Councilors wasting money

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bonnie

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Seriously. We're going to put $35,000 into a 20 year old brinks truck. Just another vehicle that will sit around at the police lot. Then I read they throw out a lawn mower that would've been used almost daily. Nice budgeting of our money. You should be thrown out.
Rome Voter

Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 14, 2012
the 20000 id FREE money from agrant! We do NOT need a 53000 mower, FIX hat we have NOW!
Occasional Sinner

Boston, MA

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Louis DiMarco is a first class PUTZ!
Go somewhere Lou....
Cha Ching

Minoa, NY

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Bonnie wrote:
Seriously. We're going to put $35,000 into a 20 year old brinks truck. Just another vehicle that will sit around at the police lot. Then I read they throw out a lawn mower that would've been used almost daily. Nice budgeting of our money. You should be thrown out.
Cuts cuts cuts. I think it shoud all be cut. Forget a new mower, forget some used truck that needs money and work.
Direct the police dept to patrol more in the high crime neighborhoods.
Consolidate and cut staff. Gravy train is over.
Cut mayor salary, cut dept head salary and eliminate health insurance for the common council.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#6 Dec 14, 2012
The decision to postpone purchase of a new mower makes sense given the current conditions. I think the counselors would gone along with the proposal if the administration had show savings in payroll but that was not the intent, it seems. The mayor reasoned that the new mower would save time so staff could be assigned to other (non-specified) tasks.
Bonnie

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Rome Voter wrote:
the 20000 id FREE money from agrant! We do NOT need a 53000 mower, FIX hat we have NOW!
What about the mechanics pay? Is that a grant. No. Have you seen the piece of junk?
Rome Voter

Durhamville, NY

#8 Dec 14, 2012
the Mayor is a GOOF!
Rome Voter

Durhamville, NY

#9 Dec 14, 2012
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>What about the mechanics pay? Is that a grant. No. Have you seen the piece of junk?
The mechanic gets PAID if he works or watches TV! It his JOB to fix City equipment!
T-Rex

Washington, DC

#10 Dec 14, 2012
Rome Voter wrote:
<quoted text>The mechanic gets PAID if he works or watches TV! It his JOB to fix City equipment!
Go look at the hunk of junk. Whomever the mechanic is that gets stuck working on it will be busy for a year. Let's put $40,000 into a 20 year old junk box.
Boo

Conklin, NY

#11 Dec 14, 2012
Whats going in
Guessing

Saranac Lake, NY

#12 Dec 14, 2012
The council has been useless. They are only intrested in getting face time. They only make a rummble once in a while in order to make it look good. The truth is they are behind the scenes kissing Joe Joe ass. Just like the councilor, and Joey working behind the curtain to spend CDBG money to buy out their friends slum house they can't rent. Just happens that person is the same one who lied and worked their ass off to get Fusco and that councilor in office. Payback must be nice to use the system to try and pull the wool over people's eyes. So the rest of the council are still a bunch of bubble heads. They should have forced the issue of laying off all the knot heads Fusco hired since he has been in office. They all need to be replaced.
Bad News for Mayor and

Hyde Park, MA

#13 Dec 14, 2012
Council on the way.....
Get a life

Minoa, NY

#15 Dec 15, 2012
Lawn mowers? Really?
If this fiscal cliff situation isn't resolved things will be disastrous and the freaks in this city are discussing a freaking lawn mower?
Guessing

Saranac Lake, NY

#16 Dec 16, 2012
Get a life wrote:
Lawn mowers? Really?
If this fiscal cliff situation isn't resolved things will be disastrous and the freaks in this city are discussing a freaking lawn mower?
My oh my like we got control over doing something about the fiscal cliff, really. Thats funny. We can bitch about what Rome spends money on through. So yea we are going to bitch about a freaking lawn mower.
Not a city

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 16, 2012
Rome is not even a real city.A city has a population of 50,000 or more.This is once upon a timeville.We dont need more than half of all this crap we are paying for.And the base GLDC is a circus of personal misused funds being run by a bunch of little people from the land of oz.Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain,hi frank.
enough said

Utica, NY

#18 Dec 16, 2012
that people that run rome are retards!
Captain Twinkee

Saranac Lake, NY

#19 Dec 16, 2012
I sure hope JK Ciccotti runs against that fat piece of sponge cake Sparace. Sure JK has had his issues,at least they are on the table. Sparace is a slimey,sneaky wanna be. East Romans I hope you are paying attention. JK got a couple hundred votes as a write in last year,I sure hope he's on the ballot this year. Sparaces father in law Dan Guggi sure did a lot of bad mouthing of JK last year. Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. Didn't Mrs. Guggi get arrested for pilphering funds from the Rome Housing Auth? Be careful Dan.
Public Safety Fusco

Lexington, MA

#20 Dec 16, 2012
I think JK might not follow like a sheep....or make me look dumber than I am!
Public Safety Fusco

Lexington, MA

#21 Dec 16, 2012
Dan Guggi has a DPW Command Post at Dunkin Donuts!
I smell donuts on him all the time!
Captain Ring Ding

Saranac Lake, NY

#22 Dec 16, 2012
Guggi is mad that Fusco found that he is lazy fatass. Guggi was up Browns ass too. Until Brown realized the same thing. LAZY as hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
aaron* page the cop (May '14) 11 min m 23
State fair 46 min Rome 2
colleen fadel 1 hr trash 4
Ron Townsend - VERDICT IS IN 4 hr toucherslayerslayer 182
I Need a Rome Real Estate Agent???? (Jul '10) 5 hr Isthismike 25
Stephanie mortise pregnant again 5 hr Tend to your own 5
Is Russell Johnson a trashy realtor? 6 hr Underpaid now 3
Rome School District - Turning Stone 10 hr Rome 26

Rome Jobs

More from around the web