
You know what you are doing is wrong. Please don't let me have to air out your closet. Do not post on here again or I will personally blow your spot up. Stosh hhmmmm
Laughing my arse off

Brooklyn, NY

#216 Feb 17, 2014
f kk u wrote:
<quoted text>
Fu k you!!!! You don't know anything about the kids. We help them play ball and teach sportsmanship and respect, but we cant dig deep into their private family lives and help them with that. what the f you think we are, social workers? Get ahold of yourself you aSSwipe and show your face u yellow coward!!! Keep your moth shut and let BOTH leagues have fun and play basketball
Wow! You make such a compelling argument. Where can I sign my kid up?
Your are the problem

Rome, NY

#217 Feb 18, 2014
thank you wrote:
Kids definitely benefit from the activity in all these teams. I guess parent's just have to hope if their kid is spending the amount of time they do with these teams over the course of various seasons each year (aau, travel ect...), that the coaches and organization are a good influence on them. Like someone else mentioned, some of the groups have coaches that act more like the kids than coaches-sure the kids will be drawn to that, but that's not how a coach or parent should be acting. They're a role model whether they like it or not.
I'm done with this discussion. This forum is not going to convince anyone of anything, but hopefully it will make more parents pay more attention to the individuals that their kids will be spending so much time with!
its not the coaches , it's not the kids , IT'S THE PARENTS THAT TALK BAD ABOUT THE COACHES THAT' S THE TRUE PROBLEM. remember kids learn from their parents, so all these parents that are judging these coach's,and think that they know it all then get off their lazy tales and COACH....... One last thing , if your kid never played for these coach's then you can't say that you truly know them as a coach so why are you even commenting on them.
parent

New York, NY

#218 Feb 18, 2014
Can someone let me know how the girls Aau program is?Are there alot of girls on each team and is there alot of playing time?Do you have to be really good this would be for the tri valley aau.How many nights a week do you practice and is practice at the ymca?How often are the tournaments and is there a website?I heard practices were 2x a week and is that mandatory?
mannys

Gloversville, NY

#219 Feb 18, 2014
Whats the difference between rome lady rebels aau and tri valley aau at ymca in ROme
different groups

Rome, NY

#220 Feb 18, 2014
They are just separate organizations. There also used to be a Spangles organization but I believe they are not fielding teams this year. Should mean more competition for the 2 remaining groups. 3 groups spread the number of players kind of thin.
hiring

New York, NY

#221 Feb 19, 2014
Is there one that is better than the other?
difference

Watertown, NY

#222 Feb 19, 2014
Rome rebels everyone makes the team that signs up. Tri valley ymca there is a tryout open to anyone. Make your own pick.
different groups

Rome, NY

#223 Feb 19, 2014
Depends on the age group. last year one of the older tri valley teams barely had enough kids. It depends on the year and the age group. Sometimes they take all who sign up due to limited numbers and sometimes they need try outs. I think the Lady Rebels do more "traveling". They seem to play more tounaments further away, not just the local ones. A year or two ago, we had a friend that played tri valley and they were only supposed to play in 3 tournaments, but I think they only played in 2. Just get info from both organizations. Good luck.
difference

Watertown, NY

#224 Feb 19, 2014
This is the first year for tri valley??
different groups

Rome, NY

#225 Feb 19, 2014
there was a team together last year or year before. Was coached by RCH girls varsity coach. Mostly RCH players and a couple more. Not sure how long the girls have had a tri-valley team or if that was the only year??
parent

Bronx, NY

#226 Feb 20, 2014
Thank you for your help
CRAZZINESS

Brooklyn, NY

#227 Feb 20, 2014
I just read through this entire thread and ...WOW! These guys are really on here bashing kids and threatening to "expose" parents because you don't like their opinion. I am surprised that anyone allows their kids to play for this group. It seems like Select is all about their own agenda... Take down Medecis. I am sure they are helping kids play ball in the process, but as I see it god forbid one of those kids or their parents bruse an ego. And btw, the kid at the begining of the thread that they are bashing if its who I think it is I have seen him play and he is good. I am sure if he keeps up the good work he will go places with out the misguided help of these fools.
CRAZZINESS

New York, NY

#229 Feb 21, 2014
Your are the problem wrote:
<quoted text> OK MRS TA
ARE YOU STILL DOING STOSH
Ok, not sure who Stosh or Mrs Ta are, but this is a prime example of what I was talking about.
CRAZZINESS

Brooklyn, NY

#231 Feb 21, 2014
Oh you know wrote:
<quoted text> ok mrs Tay are you still doing STOSH
Ok Darling you can go ahead and put that on blast bc I am definitely not whoever you are referring to. But again our buddies at Select showing their true colors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whole Foods Market 45 min Whole Foods Market 1
tammy hildenbrant and shawn hayes 57 min RomanMark 5
Tracy spada 1 hr Jeff f 2
Jennifer downs syndrome 1 hr Dave b 3
News Former Rome wrestling coach charged with child ... 2 hr Dan 7
Racism is wrong! 2 hr Shah of Iran 4
News Rome community rally against proposed education... 3 hr SHAKIN in boots 49
Red Moon Saloon (Feb '11) Mon lori lori lori lori 10
Rome Dating
Find my Match