Looking to play boys aau basketball

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Player

Blossvale, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2013
I'm looking to play aau basketball. My last post was gone after I came back to read it. What's the difference between rome select aau and tri valley aau? Which is better?
Truth

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Both organizations are good programs.
What grade level are you looking to play?
bball player

Blossvale, NY

#3 Jan 29, 2013
I'm 9th and my brother is 7th. We just moved here about 2 weeks ago.
Truth

Hamilton, NY

#4 Jan 29, 2013
bball player wrote:
I'm 9th and my brother is 7th. We just moved here about 2 weeks ago.
Try out for both teams. You may make one and not the other, and you can check out both both coaching staffs and kids on the teams. That's my suggestion.
Rome woo

Windsor Locks, CT

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Go for tri valley better coaching and better organization
why you so stupid

New York, NY

#7 Jan 30, 2013
TRIVALLEY, BETTER ORGANIZED, BETTER COACHING STAFF AND YOU PLAY MORE TOURNAMENTS FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE. MY SON HAS DONE ROME SELECT AND I WASN'T ALL THAT IMPRESSED. HE WILL BE PLAYING FOR TRIVALLEY THIS YEAR.
Truth

Hamilton, NY

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Rome select is in it's fourh season and gets bigger and stronger every year. WE are HERE to STAY no matter what. We will grow and grow and I think you get the picture. We have good coaches and have helped a lot of kids develop. We find hidden talent that other coaches don't see. If you want to learn the game , and have fun join Rome select.
Rome woo

Farmington, CT

#9 Jan 31, 2013
Tri valley has every coach from all the schools around here coaching plus has Bruce who runs the YMCA running it. More tournaments better run better experience people leave select to play tri valley not the other way around
confused

Morrisville, NY

#10 Jan 31, 2013
If kids are playing basketball, having fun and getting better why does it matter? This seems like its more about adult issues and coaches at battle to see who is better. Any adult/coach that is starting this or posting on here is just showing their immaturity. For that reason alone, I wouldn't have my kid play for them. Just let the kids play and move on. People know who is good & who isn't without all of this nonsense.
FYI

Ardsley, NY

#12 Feb 1, 2013
I'm pretty sure both aau teams play same amount of tourinments! For actually less money.! Dud
Rome Select

Sherburne, NY

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Rome Select is less politics MORE Basketball.
Pull your pants up

Albany, NY

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Look for the team with the most kneegros.
Truth

Hamilton, NY

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Pull your pants up wrote:
Look for the team with the most kneegros.
You are so mature. WOW
rome select

Whitesboro, NY

#17 Feb 18, 2013
No doubt, my kid is 12 but a dec birth date, so he can play 6th or 7th gr. After tryouts, they put him on both. they were so helpful.

I saw nicks teams in travel basketball. OMG
why you so stupid

New York, NY

#18 Feb 18, 2013
rome select wrote:
No doubt, my kid is 12 but a dec birth date, so he can play 6th or 7th gr. After tryouts, they put him on both. they were so helpful.
I saw nicks teams in travel basketball. OMG
Which Nick are you refering to?
Rome select f haters

Ardsley, NY

#21 Feb 20, 2013
Rome Select is a joke wrote:
If all this money that OUR BOYS raised from the Stan Evans league goes to this guy's pocket or even his AAU and not the league...i WILL be calling Mr. Hickey first thing Monday morning and if not, I'll go straight to Mr. Fusco. This needs to be taken care of IMMEDIATELY.

My guy you are and idiot. My son played for richie. The tag day was for the less fortunate kids who's parent struggle and couldn't pay the fee! How is rich taking advantage!? Ohh be he wants to help the less fortunate! The kids that don't have to worry about money. Bought there uniforms for Stan Evans.
Dumbassss

Ardsley, NY

#22 Feb 20, 2013
Rome Select is a joke wrote:
I don't get it....Why do people like this rich bohning guy? He had the Stan Evans teams, my son's team included, go out and do a tag day. Now all of a sudden his team as well as Navy Blue come back with brand new uniforms. And then the school district takes over the league and the money is gone. The guy is a THIEF....keep your kids away from him. Don't like the other AAU, then bring them to Utica...but DO NOT play for this guy. Besides, what basketball knowledge does he have? Did he play ANY BASKETBALL in HS???? He's out for one thing and one thing only...himself. He's not trying to help your kids.
you are a retard my Freind. The kids know who they would rather play for. All medicies does is promise kids that they'll make the school team the following years. And it's quite funny that Medices had new Hartford kids on his aau team... They lit his ass up during season. Why get the other schools kids better. What a dumbasss. He will be fire in near future
lol

Ithaca, NY

#23 Feb 20, 2013
I think all of you fail to realize what youth basketball is all about, THE KIDS!!! All this back and forth, out of ADULTS, I hope none of you coach or are involved in any of these teams, because the kids deserve better!
Richard Bohning

Brooklyn, NY

#25 Feb 20, 2013
Stan Evans Uniforms??

My team and Jerry's team have had uniforms for 3 years.Maybe you should have stepped up for your team.With the tag day done this year many coaches decided to not participate.The teams that did help were rewarded. We were able to raise enough funds to purchase uniforms for team Black. Do some research before you make assumptions. Also any one that knows me knows i spend countless dollars on youth basketball. Also i am financially secure and do not need to steal anything from any one. Like i have always sad my organization stands for itself. We have 7 teams and continue to grow every year.Look for Rome Select to be opening its brand new home court September 2013!!!
Richard Bohning

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Feb 20, 2013
Also my kids parents paid for there shorts. Sounds like you have some issues with your coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Creeps who hang out at Dippin all day (May '14) 17 min Touchyer Doodle 49
Tell me about Amanda fox hill 31 min Intriguing mind 5
who has the best drugs in rome ? 40 min Them 10
Anthony Swanscot 1 hr Dyfax 2
Turningstone FACTORY OUTLET announces JOB Fair 2 hr Uh huh 1
Bang bus is coming to Rome NY 2 hr malcom 2
Rome City School Workers 3 hr Taxpayer 25
Who is the biggest [email protected] in Rome? (Sep '13) 13 hr Iddoher 75

Rome Jobs

More from around the web