prisoner or correctional officer

prisoner or correctional officer

Posted in the Rome Forum

mike

Rome, NY

#1 Mar 13, 2014
Who is worse?The prisoner or the correctional officer?

The prisoner thinks hes tough because hes in or has been in prison and the correctional officer thinks hes tough because he watches prisoners.

The prisoner can be in prison for drugs while the correctional officer brings the drugs in.

The prisoner can be in for domestic violence while the correctional officer goes home and beats on his wife and kids.

The prisoner can be in for DWI while the correctional officer leaves work and goes directly to the bar to get smashed.

A prisoner can be in for weapons while the correctional officer goes home and threatens to shoot his family,friends and neighbors.

So, who is worse?....the scumbag who lifts weights all day and then brags about his prison stay and how tough he is, or the other scumbag who watches the prisoners lifts weights all day and brags about how tough he is because he watches prisoners.In my opinion its the correctional officer who is worse.He just hasnt been caught yet.
RIP

Rome, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2014
The prisoner could be in for murder, the correction officer?

The prisoner could be in for molesting a baby, the correction officer?

Etc.

Correction officers are not the only ones who go to bars to drink, in fact most of the people in bars drinking probably are not correction officers.

All the domestic abuses cases I've read in the paper, the only 1 that involved a Correction Officer was a lie made up by the woman.

Facts are drugs get into prison more so from visitors bringing them in, packages the inmates family send the inmate, other correctional staff bringing them in vs. a correction officer bringing them in.
Pretty simple

Liverpool, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2014
You could have posted prisoner vs _________[occupation of choice].
It would still be the same, but it is not the norm.
So it is simple. The prisoner got caught and doesn't have the resources to get out of it.
#truth

Utica, NY

#4 Mar 14, 2014
I've learned that the latest generation on corrections officers are mostly criminals hiding behind a badge. They have a chip on their shoulder and think they can get away with being criminals themselves and will never be reprimanded for it cause they're big bad COs. This is a shame because I remember a time when being a corrections officer was something to be proud of and commended for but these younger guys have ruined it for those long time officers who have worked hard for their 20 years in the job. So in my opinion nowadays corrections officers and criminals are one in the same. It's a shame.
Former Correction Officer

Rome, NY

#5 Mar 14, 2014
mike wrote:
The prisoner thinks hes tough because hes in or has been in prison and the correctional officer thinks hes tough because he watches prisoners.
The prisoner can be in prison for drugs while the correctional officer brings the drugs in.
The prisoner can be in for domestic violence while the correctional officer goes home and beats on his wife and kids.
The prisoner can be in for DWI while the correctional officer leaves work and goes directly to the bar to get smashed.
A prisoner can be in for weapons while the correctional officer goes home and threatens to shoot his family,friends and neighbors.
So, who is worse?....the scumbag who lifts weights all day and then brags about his prison stay and how tough he is, or the other scumbag who watches the prisoners lifts weights all day and brags about how tough he is because he watches prisoners.In my opinion its the correctional officer who is worse.He just hasnt been caught yet.
So Mike..........your ignorance shines through very bright!!! I have a question for you! Which Correctional Facilities did you do your bid(bids) at?? Or was it your father? Or your brother? Or maybe your mother? Obviously it was one of you, because only a convict, or someone close to a convict would make such ignorant comments. Or just a shallow minded idiot, that has a problem with authority in the first place. People like you make me laugh at their ignorance.
DSC

Danielson, CT

#6 Mar 14, 2014
Most are drunk pension padders!
lol

Rome, NY

#7 Mar 16, 2014
Former Correction Officer wrote:
<quoted text> So Mike..........your ignorance shines through very bright!!! I have a question for you! Which Correctional Facilities did you do your bid(bids) at?? Or was it your father? Or your brother? Or maybe your mother? Obviously it was one of you, because only a convict, or someone close to a convict would make such ignorant comments. Or just a shallow minded idiot, that has a problem with authority in the first place. People like you make me laugh at their ignorance.
You must be one of the CO's that mike is referring to. You seem bitter. Now I see why you are a "former correction officer". Glad to see you aren't disappointing.
Former Correction Officer

Rome, NY

#8 Mar 16, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of the CO's that mike is referring to. You seem bitter. Now I see why you are a "former correction officer". Glad to see you aren't disappointing.
Wow you're good genius! What was your first clue??? Bitter? Couldn't be any further from the truth. Just stating the facts!! It's quite obvious the only one that is bitter is the one idiot making the post. And YOU, if it's not already you using multiple screen names. Former as in RETIRED. You would have to work for a living to understand that term.
brad

Rome, NY

#9 Jan 19, 2015
mike wrote:

It sounds like he got punked on the cell block!!!
Seriously

United States

#11 Jan 23, 2015
Mike, did a CO bang your old lady or did one stand by while you got banged in prison. Sure sounds like you have a personal vendetta with COs. I personally know several and they are all about the same as any other average Joe. They tend to have an attitude towards idiots that lump them all in the same group because they share a common profession. The truth is like every other job, you can find many walks of life in this profession.
blahhh

Schenectady, NY

#12 Jan 23, 2015
Lets just say that half of the COs that are 40 years old and younger, that work at Mohawk, are drunks/drug addicts.. Its a loose statistic but I know many who are. Coke any one?
abby

Tampa, FL

#13 Jan 29, 2015
[QUOTE who="#truth"]I've learned that the latest generation on corrections officers are mostly criminals hiding behind a badge. They have a chip on their shoulder and think they can get away with being criminals themselves and will never be reprimanded for it cause they're big bad COs. This is a shame because I remember a time when being a corrections officer was something to be proud of and commended for but these younger guys have ruined it for those long time officers who have worked hard for their 20 years in the job. So in my opinion nowadays corrections officers and criminals are one in the same. It's a shame.[/QUOTE]
Could not agree more. Its disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Palasades Hotel Food very skimpy. 4 min Gary 15
Rome needs Real places to work with Real paychecks 7 min GI Joe 14
Buzz 25 min Rubinoturd 10
News Joe Fusco Defends His Handling Of Economy, Housing 25 min BLA BLA BLA 1
Bedbugs in Rome 3 hr happy 10
Ron Townsend vs Frank Tallarino (Apr '13) 4 hr policy 26
Farm animal s in people's yards.. 6 hr farm animals 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages